Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you own every FabFilter plugins including Saturn (the original version), the upgrade price to Saturn 2 is $40.42 USD during the sale (73.75% off instead of the usual 65% off for the upgrade).

volution wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:05 am I want it too but I have zero FabFilter plugins.
This sale looks attractive. Two questions:

Which ones are must‐have?

And: What is the best strategy to purchase FF plugins over, say, the course of a year if I am not able to buyall of it right now?

ralfrobert wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:00 am
volution wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:05 am I want it too but I have zero FabFilter plugins.

And: What is the best strategy to purchase FF plugins over, say, the course of a year if I am not able to buyall of it right now?
It depends what you need. The top 3 for me would be:

1. Pro-Q 3
2. Pro-L 2
3. Pro-C 2

Best prices: The best would be second hand. Keep in mind that the seller needs to purchase a license transfer, and they can only sell a specific order for each transfer. So if someone purchase Pro-Q and Pro-L on the same order, they would need to sell them together. If they purchase 3 plugins with 3 orders, they would need to purchase 3 license transfers and transfer them individually.

Outside of that, FabFilter has a few 25% off sales a year. The more you own, the better the discount for your next plugin. The more you buy at the same time, the better the discount, and you get a better deal with bundles.

If you don’t own any plugins, you can use a “friend” referral link to get 10% off your first order. To get it, someone needs to go into their account and add your email and you will be sent a link that’s good for 60 days. An email can only be sent one referral link from one FabFilter customer.

In addition, if you are a student, you can get 50% off list price.

As for past sales: There was a 40% off sale last year as part of their 15 year anniversary, but they said it was a one time thing. There was another 40% off sale in 2016. Maybe they’ll do something similar for their 20 year anniversary (but that’s just supposition on my part).
Last edited by SolarAxix on Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wow, thanks. I have to say this community is great. Now I am 100 percent informed. I will see as I am quite happy with my full Melda which on the other hand can be overkill. Considering GAS, well, I do not know yet.

SolarAxix wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:38 am
The top 3 for me would be:

1. Pro-Q 3
2. Pro-L 2
3. Pro-C 2
+1. I like how even the order of preference is same as mine. :tu:

I have settled on these 3 as far as FabFilter is concerned. If I had to let go one of these, it would be Pro-C 2. I was initially thinking to get Saturn 2 (fyi, it's 68 EUR right now with above 3 plugins in my account), but I realized it is just too complicated for my needs and I have a decent set of saturation plugins that are easier to use and sound great.

ralfrobert wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:00 am

here as frequency of use:
- Pro-Q3 (by far the most)
- Pro-DS
- Pro-G
- Pro-MB

I use Pro-C2 rarely, timeless and saturn quite often. Pro-L2 vs Elephant 30/70 i guess?

i bought total FX on black friday 40% off sale.

I would have the gate Pro-G over the compressor Pro-C 2 as there are stacks of decent compressors out there including those built into DAWs, but the FabFilter Pro-G gate is the best one I've used because the MIDI input is really handy - I can create a track containing the Kick MIDI and MIDI notes for anything else I want side-chained.

For me my top 5 is

Pro-Q 3
Saturn 2
Pro-G
Pro-L 2
Pro-R

the limiter would be higher up in the list in the past, but I tend to use IK Stealth Limiter more now.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

For me Pro-L 2 is living on my Master, prefer it over Limitless for daily operation (Production, mixing, checking) as its lower on CPU, easy to set up. Streamlined interface.

Pro-C2 gets used occasionally, but easy to set up also.

Saturn 2 just got, did not use Saturn 1 often, but 2 seems more versatile.

Not used Pro-R / Timeless / Pro-Q3 the last months as I have similar tools like TSAR, Valhalla Dely/ReplikaXt/Equilibrium which are the gotos.

I use Q3, L1 and R all the time. C2 occasionally, but that's because I haven't learned how to subtly use a compressor (I like smashing stuff in parallel, I'm the Hulk). MB in the master chain but I haven't been mastering much recently.
Saturn's main use is to prevent me from buying more saturators. The Magic Master preset is magic indeed and I use it every time I master. I want to learn how to use Saturn better.
Timeless and Volcano are too fricking complex for me. I've used presets for "out there" effects but that's it.
Pretty satisfying to talk about myself thank you very much.

where is melda summer sale i have shit to buy :D
dermage wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:49 am
Saturn 2 just got, did not use Saturn 1 often, but 2 seems more versatile.
agree, i use Saturn 2 more than 1 for some reason in mixing context. feels better than 1 :wink:

i do use Saturn 1 as my fundamental drive for live use on bass for about a year now. love it - low weight, multiband, does what it does good and it's stable as a concrete block.
i really hand-pick plugins for live use, wouldn't dare using everything i use when mixing for live as well.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:51 pm We are currently running Brian May's Birthday Celebration promo where AmpliTube Brian May Mac/PC is 50% off and the iOS collection is 48% off.
if it's his birthday, shouldn't IKM actually increase the price so that he gets more royalties?
:clown:

Sorry that we follow the law and charge the appropriate tax (again required by law so it is great that you didn't name the vendor that allows you to evade that) and you find JamPoints (which are not useless to the many many people who use them daily) useless due to your government requiring that we collect taxes.

monomox wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:18 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:51 pm We are currently running Brian May's Birthday Celebration promo where AmpliTube Brian May Mac/PC is 50% off and the iOS collection is 48% off.
if it's his birthday, shouldn't IKM actually increase the price so that he gets more royalties?
:clown:
Nice. I'm sure he's happy with the arrangement and I've heard he's pretty good with the maths (even though his head is in - or actually far above - the clouds as far as his knowledge goes!). :D

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:08 pm Sorry that we follow the law and charge the appropriate tax (again required by law so it is great that you didn't name the vendor that allows you to evade that) and you find JamPoints (which are not useless to the many many people who use them daily) useless due to your government requiring that we collect taxes.
Peter, on a kind of related topic... I'm from Australia and IK charges me in Euros. We have nothing to do over here with the Euro and really we are more tied to USD. There is no option to change the currency is there? Any reason why Australia defaults to Euro?

Does Soundtheory Gullfoss ever go on sale and If so, for how much?
I'm still kicking myself for not buying it at the intro price for 80 euros, but now, 180 is just too much.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”