DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

ok thanks. If you can please note these issues even though there isnt a solution. maybe it will come up again and a fix will be found thanks again.

moss wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:20 am
D Halgren wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:58 pm
moss wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:54 pm
D Halgren wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:48 pm
moss wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:42 pm
D Halgren wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:35 pm

I guess we are talking about the same thing. In the original version of the sequencer you can split a single note into up to 6 steps for off grid and ratcheting. I looked at the manual on your GitHub and it appears that maybe there is a note repeat that maybe a good alternative? Is that functional on the Launchpad Pro mk3? Sorry for all the questions, I haven't received my Launchpad yet. Just trying to mentally prepare.
You can change the resolution of the steps from quarter notes up to 32 triplets.
Of each individual step, or just as a whole?
For the whole grid.
Got ya, and there is no note repeat with the Launchpad Pro?
There is note repeat. Watch the Launchpad tutorial videos on my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... rQbZjqwWML
I did already, but I guess I missed it. Saw the note repeat for Push and Machine, but not the Launchpad. I will go through it again and if I'm stuck I'll bug you some more 😜

I appreciate your time and help!!!

D Halgren wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:55 pm I did already, but I guess I missed it. Saw the note repeat for Push and Machine, but not the Launchpad. I will go through it again and if I'm stuck I'll bug you some more 😜

Seems it was missing in the playlist, added it now. It is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkNAmTX04l8

moss wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:46 pm
D Halgren wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:55 pm I did already, but I guess I missed it. Saw the note repeat for Push and Machine, but not the Launchpad. I will go through it again and if I'm stuck I'll bug you some more 😜

Seems it was missing in the playlist, added it now. It is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkNAmTX04l8
Thanks 😊

Pencilina wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:49 pm
moss wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:53 am
Pencilina wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:30 am Hi All,
Moss, thanks for your ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT and useful work.
Sorry, If I missed something in my searching but I'm using a little modified korg nano controller as control for the generic flex device to control various functions in BW. Is there any way to prevent it from sending (passing MIDI thru) its data to record enabled tracks?
Thanks,
Bradford
All MIDI you have mapped should be blocked and handed over to Bitwig (are you saying this is happening?). All other MIDI is passing through. There is no way to block this besides mapping that as well.
Hi Moss,
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for delay in responding. Yes, assigned parameters are passing the original midi data (which I want the flexi device to block and transform) as well as the function. So if I have c3 on my controller set to stop transport, the transport stops but I also hear C3 on my synth (if it's input is set to all devices or flexi in). All other devices are turned off except the flexi. Or for example, If I want this C3 to toggle CC17 0<>127 (slot>functon>midicc:>17), bitwig's mapping browser sees the note 60 (c3) not CC17.

Any tips?
Thanks,
Br
Am I missing something? thx

Pencilina wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:08 am Thanks for the reply. Sorry for delay in responding. Yes, assigned parameters are passing the original midi data (which I want the flexi device to block and transform) as well as the function. So if I have c3 on my controller set to stop transport, the transport stops but I also hear C3 on my synth (if it's input is set to all devices or flexi in).
This works but the blocking gets only updated if you switch the slot or load the whole configuration.
Pencilina wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:08 am All other devices are turned off except the flexi. Or for example, If I want this C3 to toggle CC17 0<>127 (slot>functon>midicc:>17), bitwig's mapping browser sees the note 60 (c3) not CC17.
Using CC as a target can only be used with VST plugins in Bitwig. It cannot be mapped with the Bitwig mapping system, which will always see the original MIDI command. Instead use User parameters.

I will also add these clarifications to the manual.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hey Moss - great work you're doing, I truly appreciate it!

I was having an issue with the midi channel out... After ranting here I figured it out...

https://support.novationmusic.com/hc/en ... nchpad-Pro (https://support.novationmusic.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360001310725-How-to-change-the-user-channel-of-your-Launchpad-MK2-Launchpad-Pro)

Last edited by psyllia on Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

moss wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:34 am
Pencilina wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:08 am Thanks for the reply. Sorry for delay in responding. Yes, assigned parameters are passing the original midi data (which I want the flexi device to block and transform) as well as the function. So if I have c3 on my controller set to stop transport, the transport stops but I also hear C3 on my synth (if it's input is set to all devices or flexi in).
This works but the blocking gets only updated if you switch the slot or load the whole configuration.
Pencilina wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:08 am All other devices are turned off except the flexi. Or for example, If I want this C3 to toggle CC17 0<>127 (slot>functon>midicc:>17), bitwig's mapping browser sees the note 60 (c3) not CC17.
Using CC as a target can only be used with VST plugins in Bitwig. It cannot be mapped with the Bitwig mapping system, which will always see the original MIDI command. Instead use User parameters.

I will also add these clarifications to the manual.
Got it! Thanks so much for the reply and your amazing work.

I just released DrivenByMoss 10.6!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 3.2.5+
  • APC40 / APC40MkII
    • Fixed: Insert device before / after current from Shift mode did crash.
    • Fixed: APC40: Shift+Stop All Clips did open the browser to insert before the device instead of replacing the current.
  • Akai Fire
    • New: Shift + Stop- Toggle clip automation write
    • New: Alt + Stop- Toggle arranger automation write
  • OSC
    • New: Added equalizer commands (uses first EQ+ device on a track)
      • /eq/... - All values/commands available for /device
      • /eq/add - Add an EQ+ device as the last device on the track
      • /eq/type/{1-8} - Set/get the band type (off, lowcut, lowshelf, bell, highcut, highshelf, notch)
      • /eq/freq/{1-8} - Set/get the frequency of the n-th band
      • /eq/gain/{1-8} - Set/get the gain of the n-th band
      • /eq/q/{1-8} - Set/get the q-factor of the n-th band
    • New: Added example Open Stage Control template for equalizer control
  • Push 2
    • Fixed: Some device icons were not correct
Enjoy!

Thanks!

Hi Jürgen,
if I press a key in InControl Mode of my SL MK3 the wrong LED lits up. The octave setting of the SL is set to 0. If I press C4, than C3 lits and so on. If I setup the octave setting to -1 the gap between the pressed note and the note even gets an octave wider. Tried it with 10.5 and 10.6 and can reproduce it all times... :-)

LG Andy

https://youtu.be/FjttwBt0v4g

Hellllo!

From the perspective of folks here that have tried both, which works better (most seamless) with this script and Bitwig - Push 2, Launchpad Pro, Launchpad X, Maschine Jam?

thaaaankyou!

This is awesome, thanks for all the hard work!

Any plans to add Alesis VI? I can't seem to get the transport buttons working properly.

moss wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:05 pm
  • APC40 / APC40MkII
    • Fixed: Insert device before / after current from Shift mode did crash.
    • Fixed: APC40: Shift+Stop All Clips did open the browser to insert before the device instead of replacing the current.
This works like a charm now. Thanks!

Hi sir thanks for the update. I am still having the strange problem with the fire. Heres the steps to create it
1. load a drum machine and select a preset like Impact 1
2. enter a single note somewhere
3. play with pitch control on that step (first turn key control on to 100% in the sampler) I think the pitch control is what is causing it.
4. Then press alt plus record to create clip 2.
5. the problem is the new clip shows lights on that step that was pitched controlled on the fire even though there is no midi data entered yet. I can enter it in and the midi clip shows notes added and taken away as I press the steps on the fire but the fire steps stays illuminated.

Example. enter a single step on the first step C1 then pitch adjust it by holding down the step and turning the select knob. (Again key control has to be on 100% to hear the pitch change)
When you create a new clip that new clip will have that same step lit up on the fire.
Try steps 1 through 5 on a different step or different note and you will see the illuminated steps follow on the new blank clip. So I am sure it is the pitch control thats causing it. Of course you might check the volume and pans and individual sends as well.

Return to “Controller Scripting”