Monastery Grand

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

m_king1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:43 am Any tips please on how to get this to work without stuttering/dropouts on a slightly older laptop? The CPU benchmark seems to say I could run 11 instances at once, but even one is struggling. I've tried the obvious tweaks of sample rate and polyphony to no great benefit. Many thanks.
Try increasing preloading in Settings. What exact computer and audio settings do you have btw?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thanks for the quick reply. Rather than take up too much of your time, I suspect I may have found the root cause, which you may be able to validate. Looking in Task Manager whilst playing the VST3i in Reaper 6, the CPU seems to be managing ok but the disk transfer rate is maxing out. It probably shouldn't surprise me that a conventional HDD, somewhat old and fragmented, might struggle loading such detailed samples. I did try increasing the preload as suggested, but with only 4Gb of RAM installed that didn't seem to make a huge difference. I had been thinking of upgrading to a SSD anyway, do you think that's likely to make a big difference?
Many thanks again.

m_king1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:05 pm ...but with only 4Gb of RAM installed that didn't seem to make a huge difference. I had been thinking of upgrading to a SSD anyway, do you think that's likely to make a big difference?
YES!!! 1000 times YES! Only, you'll be kicking yourself because you haven't switched to an SSD sooner. SSD's have extended the life of my DAW PCs way beyond where they should be. I'm still getting by on an i3 CPU!

That, and RAM is easy/cheap to upgrade -- unless you're still on a 32b OS. :D

+1 You'll be amazed what a difference it makes.

The piano is very beautiful and very versatile in its range of sounds.
I like the interface and the sound editing options are well setup.
I haven’t found the player version of the plugin anywhere and was only able to install the demo of the full version, that’s the only one I can find in the installer.

MSoundFactoryPlayer...you get it simply by letting MSoundFactory trial expire.
From the MSoundFactoryLE page (lower right): https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSoundFactoryLE

What a fantastic and generous release. Thank you, Melda Productions!

m_king1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:43 am Any tips please on how to get this to work without stuttering/dropouts on a slightly older laptop? The CPU benchmark seems to say I could run 11 instances at once, but even one is struggling. I've tried the obvious tweaks of sample rate and polyphony to no great benefit. Many thanks.
it has to do with memory... it takes a lot of memory... make the preload of samples (in settings) bigger, but don't forget windows/mac OS usage, DAW usage, etc.
on 32gb rig, it isn't a problem, 16gb will also be doable i think.

It's free, but I can't recommend this for serious players unless they fix the warts. I've just played it a little and noticed this for starters: C6 volume drops off too suddenly if you play it and hold it for a few seconds, adjacent notes don't do this. Volume on some notes is inconsistent - E5 is much louder than adjacent notes when played at the same velocity. I assume if I kept on looking for things I'd probably find a lot more similar problems. Too bad, because the sound is pretty good. Might be good if you're playing rock and don't care about these issues. For free piano vsts, I prefer the full version of Salamander piano.

[quote=mibby post_id=7817643 time=1593532013 user_id=382346]
[quote]MSoundFactoryPlayer...you get it simply by letting MSoundFactory trial expire.[/quote]

From the MSoundFactoryLE page (lower right): https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSoundFactoryLE
[/quote]

Ahh, thanks, that explains it. I didn’t read about letting the trial expire.

Nochops wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:48 pm It's free, but I can't recommend this for serious players unless they fix the warts. I've just played it a little and noticed this for starters: C6 volume drops off too suddenly if you play it and hold it for a few seconds, adjacent notes don't do this. Volume on some notes is inconsistent - E5 is much louder than adjacent notes when played at the same velocity. I assume if I kept on looking for things I'd probably find a lot more similar problems.
Go on and report them. Maybe they can be fixed and the MG will end up in the list of "best free pianos".

Masi

I noticed that the notes don't sound when playing very softly. Then again, I'm lucky my keyboard works after my ham-fisted repairs. Just thought I'd mention it. Piano sounds cool tho. Moody.

Return to “MeldaProduction”