Hyakken is the HY dev !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

z.prime wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:27 pm
hyakken wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:41 amPlease try this one.
I tried to optimize the GUI rendering as much as I could.
HY-POLY free v1.0.75(Win/Mac)
This is GREAT! Looks like it's solved the issue - I'm only seeing things related to audio processing in the thread list now and CPU usage is way down! Thank you so much for the quick turnaround on this, Tadashi! I'll try to make you proud before end of the month ;)
Thank you for your testing.
I'm glad I could fix it.
Your report was very helpful.

Tadashi

Great synth. i really like the workflow and the way it is intuitive. I also really like the sound of the filters and the distortion option. congrats, mr.

some requests:
- the modwheel should be a vst parameter, so that i can automate the modwheel with parameter automations instead of midi cc1.
- the lfos are great, but i would like to have super slow synced speeds, like 32 bars or 64 for really slow modulations. at the current momento it only goes as slow as 16 bars.
- I really dont like the sound of the phaser. i cant set the number of stages like in a traditional phaser
- I also find the chorus a bit odd, since i cant set the initial delay. or am i missing something?

Something a bit more wild that would like to see it would be an oscilator that could load samples, like kicks, snares, voices ( not talking about wavetable) and store those samples inside the fxp patch. well this is a bit too far fectched. my previous suggestions are much easier to deal with.

great synth, will buy it in the future for sure.
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

I would love to see a HY Sampler with granular, and maybe while you’re at it, you can throw in wavetable and FM synthesis? :)

^^^
Sample based synth in the the style of Iris, SpectraLayers, Form, Skanner XT, Wusikstation.
Am I way off?

Just simple sample playback would make me happy
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

HY Tadashi,

I would have a few suggestions for Delay 4:

1. select one step form inside the SLFO and use it until you select another (see HY-MPS)
2. adjustable smoothness for the SLFO (see HY-MPS)
3. shorter delay times for the Simple Delay down to 1ms
4. display of numerical values of knob settings (mainly HPF/LPF, but feedback, volume, pan, etc. would also be welcome)
4. modulatable HP/LP resonance knobs also available in the standard feedback window without having to resort to FX1 and 2 slots
5. retro delay mode 1:1 from HY-Delay 1
6. maybe a graphical multi tap mode à la Delay Designer. 4 taps would be fine with me.
7. BUG?: HPF knob doesn't seem to do much in the Groove Delay mode?

keep up the great work and stay healthy,
Jan
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Hi Tadashi,

It's been quite quiet here for a while

Would have some suggestions for HY-MPS2 if time allows and/if these seem interesting/technical feesible enough to implement:

1. adjustable chain length, meaning: if you have 2 blocks active with 4 steps each, you still can set a “max step“ counter to let's say 7 and the sequence restarts after the 7th instead of the 8th step
2. ability to just randomize the step values inside the step LFO instead of also randomizing the step shapes
3. ping pong play mode if technically possible
4. ping pong play mode for the step LFO modulator
5. random step order play mode for the step LFO modulator
6. a “modulation summing box“ that let's you add/divide, the values of each incoming modulation signal and combine those into a new modulation output
7. ability to let one modulator modulate most of another modulator's shapes and settings
8. a „chord lane“ above or below the slur lane which let's you activate a chord of the current pitch via a bi-polar slider per step where you can select chord variants, or maybe “just“ a pitch offset slider in semitones for a second simultaneously up or down pitched note.

Don't get me wrong, it is already awesome in it's current form.
Most of these things would even improve it for me though if they could be implemented in a not too cluttering way

regards,
Jan
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

JunSev wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:08 am I really recommend that all people that missed the deal just get the entire package of sequencers for $99 (SeqCollection2, RPE, SEQ16x3v2 and MPS2), is what I did. Not only you get a lot for the entire package and savings ($173 to $99= having likely almost or 2 for free), but he constantly release new versions, big Free all around versions of those plug-ins and yeah, as has been with the SeqCollection2 it will be the same with the next catalog: RPE2 and SEQ16x3v3.

Get the best deal, for me I can't imagine to buy just one and stay without the others; maybe you have lost this deal, but you can get this better deal.

https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-seq16 ... mpswinmac/

+1 :tu:

RPE2 has been released and it is spectacular! The free update for RPE owners is much too generous - thank you Tadashi!

The multiple Euclidean views, the chord options, the pitch and velocity step sequencers, the modulations, the pass through midi... it's a masterpiece.

It's running great for me so far in Cubase, except that the midi that gets recorded in Euclidean mode is out of sync on the track. In standard mode it is perfect. I've attached screenshots of the RPE2 settings used and the respective midi results.

Standard Mode Settings
Standard Mode Midi Results

Euclidean Mode Settings
Euclidean Mode Midi Results
One long C1 note in addition to the gated notes

Thanks Tadashi 8)

Thanks for freebie :D:D

Update to RPE looks great. :hyper:

Chord mode! :phones:
Yo Leroy!

RPE2 is fantastic, great release! Quick question, is there a way to get a velocity ramp (either in or out) in a roll step? It would be perfect for little fills and ghosty filler if I could get it to go up or down velo wise.

And thank you hy!
Last edited by functionform on Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Why no discount on the HY site? Only through 3rd parties.

SHall1000 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:45 pm Why no discount on the HY site? Only through 3rd parties.
That’s often the case with devs

Return to “Effects”