Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
TheMaestro
KVRist
299 posts since 26 Jan, 2020

Post Sat May 23, 2020 3:13 am

wagtunes wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:01 am
God, you people drive me crazy.

Listen to this and stfu already. There is no comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwYuykUfyA
WE KNOW! EVERYBODY KNOWS!
Except you, which made a comparison with a different Oberheim.
If the Earth was flat, cats would have pushed everything off the edge a long time ago.

User avatar
Calenberger
KVRian
1362 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Sat May 23, 2020 3:13 am

vurt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:58 am
would a poll change your mind?
+1 for another poll on these synth emulations :tu:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, kanntu meine musi hoeren da:
https://sonoryth.bandcamp.com/
Signature Sound

User avatar
TheMaestro
KVRist
299 posts since 26 Jan, 2020

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Sat May 23, 2020 3:14 am

wagtunes wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:07 am
TheMaestro wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:05 am
wagtunes wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:57 am
But I also listened to a HARDWARE OB-Xa. Why did you completely gloss over that part?

Anyway, it doesn't matter. My decision is made and that's all that matters to me. I'm not getting Arturia's version. With resonance cranked up it sounds like crap and nobody can make me think it doesn't.
Because you're back-peddling and saying that now, not in your original post/comparison.
You haven't even tried the Arturia OB-Xa ffs.
You're disconnected or confused with everything in a strange way, and it really makes no point even replying to you with facts or reason.
I don't need to demo something myself. If I don't like the way something sounds to begin with, there is no point in demoing it. I don't have that kind of time to waste.
LOL. Of course you have. No one believes otherwise.
If the Earth was flat, cats would have pushed everything off the edge a long time ago.

User avatar
Calenberger
KVRian
1362 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Sat May 23, 2020 3:15 am

TheMaestro wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:13 am
wagtunes wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:01 am
God, you people drive me crazy.

Listen to this and stfu already. There is no comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwYuykUfyA
WE KNOW! EVERYBODY KNOWS!
Except you, which made a comparison with a different Oberheim.
A famous German soccer player once said:
Working in Milano or Madrid, who cares as long it's in Italy.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, kanntu meine musi hoeren da:
https://sonoryth.bandcamp.com/
Signature Sound

chk071
KVRAF
24026 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Sat May 23, 2020 3:17 am

Can any beta tester ( if he's allowed) try to replicate the sound which can be hear here at 7:50? Would be interesting for me. Preferrably without additional fx and eq'ing, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwYuykUfyA

Edit: Oh, and maybe the one at 8:17 as well. :)
Last edited by chk071 on Sat May 23, 2020 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plugins and a DAW. On a operating system. Which runs on a computer.

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
19062 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Sat May 23, 2020 3:19 am

TheMaestro wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:14 am
wagtunes wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:07 am
TheMaestro wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:05 am
wagtunes wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:57 am
But I also listened to a HARDWARE OB-Xa. Why did you completely gloss over that part?

Anyway, it doesn't matter. My decision is made and that's all that matters to me. I'm not getting Arturia's version. With resonance cranked up it sounds like crap and nobody can make me think it doesn't.
Because you're back-peddling and saying that now, not in your original post/comparison.
You haven't even tried the Arturia OB-Xa ffs.
You're disconnected or confused with everything in a strange way, and it really makes no point even replying to you with facts or reason.
I don't need to demo something myself. If I don't like the way something sounds to begin with, there is no point in demoing it. I don't have that kind of time to waste.
LOL. Of course you have. No one believes otherwise.
Blah, blah, blah.

Have a nice day.

User avatar
Calenberger
KVRian
1362 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Sat May 23, 2020 3:22 am

I like the polite and reasonable discussion in this thread!
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, kanntu meine musi hoeren da:
https://sonoryth.bandcamp.com/
Signature Sound

nordickvr
KVRian
1249 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Sat May 23, 2020 3:34 am

You'r right.
Its getting a bit dull over here.

AnX
KVRAF
7025 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Sat May 23, 2020 4:51 am

vurt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:58 am
would a poll affect your mind?

ftfy :wink:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
64964 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Sat May 23, 2020 4:52 am

AnX wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:51 am
vurt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:58 am
would a poll affect your mind?

ftfy :wink:
too late for that :hihi:

AnX
KVRAF
7025 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Sat May 23, 2020 4:54 am

chk071 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:17 am
Can any beta tester ( if he's allowed) try to replicate the sound which can be hear here at 7:50? Would be interesting for me. Preferrably without additional fx and eq'ing, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwYuykUfyA

Edit: Oh, and maybe the one at 8:17 as well. :)

7.50 the acid type sound?

the other one is simple S+H, done that already


I'll have a dig tonight, but I've got a banging hangover, need to get out and get some air

totally doable tho :tu:

User avatar
BlitBit
KVRist
320 posts since 28 Nov, 2013 from Germany

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Sat May 23, 2020 4:57 am

wagtunes wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:07 am
[...]I don't have that kind of time to waste.
That time is reserved for the next 19011 posts. :hihi: :wink:

Also somewhat reminds me of this classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRj61dcvmuU
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

User avatar
BlitBit
KVRist
320 posts since 28 Nov, 2013 from Germany

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Sat May 23, 2020 5:01 am

Calenberger wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:15 am
[...]
A famous German soccer player once said:
Working in Milano or Madrid, who cares as long it's in Italy.
And a famous Northern Irish soccer player once said:
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

I hope I don't wander too much into vurt's thread derailing comedy territory here. :wink:
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

chk071
KVRAF
24026 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Sat May 23, 2020 5:06 am

AnX wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:54 am
chk071 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:17 am
Can any beta tester ( if he's allowed) try to replicate the sound which can be hear here at 7:50? Would be interesting for me. Preferrably without additional fx and eq'ing, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwYuykUfyA

Edit: Oh, and maybe the one at 8:17 as well. :)

7.50 the acid type sound?
Yep, that one. :)
Plugins and a DAW. On a operating system. Which runs on a computer.

Kian Russell
KVRist
116 posts since 23 Mar, 2019

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Sat May 23, 2020 5:08 am

TheMaestro wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:13 am

WE KNOW! EVERYBODY KNOWS!
Except you, which made a comparison with a different Oberheim.
:)
The guy who conducted the test is a bit of a lamer imo. Wagtunes was sucked in by bs good and proper.
Silly comparison from yet another influencer who didn't even try to hide his bias.

Having used the Arturia for a good few hours now I can say with honesty its a cracking Synth which is good news for those waiting for the Synapse version because I am sure that will also be a cracking Synth too.

Return to “Instruments”