Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

agharta wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:10 pm
ere2learn wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:42 pm Last 2 days to grab some,end of an era :(
Sample Magic - 70% off everything
https://www.samplemagic.com/
We're closing down our website soon, as we are now amalgamating further into the Splice
family.
To thank you all we've got 70% off everything on our site until the end of May! Don't miss out.
Just went for a quick last minute purchase and the site is already shut-down.
Maybe they are 1 hour ahead of me as still the 31st here.
I don't usually leaves things last minute but with Splice having their stuff it's a non issue.
This is a heads-up for anyone else.
I got the same nasty surprise. Didn't have a chance to purchase anything until today and this evening when I finally sat down, it was already too late. Dammit!

geez, is it even worth mentioning Dirk's latest trainwreck?
wow. what a douche. I'm definitely not spending any more money with that company.

sqigls wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:59 pm geez, is it even worth mentioning Dirk's latest trainwreck?
wow. what a douche. I'm definitely not spending any more money with that company.
He sent a follow up email tbf to him, obviously trying to remove a very large Dr Scholl from his mouth.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

sqigls wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:59 pm geez, is it even worth mentioning Dirk's latest trainwreck?
Someone from aus complaining about racial insensitivity, lol.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... ands-iron/
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

I thought it was well intentioned but for someone who afaik has been based in the US for a while he comes across as having been living under a rock. Maybe he spends so much time cooking up gamechanging monetization schemes he hasn't gotten a chance to look out the window in the past decade.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Reminds me of the time my dad moved from Aberystwyth to a village near Waterford, I made the mistake of mentioning it on a forum as "he just moved to Southern Ireland", which I honestly meant as a reference to the South of Eire, not knowing about how loaded that phrase is to some ears, but let's just say I wasn't left in much doubt about how my slip went down.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:43 am "he just moved to Southern Ireland"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THZV5g1CNZM
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Kypresso wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:01 am
Someone from aus complaining about racial insensitivity, lol.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... ands-iron/
What?

How dare you project that at me.
I'm aboriginal you fool.

And the fact you're implying the shared intent or attitude of a whole country, regarding racial insensitivity.
Man, the cognitive diss in YOUR head. Get off the internet.

BESIDES i never implied anything racial. I was referring to yet ANOTHER change in their business model. I feel sorry for the companies associated with him.

If you mean the U.S. situatipn its not a trainwreck but I'm tired of these overreactions. The slightest difference in use of words can set off an fire. Its literally a minefield if a famous person or a company wants to adress a current topic. One word and Boom. People are so easily triggered in that regard. His intentions we're clear in the first mail, its ridiculous a follow up is needed because some people get offended so quickly.

Regarding the ''change'' in business, there is none. Its just a new subscription but they were already there.

Take it to the HPC, please. :borg:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

again, i wasn't referring to RACE or ANYTHING OF THE SORT

you know what I'M tired of?
People reading into shit and putting their own preconceptions into everything.
Building and throwing strawmen all over the show.

Stripping context out of life.
Keyboard warriors.
Jumping to the aid of every cause, without even understanding the issue.
'Well intentioned' people who don't do a speck of their own research nor introspection.
Last edited by sqigls on Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

mgw38 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:15 am Take it to the HPC, please. :borg:
What's HPC? Is it like thunderdome?

sqigls wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:32 am you know what I'M tired of?
People reading into shit and putting their own preconceptions into everything.
Building and throwing strawmen all over the show.

Stripping context out of life.
Keyboard warriors.
Jumping to the aid of every cause, without even understanding the issue.
'Well intentioned' people who don't do a speck of their own research nor introspection.
That is actually a very valid point. And to be perfectly honest, I thought exactly the same when I read his elaborate posts, which have absolutely nothing to do with his business and just prove he has no clue what he is talking about.

But still, this is the bargain thread.... :wink: :hug:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

yes, i should have posted elsewhere sorry

for the record, i didn't even read the second email properly, so the racial context was not even in my mind. I just saw yet another email failure correction and compounded with this subscription stuff, mass support email deletion, the many ignored support emails, the voucher system nerfing... it goes on, he just seems like a total twat to me. They have many great developers on board, but i just don't wanna give him any more of my money.

Here's my PA May $50 monthly voucher. First come first served. I'm not going to use it.

2020-05-50J3TH58V7

Only a bit of time left. Act fast.

R

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”