Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

peakles wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:22 am I'd like to improve my (so-far poor) keyboard skills. Does anyone have any experience with some of the courses included in the bundle?

Thanks in advance!
Many of the courses are also available on udemy.com, and on there they each have at least a couple of sample videos so you can get an idea of the instructor. I watched a few, and while the content seems reasonable, there is a LOT of very excessive repetition. Like, one ten-minute video going through each of the 7 chords in C major (which is already probably twice as long as it needs to be) -- and then another going through the chords in C# major. And another in D major. And another.. you get the idea. Many of the courses have overlapping material as well.

From what I can tell, the information is correct, and mostly clearly presented, but saying the video runtimes are "padded" would be generous. Now to be fair I'm a reasonably accomplished pianist already (I was more interested in the composition/theory videos), so someone starting really from scratch may get more value. But I do think you'll be tearing your hair out at how slowly you're progressing.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Ceej wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:20 am
peakles wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:22 am I'd like to improve my (so-far poor) keyboard skills. Does anyone have any experience with some of the courses included in the bundle?

Thanks in advance!
Many of the courses are also available on udemy.com, and on there they each have at least a couple of sample videos so you can get an idea of the instructor. I watched a few, and while the content seems reasonable, there is a LOT of very excessive repetition. Like, one ten-minute video going through each of the 7 chords in C major (which is already probably twice as long as it needs to be) -- and then another going through the chords in C# major. And another in D major. And another.. you get the idea. Many of the courses have overlapping material as well.

From what I can tell, the information is correct, and mostly clearly presented, but saying the video runtimes are "padded" would be generous. Now to be fair I'm a reasonably accomplished pianist already (I was more interested in the composition/theory videos), so someone starting really from scratch may get more value. But I do think you'll be tearing your hair out at how slowly you're progressing.
Just adding to this - I'm a full time piano teacher and I can tell you that while from the list of what you would get from the course you might think its very good value and you'll learn a ton, in actual fact the video previews for each part of the course are very poorly done. I wouldn't trust the instructor on this one, seems super basic and frankly lacking. On the altered chords section for example the preview of his altered chords were laughable actually (there were very few, they weren't good examples at all as they didn't have any consideration for voice leading, they were unnecessarily impractical). I just smell with this one that its not worth it. Better go to the very many Youtube free ones on topics of interest and get your info there. Or do a dedicated course from a dedicated instructor (sorry I dont know whos who so cant recommend off the top of my head).

MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:34 pm
jzero wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:16 pm
MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:47 am
jzero wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:50 am https://vintageking.com/steven-slate-drums-5

I just bought it for $53 and change. I think this is 5.0 not 5.5... I will confirm once I install.
Awesome, thanks, please let us know :tu:
Still don't know anything.. The email from vintageking said "For electronic delivery orders, please allow 24-48 hours for your activation code."'
Cheers! I decided to jump in and purchase last night. No word yet on license delivery. Best case they honour it, worst case they refund.

Clearly it is not the fault of all the retailers simultaneously publishing the incorrect price - it must have come from Slate. See what happens, and thanks for the heads up : )
You're welcome. Hope it works for us... I noticed the price at vintageking is back up to $100 today. I recieved this email from them "Thank you for ordering with Vintage King. There was a glitch in the electronic delivery of your order and I am working with purchasing to get this resolved for you. We will send over your activation info as soon as we are able. "

jzero wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:29 am
MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:34 pm
jzero wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:16 pm
MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:47 am
jzero wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:50 am https://vintageking.com/steven-slate-drums-5

I just bought it for $53 and change. I think this is 5.0 not 5.5... I will confirm once I install.
Awesome, thanks, please let us know :tu:
Still don't know anything.. The email from vintageking said "For electronic delivery orders, please allow 24-48 hours for your activation code."'
Cheers! I decided to jump in and purchase last night. No word yet on license delivery. Best case they honour it, worst case they refund.

Clearly it is not the fault of all the retailers simultaneously publishing the incorrect price - it must have come from Slate. See what happens, and thanks for the heads up : )
You're welcome. Hope it works for us... I noticed the price at vintageking is back up to $100 today. I recieved this email from them "Thank you for ordering with Vintage King. There was a glitch in the electronic delivery of your order and I am working with purchasing to get this resolved for you. We will send over your activation info as soon as we are able. "
Slate honored my SSD5 purchase for 37 euro from Best Service and I have received downloads for SSD5.5. Hope this keeps your worries in peace.

fgimian wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:44 pm AudioDeluxe has Exponential Audio Excalibur for $10 for those who may have missed it last time.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/au ... -excalibur
Grabbed it few days back, seems to be for US market only.
Had to switch to my US adress when trying the German one.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Omkar wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:02 am
fgimian wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:44 pm AudioDeluxe has Exponential Audio Excalibur for $10 for those who may have missed it last time.

I was able to get this deal here in South Korea. I read somewhere that some shops haven't been charging tax (VAT?) correctly to certain European countries, so iZotope has temporarily blocked the sale of said products through said shops until the issue is fixed.

eungang wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:27 am
Omkar wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:02 am

I was able to get this deal here in South Korea. I read somewhere that some shops haven't been charging tax (VAT?) correctly to certain European countries, so iZotope has temporarily blocked the sale of said products through said shops until the issue is fixed.
VAT yes. And yes, audiodeluxe prices were no-tax. That’s why i shopped there often 😂
No-tax sales in europe are only valid if done for a business (tax-exempt) purchase.

eungang wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:27 am so iZotope has temporarily blocked the sale of said products through said shops until the issue is fixed.
I don't see why, if the storefront doesn't charge the relevant VAT then the onus is on the purchaser to pay the VAT, it's no different really to importing physical goods where you're supposed to declare the price of them

One thing I've always been curious of though, how do I know the shops charging me VAT that aren't located in my country are actually paying that money to my government and not just pocketing it as extra income ?

Digivolt wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:33 am
eungang wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:27 am so iZotope has temporarily blocked the sale of said products through said shops until the issue is fixed.
I don't see why, if the storefront doesn't charge the relevant VAT then the onus is on the purchaser to pay the VAT, it's no different really to importing physical goods where you're supposed to declare the price of them

One thing I've always been curious of though, how do I know the shops charging me VAT that aren't located in my country are actually paying that money to my government and not just pocketing it as extra income ?
Digital goods don’t go through customs so its easier to “smuggle” it 😂

SolarAxix wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:34 pm
I own Summit Audio Grand Channel and my upgrade price to Volume 4 is $249.50 USD.

In my cart it says:

Volume 4 (upgrade from Summit Audio Grand Channel).
Your order value: USD 499.00
Total discounts: -USD 249.50
Total: USD 249.50

Also, Softube usually only uses one item for an upgrade (i.e. Summit Audio Grand Channel, Volume 3, or Modular) and will automatically pick the one that provides the best discount. In other words, having multiple plugins won't automatically make it cheaper; adding the right plugin (or volume) will.
Does anyone know (= have experience or have asked Softube): if you own Summit Audio Grand Channel, is buying "Volume 4 upgrade from Volume 1" from a dealer a working option? It probably is not, but as the Volume 4 upgrade from Volume 1 is the same price (249.50) as from Summit Audio Grand Channel, it might as well be.

SolarAxix wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:34 pm
Ploki wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:53 pm
SirKen wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:25 pm I believe Summit Audio Grand Channel bundle gives the biggest discount for Volume 4 upgrades and I have a spare copy if anyone is interested in purchasing. Cannot tell how much the discount would be at the moment though as I already have Volume 4 (upgraded from Volume 3).
i'll ask them via FB when they come back online, and if the math is right i might take it off yer hands
I own Summit Audio Grand Channel and my upgrade price to Volume 4 is $249.50 USD.

In my cart it says:

Volume 4 (upgrade from Summit Audio Grand Channel).
Your order value: USD 499.00
Total discounts: -USD 249.50
Total: USD 249.50

Also, Softube usually only uses one item for an upgrade (i.e. Summit Audio Grand Channel, Volume 3, or Modular) and will automatically pick the one that provides the best discount. In other words, having multiple plugins won't automatically make it cheaper; adding the right plugin (or volume) will.
sorry to bother you again...

So 499$ is the discounted price from 799$, and summit knocks 249$ from the discount price? Summit audio is 299$ i presume.
In EU prices, discounted price is 400€ and summit audio is 299€...
If it knocks 250€ off the discounted price that's ... much better than my Harmonics. :) if

Insanelysane wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:02 am
Ceej wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:20 am

Thanks in advance!

Just adding to this - I'm a full time piano teacher and I can tell you that while from the list of what you would get from the course you might think its very good value and you'll learn a ton, in actual fact the video previews for each part of the course are very poorly done. I wouldn't trust the instructor on this one, seems super basic and frankly lacking. On the altered chords section for example the preview of his altered chords were laughable actually (there were very few, they weren't good examples at all as they didn't have any consideration for voice leading, they were unnecessarily impractical). I just smell with this one that its not worth it. Better go to the very many Youtube free ones on topics of interest and get your info there. Or do a dedicated course from a dedicated instructor (sorry I dont know whos who so cant recommend off the top of my head).
Thanks @Ceej and @Insanelysane!

I took a better look on the courses yesterday and they wasn't so appealing for me as well. I'm a guitar teacher, so I'm not searching a course on music theory, but some lessons particularly on the fingerings for scales, chords, chord progressions, etc. So, it was really good to read your impressions, @Insanelysane! :wink: I'll skip it.
I know I can find these information on youtube, but it'd be nice to have a good course with everything well explained into just one place.

Thanks again and all the best!

MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:44 am
c_voltage wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:53 pm
El°HYM wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:22 pm Sorry guys, didnt see this one was posted in the #chat earlier, today.

But on a side note:

Echoes T7E mkII Vs. Pulsar Echorec

?
Both different by sound, not worse\not better.
Audiority thing, is a bit more experimental-wise, with lot of dark medley variations.
Pulsar thing glossy-costly-drive imprint.
I bought the Audiority Binson Echorec recently right here secondhand but have only installed, not really tested yet. But I can say I really like the character of the Pulsar, very lively sound and the drift is cool and unique. One-trick pony but quite an awesome pony? It's definitely not going to be your swiss-army knife "does everything" delay, but it brings a colour I haven't found elsewhere.
I just bought the Audiority one last night on PB with a few $ off the sale from past purchases. I liked the Pulsar one, but I liked the Audiority one better as it sounds great and offers enough unique controls to justify the purchase (I don't see a need to have both, especially since Valhalla Delay is as awesome as it is).

I tried the Audiothing Out Space reverb as well, but didn't feel it was a unique enough type of reverb due to, once again, Valhalla Delay. I liked it, though.

I wish the UI of the Audiority was more clear and less washed out, could be resized at least 50% larger, and the HQ button could lock on or off.

A Facebook ad provided me with an "exclusive coupon" to get Stutter Edit 2 for $49.99 at Plugin Boutique, with a note that said something like "you qualify for this offer because Rx 7 Elements is free with any purchase". Pretty sure I didn't misread it.

Ou_Tis wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:19 pm A Facebook ad provided me with an "exclusive coupon" to get Stutter Edit 2 for $49.99 at Plugin Boutique, with a note that said something like "you qualify for this offer because Rx 7 Elements is free with any purchase". Pretty sure I didn't misread it.
It's on offer for that price as a cross grade from any Izotope product. I got an email from PB yesterday with a coupon code.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”