Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another route to the SpectraLayers Pro is thru Sound Forge Pro 14 Suite. Currently, the upgrade for Sound Forge owners is $299.00, which includes Spectralayers Pro 6 AND an upgrade to SpectraLayers Pro 7 when it is released. I own older copies of both softwares (back when Sony owned them), and have not done this deal. Be advised the checkout doesn't show the Spectralayers 6 and 7 Upgrade as I believe they are considered internal plugins in Sound Forge Pro 14. But the fact it is included is shown on the Sound Forge Pro 14 Suite page and contacting Magix could confirm.

Edited from Standard to Suite, oops

Dirtgrain wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:08 am Regarding the "Samplitude Pro X4 Suite + Steinberg SpectraLayers Pro 6 for $149" deal posted in the "No Chat" thread, the company Magix looks fishy as hell. It has a bunch of bad reviews here: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.magix.com

I would totally jump on this deal if I could trust the seller, but I don't.
It is trustworthy. However, the current version of Samplitude is 5, so you are getting the old version. Not sure if they are still giving the free upgrade to 5, or if you now have to pay. You do get Spectral Layers though, even though the sold it to Steinberg. They must still have some deal because I recently bought the 5 Suite which comes with Spectral Layers 6 with a free upgrade to 7.

dzilizzi wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:57 pmYou do get Spectral Layers though, even though the sold it to Steinberg. They must still have some deal because I recently bought the 5 Suite which comes with Spectral Layers 6 with a free upgrade to 7.
Great. Is that the full version of SL6 that you can use standalone and is registered via Steinberg? No dongle required I believe!

yellowmix wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:36 pm
Ou_Tis wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:06 pm Hmm, wonder why the Plugin Boutique rewards points Loopmasters packs don't show up in my Loopcloud, whereas packs purchased from the Loopmasters website do. (It's especially annoying when I'm browsing sounds in the Loopcloud store and have to make sure I don't already have the pack through Plugin Boutique.)
Probably a lack of integration between the two sites' backends. Just because sites/brands are owned by the same entity doesn't mean the technical aspects are the same or interoperable. There's also the GDPR and data sharing laws that make it difficult to link your two accounts. It's also possible Loopmasters bought Plugin Boutique (I don't know and I don't feel like looking it up).

If I were you I'd be sending emails to both of them requesting they implement it but it may be logistically prohibitive. From a development standpoint, it is a major project and I can't see them prioritizing it for so little benefit (to them).
Plugin Boutique's freebies seem like their primary advantage over other sellers who usually underprice them. They do often have their monthly one-off freebies too, but the free sample packs from reward points were my main reason for preferring PB over cheaper options like Best Service. Personally, when I realized that their Loopmaster packs didn't show up in Loopcloud it was annoying enough to prompt me to switch to cheaper sellers as my defaults.

If there are privacy law issues they could at least include it as a voluntary option. Matching email addresses and registered sample packs doesn't seem like it should be difficult.

Big complaints with Magix are their loops in Music Maker cannot be used for commercial use, a lot of their graphics programs install upgrade checkers that have annoying pop-ups, and the sales are usually on old products that require paid upgrades.

If you really want Spectral Layers, I would grab this sale. You won't find a better price. Plus you have the option of loading all the other stuff that comes with it, or not. There is usually a bunch of 3rd party products in the suite.

yellowmix wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:52 pm
Ploki wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:42 pm Hm Melda’s license transfer is a bit offputting to be honest.
https://www.meldaproduction.com/about/licencing/general

20% of full MSRP... so it's like the Waves model, except the Waves model is 5%. Though their $29 deals come down from, say $299 (J27 Tape) so the fee in that case would be ~$14.95 or 52% of the paid price (plus current WUP).

Looking at Melda's current sale, MSuperLooper at $21 has an MSRP of $109 so the transfer fee would be $21.80 or 104% of the paid price. Let's try something else, MSoundFactory at $219 has an MSRP of $328, the transfer fee is then $65.60 or 30% of the paid price. There's also the standard 50% off, so it doesn't matter what we choose so let's use nice numbers. 20% of an MSRP of $100 sold for $50 is $20, or 40%.
Needing the waves licenses to be covered by a current update plan imposes a fair old cost tho. I have some I would sell if not for that eg it is $30 to get the update plan for IR1 and Supertap, which is probablymore than I could sell both for
Last edited by fairlyclose on Tue May 26, 2020 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

For those who enjoy making Ambient/Atmospheric music, AudioPlugins-Deals is having a sale on the FELICITY by Rigid Audio Kontakt Plugin. It's on sale from $49 to $4.

At first I thought, yeah sure, it must be a loser synth for that price, but after listening to the trailer, I saw that I could tweak and put to use many of the sounds in this plugin. Check it out.
Coronal Winds Radio - Tune In!
Remember, what you believe doesn't rewrite reality.

Dirtgrain wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:51 pm Well, SpectraLayers was what interested me--it's normally $299.00, but I think I'll wait to see if Steinberg does a sale this summer.
I am in same boat. if SL does go on sale, it will probably by 50% off. so I guess $150. which makes this decent as you get Samplitude. Not that I know what I would use it for yet.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:55 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:51 pm Well, SpectraLayers was what interested me--it's normally $299.00, but I think I'll wait to see if Steinberg does a sale this summer.
I am in same boat. if SL does go on sale, it will probably by 50% off. so I guess $150. which makes this decent as you get Samplitude. Not that I know what I would use it for yet.
Yeah I'm feeling the same thing and came on to this thread to comment about this as well. I'm only interested in Spectralayers and honestly can't even see a single reason why I'd need Samplitude. I wonder if the Samplitude key is resell-able.

dlt123 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:49 pm For those who enjoy making Ambient/Atmospheric music, AudioPlugins-Deals is having a sale on the FELICITY by Rigid Audio Kontakt Plugin. It's on sale from $49 to $4.

At first I thought, yeah sure, it must be a loser synth for that price, but after listening to the trailer, I saw that I could tweak and put to use many of the sounds in this plugin. Check it out.
Sounds good, but just a heads-up, you need full version of Kontakt 6.
I've not seen many vendors go exclusively with K6 yet. Interesting.

Just got an email about Nebula 4 being 80% off (79 euro) until June 12th.

Bansaw wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:49 am
dlt123 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:49 pm For those who enjoy making Ambient/Atmospheric music, AudioPlugins-Deals is having a sale on the FELICITY by Rigid Audio Kontakt Plugin. It's on sale from $49 to $4.

Sounds good, but just a heads-up, you need full version of Kontakt 6.
I've not seen many vendors go exclusively with K6 yet. Interesting.
Yes, it does require Kontakt Full version... I owned Kontakt V1.5 and my upgrade price to Kontakt 6 was $99, so I upgraded. Not a bad price for Kontakt 6.
Coronal Winds Radio - Tune In!
Remember, what you believe doesn't rewrite reality.

agharta wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:04 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:57 pmYou do get Spectral Layers though, even though the sold it to Steinberg. They must still have some deal because I recently bought the 5 Suite which comes with Spectral Layers 6 with a free upgrade to 7.
Great. Is that the full version of SL6 that you can use standalone and is registered via Steinberg? No dongle required I believe!
Yes full standalone license.

dzilizzi wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:25 am
agharta wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:04 pm
Yes full standalone license.
but one can sit on the code until 7 comes out? any word on that release?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”