Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

autodafe wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:07 pm
dlt123 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:37 pm Anyone have a free copy of Ableton Live 10 Lite along with the serial number, they are willing to give away or sell cheap? I will eventually get a copy when my new Arturia Keylab MK2 keyboard arrives,
I just discovered I have 3 Live 10 lite licenses sitting in my account. If you want one, I can give it to you for free, we just need to arrange for a License transfer (can't remember how it works but there's a "transfer license" button).
If in exchange you'd want to make any donation to any charity you like, that would be super-cool.
PM me
maybe OP can donate to a COVID related food bank.

one thing to keep in mind during this pandemic. not all people from all income levels are experiencing the pandemic equally. you do not want to be a poor person who does not have the luxury of working a white collar job and working remotely to be locked in your home not being able to make any income for 2 months.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:54 pm
dlt123 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:37 pm Anyone have a free copy of Ableton Live 10 Lite along with the serial number, they are willing to give away or sell cheap? I will eventually get a copy when my new Arturia Keylab MK2 keyboard arrives,
I just discovered I have 3 Live 10 lite licenses sitting in my account. If you want one, I can give it to you for free, we just need to arrange for a License transfer (can't remember how it works but there's a "transfer license" button).
If in exchange you'd want to make any donation to any charity you like, that would be super-cool.
PM me

one thing to keep in mind during this pandemic. not all people from all income levels are experiencing the pandemic equally. you do not want to be a poor person who does not have the luxury of working a white collar job and working remotely to be locked in your home not being able to make any income for 2 months.
Does your country not have unemployment services? Over here in the US there is and an additional 600 dollars on top of that weekly. To the point several places are having trouble getting their employees to come back to work as they are making more on unemployment than they were working haha.

Food banks and charities are a really nice thought though in general.

PM me
Thanks, autodafe ... I think I will take sprnva's suggestion and just download the trial version of 10 for 90 days. Hopefully, by then, my keyboard will arrive.

I should have thought of this sooner. But thanks for being so kind as to offer your's to me...
Coronal Winds Radio - Tune In!
Remember, what you believe doesn't rewrite reality.

VitaminD wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:00 pm
telecode wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:54 pm
PM me

Does your country not have unemployment services? Over here in the US there is and an additional 600 dollars on top of that weekly. To the point several places are having trouble getting their employees to come back to work as they are making more on unemployment than they were working haha.

Food banks and charities are a really nice thought though in general.
yes, i believe we do. and i am sure its about as well mismanaged and ineptly run as most other government run organizations. given that all government employees are working remote and supposedly not allowed to go to work, makes one wonder how are they actually implementing this assistance.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

The upgrade from Melodyne Assistant 4 to 5 is $49 or thereabouts now, but is that price permanent or some sort of intro offer? Asking because it says "$71.00 $43.59" at Everyplugin.

telecode wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:34 pm Yes, i believe we do. and i am sure its about as well mismanaged and ineptly run as most other government run organizations. given that all government employees are working remote and supposedly not allowed to go to work, makes one wonder how are they actually implementing this assistance.
I work for an English council and myself and a colleague wrote code over a few days (from our respective homes) that lets sheltering and vulnerable people request emergency food/supplies/medicine parcels and passes it on to the relevant aid stations, introduces SLAs and escalates where necessary, provides summary and detailed reports etc. The council provided the depot and drivers initially, but it's now run out of a large local church through a number of third party aid agencies and local charities. So it's possible to do it.

Our IT department has been as busy as never, not least because we suddenly had to go from supporting a few hundred home workers to a few thousand with pretty much the same servers and kit. It's been 'fun'.
Last edited by WatchTheGuitar on Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

VitaminD wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:00 pm haha

So feckless, right?
:roll:
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:32 am Our IT department has been as busy as never, not least because we suddenly had to go from supporting a few hundred home workers to a few thousand with pretty much the same servers and kit. It's been 'fun'.
I work for Gov IT Agency in Malaysia servicing COVID related IT system and infra during this COVID time. I can say the workload is crazy but like you said, 'fun'.
Han

timbit2006 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:55 am
D.Wako wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:33 am
timbit2006 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:23 pm https://www.oriental-sounds.net/products-strings.html
150 until june 5th
Does anyone have any thoughts on these? I've heard them in a few compositions now. No keyswitch articulations so you'll have to do it the old way, that's the major downside I'm seeing right now. It seems that there's legitimately only 4 or 5 "arabic" or "oriental" strings libraries out there that have this sound.

They also have a free 970mb multisample string library on their site, worth getting just that for sure.
Ordered the free strings this morning and my order is still pending...
check the download tab on that same page. It might be under more info.
I did some research on the company, it is from Algeria and the owner Keddari Riadh is pretty active on facebook and posts compositions using these strings often so I think it may be safe to order, if not of course there's paypal protection. I may contact him about the messiness of the website, I've currently just sent an e-mail asking about the deal end time zone.
The free strings have already found a place in two songs of mine already. I can somewhat emulate this sound using my current libraries and some VST magic but this is much better and easier
The order finally went true. And i can say this is a very generous freebee. The sounds is pretty much spot on as far as i can tell and the violins has real legatos. The free version alone is very convincing. Can only imagine what the whole package has to offer. Nice find. :)
What ever!

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:32 am
telecode wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:34 pm Yes, i believe we do. and i am sure its about as well mismanaged and ineptly run as most other government run organizations. given that all government employees are working remote and supposedly not allowed to go to work, makes one wonder how are they actually implementing this assistance.
I work for an English council and myself and a colleague wrote code over a few days (from our respective homes) that lets sheltering and vulnerable people request emergency food/supplies/medicine parcels and passes it on to the relevant aid stations, introduces SLAs and escalates where necessary, provides summary and detailed reports etc. The council provided the depot and drivers initially, but it's now run out of a large local church through a number of third party aid agencies and local charities. So it's possible to do it.

Our IT department has been as busy as never, not least because we suddenly had to go from supporting a few hundred home workers to a few thousand with pretty much the same servers and kit. It's been 'fun'.
Yeah. Well I am in Toronto and work on cloud computing. I can work from home. I have gone into the city 3 or 4 times since the locked down.

All I can tell you is, the homeless situation is getting bad. Basically, when the crazy over crowded metropolitan city of Toronto is locked down and the crazy crowds of millennials, trendy faukers and rich faukers are hiding at home, the poor and homeless are really visible in the city. They are on every corner asking for change. You see, when you lockdown a population in their homes, it's kind of hard to lock down homeless people because, well, they don't have a home to hide from the COVID virus.

The other nasty thing that has cropped up is, the burbs here are packed with Indian people that rent out rooms to young Indian men that are here on very questionable student or employment status who have no idea about their rights or even if they have any rights as renters of a room in a burb. And, take guess what a lot for those renters did to the young Indian guys when they got scared about getting COVID?

What this pandemic is showing is that there is a huge dark underbelly of inequality between people in this big happy globalized multicultural world. Lets hope that this kick starts a change of some sort by younger future generations of smart people. I am too old and have no idea how fix it.

ChamomileShark wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:17 pm this is odd, from the No Chat thread
Ceej wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:25 am UVI's "Synth Legacy" - 50 sampled/programmed vintage analog and digital synths for UVI Workstation or Falcon - $4.99!

Some of this content ended up in UVI's Synth Anthology, I believe, although I don't know that for sure.

Important note: Physical product, has to be shipped. Free shipping in the US, no idea about elsewhere.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-aud ... nth-legacy
When I click on it I get a Korg Triton page. When I search for UVI, I get the same page. Maybe it's because I'm in the UK?
Musicianfriend online store is the buggiest store I've ever visited. I tried to buy something yesterday and it didn't and it doesn't work when i try to buy this deal. Tried 2 different browser and it just won't work. Anyone managed to buy this from Canada?
What ever!

telecode wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:38 am What this pandemic is showing is that there is a huge dark underbelly of inequality between people in this big happy globalized multicultural world.
To borrow from Burroughs, I think everyone knows deep down what's on the end of their fork, they just don't normally have to look at it or think about it too much.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

revvy wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:39 am

So feckless, right?
Well... if you were working a low end, unskilled job, that you could likely pickup again at any time, and you were laid off your job for a few months yet given more money than you were while working wouldn't you consider the options? Esp considering at home you won't have to deal with a pandemic virus so much versus many opportunities to catch it while interacting with others at work.

D.Wako wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:33 am
timbit2006 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:55 am
D.Wako wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:33 am
timbit2006 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:23 pm https://www.oriental-sounds.net/products-strings.html
150 until june 5th
Does anyone have any thoughts on these? I've heard them in a few compositions now. No keyswitch articulations so you'll have to do it the old way, that's the major downside I'm seeing right now. It seems that there's legitimately only 4 or 5 "arabic" or "oriental" strings libraries out there that have this sound.

They also have a free 970mb multisample string library on their site, worth getting just that for sure.
Ordered the free strings this morning and my order is still pending...
check the download tab on that same page. It might be under more info.
I did some research on the company, it is from Algeria and the owner Keddari Riadh is pretty active on facebook and posts compositions using these strings often so I think it may be safe to order, if not of course there's paypal protection. I may contact him about the messiness of the website, I've currently just sent an e-mail asking about the deal end time zone.
The free strings have already found a place in two songs of mine already. I can somewhat emulate this sound using my current libraries and some VST magic but this is much better and easier
The order finally went true. And i can say this is a very generous freebee. The sounds is pretty much spot on as far as i can tell and the violins has real legatos. The free version alone is very convincing. Can only imagine what the whole package has to offer. Nice find. :)
Yeah I was very surprised as well, I'm going to try out the free grand piano on there as well. I ended up getting the full bundle, I like the other sounds a lot but you would be just fine with the free library if you can't justify paying 300 for it. I've noticed it blends almost perfectly with the Kirk Hunter Diamond library, they both have that 80s epic but sensual cinematic feeling to them. Unfortunately the sale is over now though, I actually managed to buy it slightly after it ended because I had contacted their e-mail earlier asking for clarification on the checkout process and I also mentioned to him that 3 or 4 people at least thought the website seemed a bit buggy and strange.

I've actually been thinking of getting the Aviram strings as well, they have a very different characteristic to them compared to the Oriental Sounds library and I have a few compositions where I'm already hearing them in it.

So how come nobody has mentioned the crazy PRESUMMER(thats the code) sale on Sampletekk? 90% off anything. It ends June 7th, I'm getting a few things for sure.

VitaminD wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:43 am
revvy wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:39 am

So feckless, right?
Well... if you were working a low end, unskilled job, that you could likely pickup again at any time, and you were laid off your job for a few months yet given more money than you were while working wouldn't you consider the options? Esp considering at home you won't have to deal with a pandemic virus so much versus many opportunities to catch it while interacting with others at work.
If my post seriously sounded like I was criticizing low paid workers then I should delete it. It clearly - to me - wasn't.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”