Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Insanelysane wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:31 pm The Black Rooster 'MUSIC_SOLIDARITY' 70% voucher is really tempting, and re our discussion on the ethics of having used a voucher code during their $99 all bundle from Covid this time it is clear that Black Rooster are fine to have their prices devalued so bundles can be had for $38-$75-$125, really a steal for what you get. Now its a question of which one to buy for 'value' and if Im honest can I simply watch the deal pass by and NOT buy anything as I know Ive already amassed enough plugins to have all bases covered.......
Im pretty pissed off that iZotope are tempting too with their Total Balance having dropped to $150, I managed to ignore it at $200, can we all please not discuss it so this passes off the radar too :lol:
i bought the covid bundle.
good plugins, but in the end i only thing i seem to be really using is the pultec.
VLA-2A and 3A and the Blue/Blackash thingies got some use at first, but i just don't reach for them so often any more.
was thinking of selling my stayathome bundle.

First: be aware, you can't sell them. They're all NFR. This was discussed a lot in earlier days, still the same. But the protection is just a single serial, no online activation etc. needed.

Second: Their plugins are great sounding (most were coded by Raimund Dratwa, now Fuse Audio) And their sound is best of class. Meaning the FET, the LA2 especially LA3 you will hardly find that box tone somewhere else. I find them easier to use (because of the good GUI) as TrackComp. Magnetide is a good tape emu, always a good option to go besides Softube, Satin and the heavy IK tapes.
VPre is also great for saturation. and the Ash Comps are special.
The new KH Comp is also very good and up there with the best. Don't let yourself be fooled by the price.
Funny thing, I'm using the pultecs the least, as I got the RuleTec bundle here.

I went with the StayHome bundle and have been using constantly since 3 months (been using the other ones I had already before of course)

Anyone know how much the sale price is for the Eventide Shimmerverb? They're making you login to view it and I'm not about to create an account just to view a sale price.

Thanks!
Kerry

Birchblaze wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:33 pm Anyone know how much the sale price is for the Eventide Shimmerverb? They're making you login to view it and I'm not about to create an account just to view a sale price.

Thanks!
Kerry
$39 intro price, then $99 after

Insanelysane wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:41 pm
Birchblaze wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:33 pm Anyone know how much the sale price is for the Eventide Shimmerverb? They're making you login to view it and I'm not about to create an account just to view a sale price.

Thanks!
Kerry
$99 after? You mean it's regularly $99?

Thanks!
Kerry
If you're asking about Everyplugin, they have it for $32.74

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

My iZotope account shows £114 for Tonal Balance upgrade even though I only have the elements versions of Neutron and Ozone. Worth checking your account.

dermage wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:09 pm First: be aware, you can't sell them. They're all NFR. This was discussed a lot in earlier days, still the same. But the protection is just a single serial, no online activation etc. needed.

Second: Their plugins are great sounding (most were coded by Raimund Dratwa, now Fuse Audio) And their sound is best of class. Meaning the FET, the LA2 especially LA3 you will hardly find that box tone somewhere else. I find them easier to use (because of the good GUI) as TrackComp. Magnetide is a good tape emu, always a good option to go besides Softube, Satin and the heavy IK tapes.
The new KH Comp is also very good and up there with the best. Don't let yourself be fooled by the price.

I went with the StayHome bundle and have been using constantly since 3 months (been using the other ones I had already before of course)
I thought Black Rooster Audio now allow license transfers?
I'm sure I read somewhere that they issue an e-coupon that the buyer uses to add the license to their account.
I'd love to know for sure before buying.

Birchblaze wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:48 pm
Insanelysane wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:41 pm

Thanks!
Kerry
$99 after? You mean it's regularly $99?
"ShimmerVerb for Mac and PC supports VST, AAX, and AU plug-in protocols for compatibility with every DAW and is available at an introductory price of $39 through September 8, 2020 (regular MSRP is $99)"

Yeah and at resellers its $32+

simmo75 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:16 pm
dermage wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:09 pm First: be aware, you can't sell them. They're all NFR. This was discussed a lot in earlier days, still the same. But the protection is just a single serial, no online activation etc. needed.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they issue an e-coupon that the buyer uses to add the license to their account.
I thought it was implied (not that implying holds weight) that the Stay At Home bundle would be NFR. Ive seen a very few BRA licenses floating around second hand, would be good to know if its freely transferable and what the policy is on bundles.

Addition: Ive Googled info on BRA license transfer but there's no clear info. The closest and most recent info is directly from Andre the head of BRA on the FET release page from Gearslutz (April 2020): "I will offer a manual process of license transfer through helpdesk (at) blackroosteraudio.com"
So license transfers definitely a thing now, but will it apply to bundles? Stay at home?

Best would be if you ask him directly. Didn't know it became possible recently. I'll keep them anyway.

Insanelysane wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:40 pm
simmo75 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:16 pm

I thought it was implied (not that implying holds weight) that the Stay At Home bundle would be NFR. Ive seen a very few BRA licenses floating around second hand, would be good to know if its freely transferable and what the policy is on bundles.

Addition: Ive Googled info on BRA license transfer but there's no clear info. The closest and most recent info is directly from Andre the head of BRA on the FET release page from Gearslutz (April 2020): "I will offer a manual process of license transfer through helpdesk (at) blackroosteraudio.com"
So license transfers definitely a thing now, but will it apply to bundles? Stay at home?
They're based in Germany. "Under EU law, copyright in software is ‘exhausted’ when a copy of the software is placed on the EEA [European Economic Area] market by or with the consent of the copyright owner. This includes the grant of certain licences as long as a number of conditions are fulfilled. The licensee may then resell this licence freely within the EEA."

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail ... 7f4b6c8fdb

I asked him today.
He said “on friends yes, commercially only on soecific orders”, and not allowing users to sell free licenses

(although plenty of people were selling magnetite licenses)

I think I changed my mind tho. Should re-explore blue/black ash.
VLA-2A became boring but it think that’s because i find LA-2A boring conceptually.

Ploki wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:47 am

they were prolly selling the codes

Ploki wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:47 am I asked him today.
He said “on friends yes, commercially only on soecific orders”, and not allowing users to sell free licenses

I think I changed my mind tho. Should re-explore blue/black ash.
VLA-2A became boring but it think that’s because i find LA-2A boring conceptually.
So you're only allowed to sell them to "friends"? What does "commercially" mean in this context? (Would he be making sense in German?...)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”