Reason Studios recruit Beta Testers!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vertibration wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:55 pm
antic604 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:52 pm
vertibration wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:45 pm Then let me inform you that as someone who does beta test for companies, you are incorrect
Good to know. I'm gonna go and tell out IT Q&A dept. they shouldn't expect salary going forward and instead we'll give them NFR licenses ;) :D
What are you talking about, your profile says you work for a Bank, what does that have to do with audio software? Weird man

He was obviously talking about software in general. I think he meant that in many fields companies can't afford to let customers beta-test the software. Banking software for instance MUST work right from the start - and hence they have paid folks for testing.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

vertibration wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:55 pm
antic604 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:52 pm
vertibration wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:45 pm Then let me inform you that as someone who does beta test for companies, you are incorrect
Good to know. I'm gonna go and tell out IT Q&A dept. they shouldn't expect salary going forward and instead we'll give them NFR licenses ;) :D
What are you talking about, your profile says you work for a Bank, what does that have to do with audio software? Weird man
:D

The last 18 months I've been business lead on an IT project, where I was responsible for data requirement specs, methodology design and VBA prototyping of tool for bank's balance sheet simulation / stress-testing. Then our IT were migrating that 'code' to Oracle & SAS, which included comprehensive, surprisingly formalised and systematic testing by dedicated team :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

The industries are totally different...

I think opening up for vst was a mistake. Remove vst support and add a clip launcher and everything is fine and ok. Ha.

vertibration wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:11 pm The industries are totally different...
Ok, so please avoid Reason beta. We don't really need your entitled attitude around there :)
Music tech enthusiast

BrokenTrance wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:18 pm I think opening up for vst was a mistake. Remove vst support and add a clip launcher and everything is fine and ok. Ha.
Just disable VST paths in the Settings and voilà! I actually did that, too :)
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:28 pm
BrokenTrance wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:18 pm I think opening up for vst was a mistake. Remove vst support and add a clip launcher and everything is fine and ok. Ha.
I think vst supprt has made RE development a bit sluggish. That is all. And i like to have everything organised under one system. And what about clip launch? :o
Last edited by BrokenTrance on Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mistake for Reason that is. Now everyone of Reason owners explore other hosts. And what about the instruments in Reason? Aren't they known to be a bit lacking of quality? So Reason owners make find better hosts and better instruments :o :o :o :o Mistake indeed i think.

BrokenTrance wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:40 pm
Mistake for Reason that is. Now everyone of Reason owners explore other hosts. And what about the instruments in Reason? Aren't they known to be a bit lacking of quality? So Reason owners make find better hosts and better instruments :o :o :o :o Mistake indeed i think.
It's unpopular opinion, but I agree - I find VSTs alien to Reason's concept (at least in a way they're currently implemented) and they indeed hurt RE development a lot.

I disagree though about quality - there's lots of REs exclusive to Reason easily on par with the best VSTs: Expanse, Vk2, Zero, FM4, Antidote, Grain, Complex-1, Friktion, Parsec² and more. Also a lot of unique, creative FX.

Anecdotal, but release of Rack VST with v11 resulted in me being more confident with getting REs, because I can always use them in Bitwig or Studio One :)
Music tech enthusiast

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”