Stutter Edit 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having fun with it. To me the biggest difference is that with SE1 I usually played around much more with the presets, but with SE2 I usually clear them within minutes and rather draw up my own effect chains. I like it better when used subtly. Also I agree, the 2 bar limitation is too short. I suppose the latch function helps a little, you have up to 2 bars to build the effect up and then hold it as long as you wish.

it has really a 2 bar limitation?? Good to know, so I don't loose time for testing it. I don't understand such limitations, Glitch Music like IDM is evolving and in 2020 I don't build "fiddly chains" again like I can do equal in the DAW ..

clipnotic wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:15 pm it has really a 2 bar limitation?? Good to know, so I don't loose time for testing it. I don't understand such limitations, Glitch Music like IDM is evolving and in 2020 I don't build "fiddly chains" again like I can do equal in the DAW ..
Depends on the DAW. I use Cubase and moving a midi clip that triggers SE is easier/more flexible than moving all the anchors from different automation tracks :bang: Sometimes i'm a bit envious on FL Studio users with their automation clips :cry:

But I have found some lazy workarounds for that, like SE, Sugar Bytes stuff and SnapHeap from Kilohearts, which I'm using the most lately ... making "fiddly chains" with SnapHeap is a joy :love: ... although there is no stutter module available. The timelines have to be done with the macro knobs and your midi editor ... works great :tu:

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:25 pm
audiot wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:03 pmLet me know if the resizing works.
Just tested - I get the same results as you in Cubase 10.5.2, it forgets the resize when the project re-launches.
Same on both my older versions of cubase. Not a major issue for me. The upsides far outweigh this bug or any other issues I’ve had (which are very few). It’s like the perfect melding of SE1 and Artillery.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

audiot wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:11 pm so i did the upgrade just for the rezisable UI
How often do you use SE that only a resisable UI is worth 79 dollars :hihi:

Dark Fiber wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:40 am
audiot wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:11 pm so i did the upgrade just for the rezisable UI
That statement was a bit exxagerated :wink: The additional features/workflow are also cool. If you are a laptop producer, then SE1 might be fine in terms of UI size, but if you have some equipment on your desk and a larger distance to your screens then UI size matters! :uhuhuh: If you have to bend over your equipment to see the controls theres something wrong with the UI (that statement was also a bit exxagerated :wink: ). And I use SE2 a lot lately ... not daily but more often than SE1 :)

audiot wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:12 am
That statement was a bit exxagerated :wink: The additional features/workflow are also cool. If you are a laptop producer, then SE1 might be fine in terms of UI size, but if you have some equipment on your desk and a larger distance to your screens then UI size matters! :uhuhuh: If you have to bend over your equipment to see the controls theres something wrong with the UI (that statement was also a bit exxagerated :wink: ). And I use SE2 a lot lately ... not daily but more often than SE1 :)
Cool! If you have some tracks ready and available on the internet i'm curious to hear this plugin in action :tu:

Dark Fiber wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:21 am
audiot wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:12 am
Cool! If you have some tracks ready and available on the internet i'm curious to hear this plugin in action :tu:
There was a time when i thougt about establishing a connection between my kvr avatar and my soundcloud site/real life ... but i just post to much nonsense here (and i love it) :hihi: Maybe I'll pm you a clip when the current track is done, but there's also a demo version available.

Kinh wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:00 pm iz dis shit any good?
Good question!
Anybody has an answer?

Is there a global resize option? Just bought it, but every new instance i have to resize manually. Unless i am doing something wrong.
rsp
sound sculptist

I see PluginBoutique sent me an offer to crossgrade from any Elements to SE2 for $49, bit of a smack in the face to anybody who paid $79 to upgrade when you can now crossgrade an irrelevant product for $30 less so soon after release

Probably not long until it's $25 or in a bundle for $49 I guess I can wait until then to upgrade

Digivolt wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:39 pm I see PluginBoutique sent me an offer to crossgrade from any Elements to SE2 for $49, bit of a smack in the face to anybody who paid $79 to upgrade when you can now crossgrade an irrelevant product for $30 less so soon after release

Probably not long until it's $25 or in a bundle for $49 I guess I can wait until then to upgrade
Say what?!

I have more or less EVERYTHING from iZotope, except RX 7 Advanced. I also have various Elements licenses received from PB, but I haven't received a better offer than (initially) $79...
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

The email came from PluginBoutique not izotope. You may want to look at my post above.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:34 pm The email came from PluginBoutique not izotope. You may want to look at my post above.
rsp
That's why I also wrote that I have various Elements licenses (RX 7 Elements, Neutron 3 Elements, Nectar Elements, Ozone 8 Elements, Neutron Elements) received from PB (PluginBoutique). But I haven't received an email from them.

Which post from you are you referring to btw?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Ahh my bad......

this post
viewtopic.php?p=7851003#p7851003

I don't think I have bought any iz stuff from PB before btw, I get specials from them weekly if not daily sometimes.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”