JRR shop info etc

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DanielPL wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:08 pm Thanks for explanation and discount. Does it have any expiration date?
It will last until the end of the month.

Thanks Eric! All the best to your team!!

G

Yepp, all the best to you Eric!

And, if anyone in here is still worried somehow; just shoot him a message, he will respond & offer help in just a millisecond. No problem at all with the good old JRR. :tu:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:47 am
festeringheap wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:23 pm May have to say goodbye to that extra FORUM discount, I guess.
Sucks, but maybe not worth any potential security risks currently.
There was never a security risk. The site crashed from all the traffic over the Studio One 5 launch. When it crashed, the connection to the database was corrupted.
Is Studio One really that popular? :o Or does every DAW update just generate way more hits than can be handled?

re:security risks... E, I had one browser say that it was, but I am not an expert in IT. So, that, plus the slow or non-existent site, lack of timely info from JRR about the situation for over almost a month, and all the noise from all JRR users over the net about hacking, breaches etc etc just made for an uncertain feeling about the safety of using JRR.

Thanks for setting the record straight about what went down, but I believe that most would have thought that a simple explanation on the home page, or any one of your social media channels much earlier in time, could have allayed a lot of the fears about JRRshop.

festeringheap wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:44 pm Is Studio One really that popular? :o Or does every DAW update just generate way more hits than can be handled?
We have an extraordinary relationship with Presonus and have done a number of exclusive promotions with them. Thus, when new versions come out, much of those thousands of previous customers come back to us to upgrade.
re:security risks... E, I had one browser say that it was
That was caused by a botched attempt to put up a maintenance page. Such a simple task yet we completely failed. It was very frustrating.
Thanks for setting the record straight about what went down, but I believe that most would have thought that a simple explanation on the home page, or any one of your social media channels much earlier in time, could have allayed a lot of the fears about JRRshop.
Sure, you're right. I just didn't have the time and also didn't think of it (especially the social media sites, which I rarely use). All I can say is that I was and still am completely focused on fixing the site. Aside from the missing order history and perhaps some odd missing product information, the site should be operating better now than in the previous 22 years. The search is working better now than it has in 8 years. Simultaneously to fixing the current site, we also been working on the new site and are planning to launch it in September.

Uncle E wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:01 pm ...we also been working on the new site and are planning to launch it in September.
That's great! I am looking forward to the 40% off discount site-wide using the code: NewSite :)

Eric, will you be able to restore the order histories for previous users or is that a long-shot/something to forget about?

In either case, good luck with everything surrounding the site!

Just got a message from JRR that they are still uploading the database. My order history was spitting out errors when I tried to access it. Here's hoping it will eventually be restored.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:40 am
husker37 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:33 pm As an IT guy, I see enough red flags here (unexplained downtime, lack of recent backup, no disaster recovery plan) for me to user other resellers.
Yes, that is a fair assessment. I can only say that I have 100% stopped using the IT team that caused it to be as bad as it was.
Good. Any IT group that incompetent should be fired.

Did the discount code stop working on Spectrasonics products? I had it working a week ago but didn't have the cash then. Now, all I am getting is an error code.

I believe so, yeah. they were not supposed to be discounted.
Last edited by gondii on Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Btw... I hope the performance of the site was optimized? Loading was always terribly slow and it was always a very bad user experience. I always had the feeling that the whole site was running on a small home server :hihi:
Also the search function had never really worked... it suggested products that were not displayed (because they were apparently not available in the system)

Can’t access jrr for a couple of days now...

festeringheap wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:50 am Can’t access jrr for a couple of days now...
Just noticed the same...

Hope their ISP didn't burn down...

Return to “Instruments”