Helix Native or ampliTube 4

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 4 Axiom Helix Native

Robmobius wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:21 am
SLiC wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:04 am
Robmobius wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:58 am Neural DSP hands down.
Which is not Helix Native or AmpliTube 4!
Really? Why not try a potato then?
There are 100's of threads on KVR where you can say what amp sim 'you' prefer, this one is specifically comparing Helix Native to AmpliTube 4...that all, nice to stay on topic.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:26 am nice to stay on topic.
Be 'nice' to have a million quid too.

Of course, here on KVR nothing ever goes off topic. And people never ever recommend other products, beyond a binary choice. You complete and utter cretin. :lol:

Mercuriall Audio are another good bunch to check out too - Aimed at the original poster, and not that schmuck baby 'SLiC'.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

And people never ever recommend other products, beyond a binary choice. You complete and utter cretin.
BWAHAHAHA......I just peed myself a bit....LMFAO!! :D :D :D

This is a near perfect KVR Thread! :lol:
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

CapnLockheed wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:14 pmBut that's just my OPINION. There's no such thing as a "best" amp, guitar or ampsim. It's ALL just a matter of personal taste.
I’ve got no dog in this fight (I’m a Kemper guy these days) but I was an Amplitube guy for a long time, but that was a while ago. I did try Helix Native a while ago, and while I didn’t do a side by side, but I wasn’t overly impressed by Helix. Line6 has a sound to me that I just don’t really like. It’s why I got rid of my POD500, though I do miss the synth models.

That said, I was wandering around YouTube listening to tape delay emulation pedals (I’m considering a Volante) and I stumbled upon a demo of the Headrush hardware amp modeler and I thought it sounded great. Really chimey. It led to a blind shoot out of modelers and one of them was the Helix. At one point I thought to myself, “whatever that just was, I should get it so I have a modeler and not just a profiler.” It was the Helix. :lol:

The truth is, everything’s pretty good these days and you should just make your choice based on your gut feeling about the sound.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I got the ik total studio max bundle recently, with all of amplitube 4. I demoed helix a while and decided against it. I have a bunch of other amp sims plus an eleven rack. I've been using amplitube 4 on tracks where the other guitarist is using an amazing boutique valve amp, and the tones match surprisingly well. I particularly love the Jimi Hendrix marshall sounds.

I really love the amplitube interface for tweaking. Better than helix imo

Amplitube MAX is now $99 if that will change anyone's mind.

Great price - IK have been smashing their prices lately, I suspect a new ‘Max’ is imminent (as the current Max has only about half of the stuff it shows you available without further purchases...but that is still a lot of stuff if you can put up with the ‘shop window’ browser)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Helix - no question.

SLiC wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:27 am I suspect a new ‘Max’ is imminent
From your lips to God's ears.

I upgraded to Total Studio 2 Max the week it came out; it's been a long wait.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

AaronBalakay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:32 am Helix - no question.
Both no question :D

The problem with Helix Native is CPU usage. I am using software VSTs in a live setting through GigPerformer and Helix Native can use 15-20% CPU. Depending on the other VST/Kontakt instruments I am using at the same time, I use Amplitube SVX 2 for bass guitar amp sounds. The problem is Amplitube doesn't have an Aguilar DB751 model for bass tones =/
My Setup: Rosce LG3005 & Yamaha CP4 - Komplete Audio 6 Mk2 - Dell XPS15 - GigPerformer - Komplete 12 - Behringer XR18

kovacs wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:10 am Amplitube has a lot of packages and models, excellent sound (as long as you have a good, strong signal into your computer).
One thing I noticed when I first stared using Amplitube was that they modeled how the input stage of an amp reacts to the incoming signal. Weak signal, weak sound. Get a good healthy signal into it and adjust the input gain to taste, and you can really get it sounding pretty good.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:15 am
kovacs wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:10 am Amplitube has a lot of packages and models, excellent sound (as long as you have a good, strong signal into your computer).
One thing I noticed when I first stared using Amplitube was that they modeled how the input stage of an amp reacts to the incoming signal. Weak signal, weak sound. Get a good healthy signal into it and adjust the input gain to taste, and you can really get it sounding pretty good.
yes exactly this. you get very different results when you play around with input setting in AT. i started using a DI before the interface which allowed me to adjust -20, 0, and +20 db in input signal. it added a new dimension to what AT 4 can do.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Return to “Guitars”