Hyakken is the HY dev !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

ENV1 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:45 pm
hyakken wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:09 pm
Can you try this build for the preset browser?
HY-POLY v1.0.43 VST2/32bit
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OCvFFJ ... sp=sharing

I can't reproduce this thing, so I'm not sure I could fix it.

Tadashi
Tried it and unfortunately no change with regard to the browser. :(

However, something else has changed. With this latest build, when the synth is instanciated, and a note is played, (init preset), the right channel generates a 29.54dB DC. When i switch to a different preset, 1 of 3 things can happen:

1 - The synth plays normally (extremely rare, maybe 1% of the cases)
2 - The synth plays normally during note-on, but generates a 29.54dB DC on both channels on note-off
3 - The synth generates a 29.54dB DC on both channels immediately (majority of the cases)

Sometimes the overload will reset upon switching to the next preset, but most of the times not.

So whatever youve changed this time didnt work out. Personally, since you cant reproduce the issue, i would just go back to the previous build and not worry about the browser, (unless of course others have the problem too), because direct selection is still possible via rightclicking the preset name and using the dropdown menu.

Thanks for your work, and sorry for the bad news.

Rightclick image and select View Image for full size.
hypoly.gif
I will test this thing bit more.

Tadashi

tapiodmitriyevich wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:30 am
hyakken wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:45 pmSo maybe the portamento behavior of HY-POLY is fine?
I don't know, no expert here. I checked VPS Avenger, it has different modes "Off/Legato/POLY/Poly Legato". Only in the Poly mode it makes a full portamento like Hy-Poly does.
Legato: This makes the sound monophone. When notes overlap (old and new notes)
the sound will glide smoothly to the new note (at the speed set by „time“).
o Poly: The sound will glide this time polyphone. This has the disadvantage that every
note (apart from doubly played notes) glides, for instance in a chord.
o Poly legato: This is a mixture of both modes. A simultaneously pressed chord will not
glide, every additional note played after however will be.
o Split zone: Some modes (poly und poly legato) have the possibility to define a note
from which the portamento is active. All notes below this note will not be glided and
also no effect on higher glided notes. This allows you for for instance to play bass
notes and a lead voice. Only the lead voice glides, the bass doesn’t.
Thank you for this information.
Polyphonic glide looks nice.

Tadashi

acousticglue wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:51 pm I still need Hy-Dev to have turn off control for LFO section in HyDelay4
I added a power button to each modulation source unit.
Please check this.
https://hy-plugins.com/plugin-update-5/#more-5266

Tadashi

Thank you sir very much!!

Opening the free version of HY-POLY (32bit) crashes energyXT3
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Hey guys! Hy-Poly for One-Synth-Challenge July!

viewtopic.php?p=7818688#p7818688

:band2:

Hy-Poly's pitch bend range settings don't do anything. Its on 12 no matter how its set....

Thanks for the new Scale2 module in SeqCollection2

Just yesterday I started translating some of the scales from Ableton's Scale plugin to Scaler.
Only now installing the new version did I notice there are folders of presets for all the internal modules!!

Feature Request 1:
We need to manually setup where each of the presets folders are within the plugin.
Could this be fixed so the plugin looks in its root folder by default for example?

Feature request 2:

Would it be possible for each of the Modulator Units to have a level controllable input from one of the other modulators to frequency modulate the LFO to create complex waveforms. So the Modulations Units would have assignable inputs e.g just as Velocity, Gate, P-shift etc have these.

Or perhaps instead a new Modulation Unit that Has 4 LFOs that can be combined using various logic algos e.g. NAND / AND / NOR / OR / X(N)OR / NOT etc
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Halonmusic wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:03 pm Opening the free version of HY-POLY (32bit) crashes energyXT3
Please try the latest version(1.07).
32bit version will work fine now.

Tadashi
Last edited by hyakken on Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:49 pm Hy-Poly's pitch bend range settings don't do anything. Its on 12 no matter how its set....
I will fix it.

Tadashi

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:10 pm Thanks for the new Scale2 module in SeqCollection2

Just yesterday I started translating some of the scales from Ableton's Scale plugin to Scaler.
Only now installing the new version did I notice there are folders of presets for all the internal modules!!

Feature Request 1:
We need to manually setup where each of the presets folders are within the plugin.
Could this be fixed so the plugin looks in its root folder by default for example?

Feature request 2:

Would it be possible for each of the Modulator Units to have a level controllable input from one of the other modulators to frequency modulate the LFO to create complex waveforms. So the Modulations Units would have assignable inputs e.g just as Velocity, Gate, P-shift etc have these.

Or perhaps instead a new Modulation Unit that Has 4 LFOs that can be combined using various logic algos e.g. NAND / AND / NOR / OR / X(N)OR / NOT etc
You can set the preset folder location per midi fx unit.
Midi FX menu button > "Set preset folder ".

about Feature request 2:
Unfortunately you can't modulate the parameters of modulator unit.
Maybe for version3 of SeqCollection

Tadashi

Thank you so much for the update!
is it possible to have Host Automation parameters also for the 12 note keys of the Scale2 ? :oops:

yellukhan wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:08 pm Thank you so much for the update!
is it possible to have Host Automation parameters also for the 12 note keys of the Scale2 ? :oops:
Unfortunately you can't control those key buttons via host automation.
I will check it can be changed or not.

Tadashi

Just a quick note: HY-RPE free version is not working in Mac Catalina/Logic 10.5.1. It validates but Logic thinks it's "damaged". I've tried deleting and reinstalling the latest version but it doesn't work.

SeqCollection2 had this problem but the newer release fixed it.

hyakken wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:31 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:03 pm Opening the free version of HY-POLY (32bit) crashes energyXT3
Please try the latest version(1.07).
32bit version will work fine now.

Tadashi
It works now thank you! :)

Great synth! :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Effects”