Hive2 feature request thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use the "Lock" feature on parameters a lot. To make it faster, it would be great to lock an entire section at once : osc, env/mod, lfos, matrix slots, fx, shape seq, arp... Most of these sections already have a panel menu (where you have the copy/paste option and a few presets) so maybe you can add this feature in there. What do you think ?

I use the "Lock" feature a lot, too. I like your suggestion how to make it faster. I suggested already in the improvements-thread for all u-he-plugins this suggestion: Performing a mouse click and drag operation to draw a single rectangle around certain knobs to select parameters. When release the leftclick it changes the lock status of these paramters.
And I wish to save and load parameter-locking-settings.

It's a more complex thing than what it sounds like, but yeah, it's been on our radar for a long time.

Urs wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:57 pm It's a more complex thing than what it sounds like
Sounds like the opening line for programming 101, if there ever was one :D
Always Read the Manual!

For me, the lock feature is the best thing about hive - skipping through presets with arp on is sooo fast as it doesn’t reset the trigger. It does take a long time to lock an entire arp section however so thats the only gripe.

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claudedefaren wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:52 am
PieBerger wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:22 am
claudedefaren wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:02 pm Here's a few features I'd love to see!

1. Filter Drive
A feature since v1 day 1, just crank the input knob in the filter section.
I don't believe that's the same thing, that just lowers or raises the input volume going into the filter. Doesn't filter drive typically have some sort of coloration and distortion?
Yes but in Normal or Dirty mode, when you drive the input harmonics/colouration are/is introduced. Filter drive is exactly that, driving (aka increasing) the input level to the filter and the distortion/colour is resultant from the saturation and other non-linearities of the filter circuits that have been modelled. There's not a button for it, if that's what you were getting at, it's always available.

Edit: see p21 of the user manual under Input

"In Normal or Dirty synth engine mode the filter’s input gain not only controls the input volume
(in decibels), but also the amount of non-linear distortion – an important characteristic of real
analogue filters. In Clean mode it simply attenuates or boosts the level"
Always Read the Manual!

AFAIK if a non-linear process (like an analog filter or simulation) has a "drive" control, often (if not always?) what it does is just boost the input level and lower output level.

Is Hive 2 getting an update soon?.

Yorrrrrr wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:21 pm Is Hive 2 getting an update soon?.
Not overly soon. Apart from new filter modes and a few little tweaks, we also have a little backlog of minor niggles which we'll attend to after Uhbik, Bazille and other ongoing projects.

Please add in Hive for "import" instruction import wav file samples as simple values in text format.

Alex_Longard wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:34 pm Please add in Hive for "import" instruction import wav file samples as simple values in text format.
Hehehe, please elaborate...

Hi Urs,
sorry for my error!
For example how i wrote in my C code for export:
samples save as - position, value

Code: Select all

1, -648
2, -673
733, 34952
734, 34911
etc...
I use "signed int" for save values...

For "Export" example as in your uhm parser:

Code: Select all

import "wavefile.wav"
export "sample_values.txt"

I like the Scale Quantizer a lot.
But it would be much more useful if there was an option to lock my current scale/notes. Especially when switching presets it would be so helpful to listen to the momentary scale immediately.
So a global lock function for the whole quantizer, or an option to lock per note (white dotes) on the keyboard would be great. Also there could be a menu with different predefined scales. So in all, just the same options for the quantizer as for the Microtuning. There is still a little space under the PB. :wink:

On the other hand it's distracting when switching presets that there is no indicator that there is any active quantizing going on/or not. Cause most of the time the ModMatrix Window is opened and not the keyboard view. So, an indicator like the "Tun" for the Microtuning (active/inactive) would be a nice addition.

Could you add presets for shape seqeuencer? Both the ability to save them and maybe couple cool pre-made shapes? I think it will be very useful, in that case I would use shape sequencer more.

Return to “u-he”