DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

melodyz
KVRist
383 posts since 29 Mar, 2016

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:25 pm

Hi sir ok heres a new feature request for User 1 mode (akai fire). I dont know about other users but i would rather have holding shift and select roate through the the 8 parameters banks with holding shift and alt together doing the micro adjustment. Or just find a way to get rid of any combos requires holding shift and alt together as its so awkward. Shift and alt together could be reserve for some way out there command or something. Maybe its not possible but holding both those buttons down and trying to do other stuff isnt easy.

But the script is almost there IMO

moss
KVRAF
2257 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:53 pm

melodyz wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:09 am
Sure you know pressing shift plus record enables the red record button and red automation button normally? There is an option under settings to flip between arrangement and clips for recording. I forget what its called, but anyway when enabling that. pressing shift plus record enables the orange overdub button. Next to that button on the left is an orange automation button. If that would also enable when pressing shift plus record then it will work. somewhere in this thread there are screen shots of the buttons . This will make sense as it will now allow us to record automation using the knobs for just each individual clip.
OK, let me explain:
1) Record button toggles Arranger Record
2) Shift+Record toggles Clip Override, I always use this as the "Clip record" since IMHO it is more useful than recording into a clip (Workflow: Use Create clip and then toggle override).
1) and 2) are flipped if you enable the option in the settings

There is currently no support for the Arrange and Clip Automation in the Fire extension since there is no Automation button. The button left of the Record button is the Stop button.
However, I could add that to the STOP button:
Shift+Stop: Toggle Arrange Automation
Alt+Stop: Toggle Clip Automation
What do you think?

moss
KVRAF

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:35 am

joris.roling wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:18 am
I'm happy to report that it seems to work, but it actually opens the browser of the insert "+" before the selected device.
Also selecting the device within a track (Shift -> & Shift <-) seems to select the "+" between the devices.
Pressing 4th & 5th Shift Function "Add device before" & "Add device after" results in a crash with the following console log.
Stupid bugs. Will be fixed in the next update!

moss
KVRAF

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:44 am

melodyz wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:48 pm
RE FIRE SCRPIT - hi sir sorry the fire script is still glitchy. while the drum machine is playing the track - if I use my mouse in bitwig to select a different track which is laoded with adrs sample manager (i use it to select sounds and drop them in to the drum machine) after loading some more samples I use my mouse to select the drum machine track. The select knob will no longer scroll up and down octaves, the mute buttons are not green anymore yet all the parts are playing. pushing the mute buttons doesnt do anything. It doesnt always happen but it does happen daily.
Also one time I was playing around with the channel mode and parts of the drum machine and went back to the mixer mode so I could hold a step down and change the pitch and that wouldnt work.
I am afraid until you can give some clear steps to reproduce the issue I cannot fix it.

monophonK
KVRist
345 posts since 5 Feb, 2004

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:50 am

moss wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:07 pm
DrivenByMoss 10.5.0 is online!
Thank you so much - Vielen Dank Moss :tu:

joris.roling
KVRist
103 posts since 2 Apr, 2017

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:46 am

moss wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:35 am
Stupid bugs. Will be fixed in the next update!
Cheers moss, you’re a king!

D Halgren
KVRer
13 posts since 10 Nov, 2018

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:33 am

Does the script for the Launchpad Pro mk3 sequencer include the micro steps feature?

pc999
KVRian
1355 posts since 19 Aug, 2009

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:10 am

Thanks!

aMUSEd
KVRAF
31633 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:20 am

moss wrote:
[*]New: Improved synchronization of device and Bitwig browser. If the browser is opened in Bitwig, it will open as well on the device (if browsing is supported on the device).
Thanks - which devices support the Bitwig browser?

joris.roling
KVRist

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:42 am

Hi moss,

I realise you must be maintaining a mountain of HW setups, would it help if you’d think of a kind of beta program, so that we could help you out with some of the testing maybe? Just a thought, as I’d like to help you out...

moss
KVRAF

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:02 am

D Halgren wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:33 am
Does the script for the Launchpad Pro mk3 sequencer include the micro steps feature?
There is no note editing for the Launchpads if that's what you mean.

moss
KVRAF

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:03 am

aMUSEd wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:20 am
moss wrote:
[*]New: Improved synchronization of device and Bitwig browser. If the browser is opened in Bitwig, it will open as well on the device (if browsing is supported on the device).
Thanks - which devices support the Bitwig browser?
There is a nice manual included. Open it. Press Ctrl+F. Enter "Browser". :wink:

moss
KVRAF

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:05 am

joris.roling wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:42 am
Hi moss,

I realise you must be maintaining a mountain of HW setups, would it help if you’d think of a kind of beta program, so that we could help you out with some of the testing maybe? Just a thought, as I’d like to help you out...
Thanks for the kind offer! :tu: But coordinating with other people takes just too much time and is something I am not after with this project.

joris.roling
KVRist

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:24 am

moss wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:05 am
joris.roling wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:42 am
Hi moss,

Thanks for the kind offer! :tu: But coordinating with other people takes just too much time and is something I am not after with this project.
Yes, I can understand that. Hope you have some automated testing going on instead.

Thanks moss.

D Halgren
KVRer
13 posts since 10 Nov, 2018

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:35 am

moss wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:02 am
D Halgren wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:33 am
There is no note editing for the Launchpads if that's what you mean.
I guess we are talking about the same thing. In the original version of the sequencer you can split a single note into up to 6 steps for off grid and ratcheting. I looked at the manual on your GitHub and it appears that maybe there is a note repeat that maybe a good alternative? Is that functional on the Launchpad Pro mk3? Sorry for all the questions, I haven't received my Launchpad yet. Just trying to mentally prepare.

Return to “Controller Scripting”