Reason Studios recruit Beta Testers!

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
jens
KVRAF
20247 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:03 am

vertibration wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:55 am
antic604 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:52 am
vertibration wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:45 am
Then let me inform you that as someone who does beta test for companies, you are incorrect
Good to know. I'm gonna go and tell out IT Q&A dept. they shouldn't expect salary going forward and instead we'll give them NFR licenses ;) :D
What are you talking about, your profile says you work for a Bank, what does that have to do with audio software? Weird man



He was obviously talking about software in general. I think he meant that in many fields companies can't afford to let customers beta-test the software. Banking software for instance MUST work right from the start - and hence they have paid folks for testing.

User avatar
antic604
KVRAF
5931 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:34 am

vertibration wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:55 am
antic604 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:52 am
vertibration wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:45 am
Then let me inform you that as someone who does beta test for companies, you are incorrect
Good to know. I'm gonna go and tell out IT Q&A dept. they shouldn't expect salary going forward and instead we'll give them NFR licenses ;) :D
What are you talking about, your profile says you work for a Bank, what does that have to do with audio software? Weird man
:D

The last 18 months I've been business lead on an IT project, where I was responsible for data requirement specs, methodology design and VBA prototyping of tool for bank's balance sheet simulation / stress-testing. Then our IT were migrating that 'code' to Oracle & SAS, which included comprehensive, surprisingly formalised and systematic testing by dedicated team :)
MPC One / A4 Mk1 / OT Mk1 + Bitwig 3 / Reason 11 / Studio One 5 Pro @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604

vertibration
KVRist
155 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:11 am

The industries are totally different...

BrokenTrance
KVRist
358 posts since 25 Nov, 2010

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:18 am

I think opening up for vst was a mistake. Remove vst support and add a clip launcher and everything is fine and ok. Ha.

User avatar
antic604
KVRAF
5931 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:27 am

vertibration wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:11 am
The industries are totally different...
Ok, so please avoid Reason beta. We don't really need your entitled attitude around there :)
MPC One / A4 Mk1 / OT Mk1 + Bitwig 3 / Reason 11 / Studio One 5 Pro @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
antic604
KVRAF
5931 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:28 am

BrokenTrance wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:18 am
I think opening up for vst was a mistake. Remove vst support and add a clip launcher and everything is fine and ok. Ha.
Just disable VST paths in the Settings and voilà! I actually did that, too :)
MPC One / A4 Mk1 / OT Mk1 + Bitwig 3 / Reason 11 / Studio One 5 Pro @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604

BrokenTrance
KVRist
358 posts since 25 Nov, 2010

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:37 am

antic604 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:28 am
BrokenTrance wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:18 am
I think opening up for vst was a mistake. Remove vst support and add a clip launcher and everything is fine and ok. Ha.
Just disable VST paths in the Settings and voilà! I actually did that, too :)
I think vst supprt has made RE development a bit sluggish. That is all. And i like to have everything organised under one system. And what about clip launch? :o
Last edited by BrokenTrance on Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

BrokenTrance
KVRist
358 posts since 25 Nov, 2010

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:40 am

antic604 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:28 am
BrokenTrance wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:18 am
I think opening up for vst was a mistake. Remove vst support and add a clip launcher and everything is fine and ok. Ha.
Just disable VST paths in the Settings and voilà! I actually did that, too :)
Mistake for Reason that is. Now everyone of Reason owners explore other hosts. And what about the instruments in Reason? Aren't they known to be a bit lacking of quality? So Reason owners make find better hosts and better instruments :o :o :o :o Mistake indeed i think.

User avatar
antic604
KVRAF
5931 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:59 am

BrokenTrance wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:40 am
antic604 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:28 am
BrokenTrance wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:18 am
I think opening up for vst was a mistake. Remove vst support and add a clip launcher and everything is fine and ok. Ha.
Just disable VST paths in the Settings and voilà! I actually did that, too :)
Mistake for Reason that is. Now everyone of Reason owners explore other hosts. And what about the instruments in Reason? Aren't they known to be a bit lacking of quality? So Reason owners make find better hosts and better instruments :o :o :o :o Mistake indeed i think.
It's unpopular opinion, but I agree - I find VSTs alien to Reason's concept (at least in a way they're currently implemented) and they indeed hurt RE development a lot.

I disagree though about quality - there's lots of REs exclusive to Reason easily on par with the best VSTs: Expanse, Vk2, Zero, FM4, Antidote, Grain, Complex-1, Friktion, Parsec² and more. Also a lot of unique, creative FX.

Anecdotal, but release of Rack VST with v11 resulted in me being more confident with getting REs, because I can always use them in Bitwig or Studio One :)
MPC One / A4 Mk1 / OT Mk1 + Bitwig 3 / Reason 11 / Studio One 5 Pro @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”