Looperator neewbie question - sync start point in logic

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,
as ever apologies if this is RTFM but i did read the manual and cannot find the answer. So, i want to run looperator just on a vocal track in logic, so i created a new track and added looperator onto that and then pushed the vocals onto that track. It all works fine. The problem i have is knowing how looperator works out what bar of the main track to align to its "1" position. I have had it where i set a pattern to work on a particular piece of the vocal, shut down logic, reopened only to find that looperator is now treating the start of the vocal that was position 1, as position 9. What i'd like to do is to have looperator align its "1" position with say bar 200 of the track. I figured that it might be that looperator aligns "1" to the first bar of the project and then just repeats, but that doesnt seem to be the case - to me sometimes it looks totally random as to where looperator decides to align itself to the main logic project.

I must be doing something stupid but would appreciate advice, what i really want is my pattern to fire on the same exact right place of the vocal no matter how many times I open and close logic!

Thanks!
L

And actually just to add to this, it makes even less sense how it works when there is a selected region cycling...When i do that i cannot fathom how its working out which bar the pattern starts on !

Hi leeh49,

ok, maybe consider triggering Looperator by MIDI. Then the sequencer will play as long as a MIDI note is set and stop with the release.

In order to activate the effects via MIDI, please choose it from the MIDI Controlled FX list in the Plugins menu of an Instrument track (and not as a simple insert effect on an audio track or instrument track). Then, the Sidechain menu should appear in the upper right corner of Looperator. There select the track or bus that you want to process with Looperator.

Note that audio tracks and busses will be listed only. So if you only have instrument tracks, create a BUS from the 'Stereo Out' slot of your instrument track and not from the Sends slot.

Please also note that the sequencer of Looperator has two clock modes. HOST means it runs in sync with Logic (if you press play or stop in the Logic control panel), or Looperator can be started manually via the PLAY button.

So you should set Looperators clock mode to PLAY (just deactivate the 'host' mode in Looperator) and draw a MIDI note to let Looperator run at the exact location you want. This way you are totally free to when Looperator should start running.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Nadine

Return to “Sugar Bytes”