Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

El°HYM wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:10 pm
Ploki wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:39 am does anyone know if Melda referral code works only for the first purchase, or only once, or...

I want to buy a couple plugins, but will probably wait for the BF sale, and i don't want to spend my first voucher on the single plug i need to buy during this week's eternal madness. :)
I have a referral if you need one & I also would wait for the bigger bundle, as my first purchase was also the free pack, so I could have saved more, yet it is also a pretty solid pack. So no regret. :tu:
sure, drop it to PM. better than randos from coupon pages. :)

El°HYM wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:10 pm
Ploki wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:39 am does anyone know if Melda referral code works only for the first purchase, or only once, or...

I want to buy a couple plugins, but will probably wait for the BF sale, and i don't want to spend my first voucher on the single plug i need to buy during this week's eternal madness. :)
I have a referral if you need one & I also would wait for the bigger bundle, as my first purchase was also the free pack, so I could have saved more, yet it is also a pretty solid pack. So no regret. :tu:
You have PM's disabled? :o

thanks, sorry i can't reply to your PM :D

Hmmm, strange. I didnt change anything in there & normally can receive msg, Just added you to my friend list, maybe it works now?

Edit: No, you was right, the setting was set to 'no' which is strange as there are some messages in there, too. But should work now, as usual. :oops:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

v1o wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:57 pm
goldenanalog wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:38 pm Magix is an interesting company; although one gets the impression that they’re more of a holdings company at this point.

Having said that: Samplitude is a big deal - always has been, but it seems that every new version starts out buggy - it eventually gets largely ironed out, tho.

They now own almost all the old Sony Professional content: Vegas, Acid, Sound Forge - the legacy Sonic Foundry stuff. And they’ve been recently updating it: 64 bit; etc.

They also own Sequoia - that’s Samplitude’s big brother; the way Nuendo is to Cubase.

Speaking of which:

There seems to a connection between Magix and Steinberg: Steinberg now owns Spectralayers; but Spectralayers is also associated with Magix - you’re going to get the next version of SL when it drops if you buy the X5 Suite - seems very unusual if Steinberg owns the ip, unless there’s a relationship there.
goldenanalog wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:45 pm Magix is legit. Weird, different - are probably suitable adjectives to describe. Complicated could be one.

Here’s Sequoia, btw:

https://www.magix.com/us/music/sequoia/

- the above link resolves to Samplitude X5 on my phone for some reason. Here’s another link that helps to identify the differences:

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/magix-seq ... _variant=a
To add to the weirdness, Magix used to sell a cut down DAW based on Logic Pro, called Magix Music Maker. They had some kind of relationship with Emagic before they got took over by Apple.

The one thing I don't understand is why Samplitude is regularly heavily discounted. That's unusual for high end professional tools. Software like Pyramix, Pro Tools and Soundblade doesn't get discounted like that because its not aimed at consumers but at professionals and institutions.
I think Sequoia is still considered a pro product. Samplitude was a really good DAW when it came out, but then, the competition was not that tough then. If you think about it, they sell version 4 for $149. If you want to upgrade to the current version with all the latest bells and whistles, it's another $150 to $200, which brings it in line with something like Studio One. What is weird is that they do sell old versions. No other DAW company does that as far as I know.

dzilizzi wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:29 pm
v1o wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:57 pm
goldenanalog wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:38 pm Magix is an interesting company; although one gets the impression that they’re more of a holdings company at this point.

Having said that: Samplitude is a big deal - always has been, but it seems that every new version starts out buggy - it eventually gets largely ironed out, tho.

They now own almost all the old Sony Professional content: Vegas, Acid, Sound Forge - the legacy Sonic Foundry stuff. And they’ve been recently updating it: 64 bit; etc.

They also own Sequoia - that’s Samplitude’s big brother; the way Nuendo is to Cubase.

Speaking of which:

There seems to a connection between Magix and Steinberg: Steinberg now owns Spectralayers; but Spectralayers is also associated with Magix - you’re going to get the next version of SL when it drops if you buy the X5 Suite - seems very unusual if Steinberg owns the ip, unless there’s a relationship there.
goldenanalog wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:45 pm Magix is legit. Weird, different - are probably suitable adjectives to describe. Complicated could be one.

Here’s Sequoia, btw:

https://www.magix.com/us/music/sequoia/

- the above link resolves to Samplitude X5 on my phone for some reason. Here’s another link that helps to identify the differences:

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/magix-seq ... _variant=a
To add to the weirdness, Magix used to sell a cut down DAW based on Logic Pro, called Magix Music Maker. They had some kind of relationship with Emagic before they got took over by Apple.

The one thing I don't understand is why Samplitude is regularly heavily discounted. That's unusual for high end professional tools. Software like Pyramix, Pro Tools and Soundblade doesn't get discounted like that because its not aimed at consumers but at professionals and institutions.
I think Sequoia is still considered a pro product. Samplitude was a really good DAW when it came out, but then, the competition was not that tough then. If you think about it, they sell version 4 for $149. If you want to upgrade to the current version with all the latest bells and whistles, it's another $150 to $200, which brings it in line with something like Studio One. What is weird is that they do sell old versions. No other DAW company does that as far as I know.
yeah. i am getting the impression Magix business model is a little like Corel's over here in Canada. You can either buy the new version or just keep buying their old version at 90% off.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I am confused... Like usual!

Did Sample Logic update CinemorphX or just put it on sale?

dandezebra wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:20 am I am confused... Like usual!

Did Sample Logic update CinemorphX or just put it on sale?
They released a version that doesn't run in Kontakt player for slightly cheaper

telecode wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:55 pm I am in same boat. if SL does go on sale, it will probably by 50% off. so I guess $150. which makes this decent as you get Samplitude. Not that I know what I would use it for yet.
FWIW, the iZotope RX Crossgrade is $99 right now. I love using RX for spectral editing.

Best Service have great prices on Melodyne 5.
Upgrade from any version of Essential to 5 Editor is $275.

Uncle E wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:36 am
telecode wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:55 pm I am in same boat. if SL does go on sale, it will probably by 50% off. so I guess $150. which makes this decent as you get Samplitude. Not that I know what I would use it for yet.
FWIW, the iZotope RX Crossgrade is $99 right now. I love using RX for spectral editing.
Very nice price at $84 in the cart, upgrade from any paid iZotope product. Nice!

dzilizzi wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:25 am
agharta wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:04 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:57 pmYou do get Spectral Layers though, even though the sold it to Steinberg. They must still have some deal because I recently bought the 5 Suite which comes with Spectral Layers 6 with a free upgrade to 7.
Great. Is that the full version of SL6 that you can use standalone and is registered via Steinberg? No dongle required I believe!
Yes full standalone license.
Thanks.

There's an offer on today for the following for £87.20 using the code FREEDOM2020:

SOUND FORGE PRO 13
STEINBERG SPECTRALAYERS PRO 6
Celemony Melodyne Essentials
Plus a few iZotope Essentials

I think the 20% code expires today but the main deal at £109 is good until June 1st.
https://shop.magix.com/en_GB/magix/bask ... B0Iq7wJJJq

v1o wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:43 pm
russeault wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:55 pm I'm pretty sure that WA Prods are the same people as pluginboutique
Maybe if you said WA and Soundspot were the same people?

Anyway WA are based in Dubai UAE. And PB are in Brighton England. WA production produce a lot of shovelware that they flog on PB, VST Buzz and APD.
Thanks v1o, I didn't expect a technical discussion. . .
I did some research to back up my thinly sourced suspicions - WA was started by a Czech person (or at least Eastern European) so even though they may be Dubai, that's more than likely for tax purposes rather than someone of that particular ethnicity. So country of registration is fungible and is unlikely to be the actual place of business. PB and WA are listed as partners on the WA website, but couldn't find evidence that they're as tight at PB and Loopmasters. Nonetheless, PB seems to have a very close relationship with WA, based on distribution.

Re Samplitude, I spent weeks poring over the Samplitude forums several years ago trying to figure out if I want to buy it (Kraznet is the man!). They were filled with people complaining that major stability bugs haven't been corrected and Magix keeps putting out new versions with a bit of sparkle but doesn't correct existing issues. Granted, just about every DAW has threads like that, but Samplitude had a lot. Together with the way that they seem to pick up assets past their prime (Vegas, Acid, Soundforge(argument in 3. . .2. . 1)) on the cheap and bury you under spam ($1600 value, yours for $600, best ever sale for $399, secret link for $150), and sell off things that people want (Spectralayers) to turn a quick buck, they seem more like a Bain-type vulture investor with an out of control marketing arm than a software development company. Not trying to start a fight, not much interest in replying, hope this finds everyone well.

Well I gotta say, I thought the 112 db Mikron Bundle upgrade was uncommonly generous,
I had bought half of them at release, and upgrading cost me a whopping $3.

agharta wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:04 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:25 am
agharta wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:04 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:57 pmYou do get Spectral Layers though, even though the sold it to Steinberg. They must still have some deal because I recently bought the 5 Suite which comes with Spectral Layers 6 with a free upgrade to 7.
Great. Is that the full version of SL6 that you can use standalone and is registered via Steinberg? No dongle required I believe!
Yes full standalone license.
Thanks.

There's an offer on today for the following for £87.20 using the code FREEDOM2020:

SOUND FORGE PRO 13
STEINBERG SPECTRALAYERS PRO 6
Celemony Melodyne Essentials
Plus a few iZotope Essentials

I think the 20% code expires today but the main deal at £109 is good until June 1st.
https://shop.magix.com/en_GB/magix/bask ... B0Iq7wJJJq
It would not take the code: FREEDOM2020
At £87.20 or $97 it is a great deal.
or wait for the Amplitude Pro at $250 but may go to $199 by Black Friday but will include
SOUND FORGE PRO 13
STEINBERG SPECTRALAYERS PRO 6 and 7

Wonder what the update from SPECTRALAYERS PRO 6 to V7 will be?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:07 pm It would not take the code: FREEDOM2020
At £87.20 or $97 it is a great deal.
or wait for the Amplitude Pro at $250 but may go to $199 by Black Friday but will include
SOUND FORGE PRO 13
STEINBERG SPECTRALAYERS PRO 6 and 7
I was surprised it worked as it doesn't even work for regular Upgrades but still working for me though in the UK.
It was due to expire today or yesterday.
I usually write down a day earlier to be safe.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”