Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
WatchTheGuitar
KVRAF
2302 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:57 am

I would have the gate Pro-G over the compressor Pro-C 2 as there are stacks of decent compressors out there including those built into DAWs, but the FabFilter Pro-G gate is the best one I've used because the MIDI input is really handy - I can create a track containing the Kick MIDI and MIDI notes for anything else I want side-chained.

For me my top 5 is

Pro-Q 3
Saturn 2
Pro-G
Pro-L 2
Pro-R

the limiter would be higher up in the list in the past, but I tend to use IK Stealth Limiter more now.

dermage
KVRian
684 posts since 23 May, 2016

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:49 am

For me Pro-L 2 is living on my Master, prefer it over Limitless for daily operation (Production, mixing, checking) as its lower on CPU, easy to set up. Streamlined interface.

Pro-C2 gets used occasionally, but easy to set up also.

Saturn 2 just got, did not use Saturn 1 often, but 2 seems more versatile.

Not used Pro-R / Timeless / Pro-Q3 the last months as I have similar tools like TSAR, Valhalla Dely/ReplikaXt/Equilibrium which are the gotos.

monomox
KVRist
402 posts since 27 Nov, 2017 from CO, USA

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:42 am

I use Q3, L1 and R all the time. C2 occasionally, but that's because I haven't learned how to subtly use a compressor (I like smashing stuff in parallel, I'm the Hulk). MB in the master chain but I haven't been mastering much recently.
Saturn's main use is to prevent me from buying more saturators. The Magic Master preset is magic indeed and I use it every time I master. I want to learn how to use Saturn better.
Timeless and Volcano are too fricking complex for me. I've used presets for "out there" effects but that's it.
Pretty satisfying to talk about myself thank you very much.

Ploki
KVRAF
2490 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:30 am

where is melda summer sale i have shit to buy :D
dermage wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:49 am

Saturn 2 just got, did not use Saturn 1 often, but 2 seems more versatile.
agree, i use Saturn 2 more than 1 for some reason in mixing context. feels better than 1 :wink:

i do use Saturn 1 as my fundamental drive for live use on bass for about a year now. love it - low weight, multiband, does what it does good and it's stable as a concrete block.
i really hand-pick plugins for live use, wouldn't dare using everything i use when mixing for live as well.

monomox
KVRist
402 posts since 27 Nov, 2017 from CO, USA

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:18 pm

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:51 pm
We are currently running Brian May's Birthday Celebration promo where AmpliTube Brian May Mac/PC is 50% off and the iOS collection is 48% off.
if it's his birthday, shouldn't IKM actually increase the price so that he gets more royalties?
:clown:

Harry_HH
KVRAF
4260 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:48 pm

No, the royalties are calculated from the sales, which will be lower in higher prices.
BTW, once again the jampoints showed useless:
with the full - 30 % jammies off the offer price in the IK store, after the currency and VAT, the price, the vendor net price was about 10 % lower (vendor: price in dollars, no VAT, plus earned bucks).

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
7023 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:08 pm

Sorry that we follow the law and charge the appropriate tax (again required by law so it is great that you didn't name the vendor that allows you to evade that) and you find JamPoints (which are not useless to the many many people who use them daily) useless due to your government requiring that we collect taxes.
EXPOSED (as sounding ******* fantastic!) Tipping over armchairs for over 10 years
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb | AmpliTube Joe Satriani | AmpliTube Brian May

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
7023 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:10 pm

monomox wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:18 pm
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:51 pm
We are currently running Brian May's Birthday Celebration promo where AmpliTube Brian May Mac/PC is 50% off and the iOS collection is 48% off.
if it's his birthday, shouldn't IKM actually increase the price so that he gets more royalties?
:clown:
Nice. I'm sure he's happy with the arrangement and I've heard he's pretty good with the maths (even though his head is in - or actually far above - the clouds as far as his knowledge goes!). :D
EXPOSED (as sounding ******* fantastic!) Tipping over armchairs for over 10 years
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb | AmpliTube Joe Satriani | AmpliTube Brian May

toffo
KVRist
30 posts since 1 Aug, 2016

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:00 pm

Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:08 pm
Sorry that we follow the law and charge the appropriate tax (again required by law so it is great that you didn't name the vendor that allows you to evade that) and you find JamPoints (which are not useless to the many many people who use them daily) useless due to your government requiring that we collect taxes.
Peter, on a kind of related topic... I'm from Australia and IK charges me in Euros. We have nothing to do over here with the Euro and really we are more tied to USD. There is no option to change the currency is there? Any reason why Australia defaults to Euro?

anoise
KVRist
286 posts since 1 Jul, 2009

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:48 pm

Does Soundtheory Gullfoss ever go on sale and If so, for how much?
I'm still kicking myself for not buying it at the intro price for 80 euros, but now, 180 is just too much.

Harry_HH
KVRAF
4260 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:08 pm

Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:08 pm
Well, most European countries charge VAT. And the uselessnes of the jampoints are not only due to the VAT.
There are two other parameters: the vendor charges the same amount in USD as the IK store in euros (+ VAT). In addition to that the vendors that I use have a bonus system, which may reduce the price about 10 % (as in this case).

The vendor I used here is one of the most well known in the music software area.
No secret, as you hinted.

When IK knows the above situation - the VAT is common in Europe - I wonder why IK keep running this widely useless loyal customer system (jampoints)?

There should be a real incentive for the customers, if the IK really will reward the loyal customers. Now the european loyal customer pays MORE that the first time customer outside Europe, who buys from the IK store.
IK is s European company - if you wanted, you could create a loyalty program which reward you European customers, as well.
Will you?

I own most of the IK plugins, this BM as well, therefore I have vote, but I the amount of these useless jampoints just increases in my IK account.

Tomgu
KVRist
237 posts since 8 Sep, 2014

Post Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:07 am

IK could include the VAT in their web site prices for EU customers to have a competitive pricing?

My jampoints are always useless - in the end IK loses the deal.

Also, I have a lot of gear credits, that I’d like to use for upgrading my Total Studio at some point.

toffo
KVRist
30 posts since 1 Aug, 2016

Post Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:30 am

There have been one or two times when my jampoints have given me a lower price than a dealer. But usually not. I think I've used them twice in like 5-6 years.

If a dealer is cheaper, I buy from the dealer. If IK is cheaper, I buy from IK. No biggie. IK don't owe me anything (but I'll take any bonus I can get)!

Calenberger
KVRAF
1705 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Post Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:02 am

All the hassle with IK is not worth it, their plugins are not extraordinary.
Enough competing stuff on the market, often cheaper, most of the time easier to deal with.
Just my conclusion or let's say 2 cent.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, kanntu meine musi hoeren da:
https://sonoryth.bandcamp.com/
Signature Sound

Ploki
KVRAF
2490 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:06 am

Calenberger wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:02 am
All the hassle with IK is not worth it, their plugins are not extraordinary.
Enough competing stuff on the market, often cheaper, most of the time easier to deal with.
Just my conclusion or let's say 2 cent.
agreed, i avoid them

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”