OrilRiver - great Room/Hall reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OrilRiver

provoc wrote:
ENV1 wrote:Finished new skin for version 2.0.3 today. :)

click for fullsize
Nice one! Have/are you going to release it? Even if we have to do some resource editing it would be much appreciated .. I would use this one for sure :)
+1

provoc wrote:Nice one! Have/are you going to release it? Even if we have to do some resource editing it would be much appreciated .. I would use this one for sure :)
I intend to release it, im just not sure what to do with the MacPack because im not sure how to name the files.

Because the thing is this: So far the images on mac always required a 'bmp00' prefix, so an image that would simply be called 'knob1.png' in the Windows DLL would be called 'bmp00knob1.png' in the plugins Resources folder on the mac. However, with Oril River this doesnt seem to be the case. Ive downloaded the mac ZIP to check how the images are named in there, and there are 3 different Resources folders in there, all containing the set of images that is also in the Windows DLL, but none of the images have a 'bmp00' prefix, i.e. they all have the exact same names that they have in the Windows DLL too. (Except everything is in lowercase whereas in the Windows DLL its all in uppercase.) Of course its possible that the mac OS gives the images a 'bmp00' prefix when you 'install' the archive, but i have no way of knowing this. So if you are a mac user and can help out (just let me know how the images are named in your Oril River Resources folder/folders, i.e. whether they have a bmp00 prefix or not) i would appreciate that. Soon as i know what the proper filenames are on mac i will add the skin to Oril Rivers product page.

(The Windows version will be an Images.res which can be installed via ResourceHacker so no problem there.)

I just looked in the Mac VST version's "Resources" folder, and I see that they are all .png files.

The names do not have any prefix, and are just named for the components (background.png, background2.png, button_byp.png, button_dry.png, fader_left.png, fader_right.png... etc...).

Hopefully this helps.

- Jay

It helps, thank you.

Thats exactly what i needed to know.

Will upload the archives later this evening. :)

ENV1 wrote:It helps, thank you.

:hyper:

Russell Grand wrote:
ENV1 wrote:It helps, thank you.

:hyper:
Doh! I saw the bump on the thread and thought they might be uploaded now .. am excited about this one too :hyper:

Sorry for the delay.

Its all uploaded now.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=506879

Why doesnt 3cee just make the change to black?

Sorry for being rude: Are you silly to give this plugin away for free????????? :hihi:

Serious, this is by far the best free reverb plugin in existance and imho it´s absolutely on par with many many payware plugins...

Today I compared it to UVI´s Sparverb and tbh for me OrilRiver won except in one single point...: Sparkverb is even a little bit more optimzed for CPU consumption... it uses even less than yours... but that´s complaining on a very high level...

Seriously, for me you are the Tony Klanghelm of reverbs (...and more??) and you should take a look at his business model as it turned out well for him as he can make a living out of his plugin sales... perhaps even more...

I am sure you´ve got more to share with the world if you are gifted enough to come up with such a great reverb... go for it... I would be amazed to see more from you, but hopefully then not for free...
Great work deserve at least a little fee and I would be glad to at least donate for your great work but I didn´t found a donate button neither...

My honest respect :tu:

Any estimate on when the Mac VST is due?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Yes, i pulled this thread out of the formaldehyde bath.

This is a very nice reverb (free or otherwise) thanks a lot Denis.

I would also like to know more about the variations. By now someone must have some experience to share? Yeah, yeah, i know “just try them all and see.” :)
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Still my goto reverb after all this time, it's pretty hard to beat.

It was also my goto reverb (using ENV1’s excellent skin) for my live singing from back when it was first released until last week when I switched to MCharmVerb. I tweaked MCharmVerb by tuning the designer settings against a single sample “impulse” input until I got the smoothest possible response from the reverb which seems to translate pretty well to vocals. To be honest though there was not much in it between MCharmVerb and Oril River and I could probably still go either way. Also, MCharmVerb uses more CPU so agree that Oril River is still an excellent choice, especially where CPU is scarce!

Would like to get this working in Logic 10.5.1 but Plugin Manager reports 2.0.2 even though I know I have the 2.03 beta installed. Plogue Bidule can load the AU just fine so is there anything I can do to convince Logic to validate and load it?

Looking at the log, all stages passed apart from the render tests:

--------------------------------------------------
RENDER TESTS:
Implements: AudioUnitProcess, AudioUnitProcessMultiple
Input Format: AudioStreamBasicDescription: 2 ch, 44100 Hz, 'lpcm' (0x00000029) 32-bit little-endian float, deinterleaved
Output Format: AudioStreamBasicDescription: 2 ch, 44100 Hz, 'lpcm' (0x00000029) 32-bit little-endian float, deinterleaved
Render Test at 512 frames
ERROR: -4 IN CALL AudioUnitRender

* * FAIL
AU VALIDATION FAILED: CORRECT THE ERRORS ABOVE.

I cant get this to work on my mac.. there is no .dmg file in the zip download.. can someone please help :(

Return to “Effects”