Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chrisstiles wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:36 am
Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:47 am
ATS wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:42 am
Vleker wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:50 pm Waves just released V12 to force people into getting a new WUP. How long did it take to go from 10 to 11? I feel like 11 just released. Anyway, stuff is resizable now.
If your old plugins still work they are not forcing you to do anything.
Yes PC users never get forced to do anything. I have Waves V9 ,10 and 11 running no problems for ten years.
Waves 11 came out in October 2019, Waves 10 came out in June 2018. Waves 9 came out in 2012 (though at that point they were under a different upgrade regime).

I suspect it's unlikely that you had any of them running for 10 years.
2012 to 2020 = 8 years. So I guess my whole point is nullified? Nobody is being forced to buy anything and as with any company; if an update is underwhelming don't buy it. You made this post hoping to have other disgruntled join you in clapping back. This response is silly. Maybe focus your energy on looking for bargains or discussing applications instead of trying to look insightful by going after the same old targets

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:15 pm 2012 to 2020 = 8 years. So I guess my whole point is nullified? Nobody is being forced to buy anything and as with any company; if an update is underwhelming don't buy it.
Actually, what matters is when people might have last purchased a v9 plugin (which would be sometime in 2017). Those won't be supported alongside v12 according to Waves faq. So it may be misleading to claim 8/10 years of compability free running in this context.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:32 am
So, I installed some free packs for MSoundFactoryPlayer (not the ~20GB and ~57GB ones yet) and they seem to be working in this trial version of MSoundFactory. I think they will work once the trial switches to the free FactoryPlayer. Some good sounds in the collections.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:09 pm
So, I installed some free packs for MSoundFactoryPlayer (not the ~20GB and ~57GB ones yet) and they seem to be working in this trial version of MSoundFactory. I think they will work once the trial switches to the free FactoryPlayer. Some good sounds in the collections.
Hi LoveEnigma18,

Yes - MSoundFactory works with those two sets meant to wortk with MSF (Essentials and MGrand)... but please try to install any of MDrummer sets (there is one less than 1GB in size)

DCO-106 is £18.95 on PB. There's a new version too with upgraded Juno chorus effect. Anyone compared to TAL U-no-lx?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:29 am DCO-106 is £18.95 on PB. There's a new version too with upgraded Juno chorus effect. Anyone compared to TAL U-no-lx?
Totally worth the price. Quick, great sounding synth with some soul! For those who dont know its a permanent price, not a sale price, so no rush to grab the bargain!

danijell wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:31 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:09 pm
Hi LoveEnigma18,

Yes - MSoundFactory works with those two sets meant to wortk with MSF (Essentials and MGrand)... but please try to install any of MDrummer sets (there is one less than 1GB in size)
Hi danijell,

IIRC, I did download the small MDrummer set, but it's not easy to know that it works, since there is no category/filter for the sound packs as such. Whatever I loaded from the browser list seemed to open fine, so guess it works. But I will check again. :tu:
However, if you load presets from the toolbar (?) they don't seem to work, which is kinda obvious since I don't have the MDrummer or MSoundFactory (full/LE).

Insanelysane wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:38 am
v1o wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:29 am DCO-106 is £18.95 on PB. There's a new version too with upgraded Juno chorus effect. Anyone compared to TAL U-no-lx?
Totally worth the price. Quick, great sounding synth with some soul!
+1
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Totally worth the price. Quick, great sounding synth with some soul! For those who dont know its a permanent price, not a sale price, so no rush to grab the bargain!
Officially the DCO-106's MSRP is $40; the current $25 price is an introductory discount. I'm not sure if there's a date the price will go up, and Cherry seems to have some sale or other running almost all the time, though.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

it seems you can still use the V9 waves plugin by downloading offline installer and install it with central d10....
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

chrisstiles wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:03 pm
Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:15 pm 2012 to 2020 = 8 years. So I guess my whole point is nullified? Nobody is being forced to buy anything and as with any company; if an update is underwhelming don't buy it.
Actually, what matters is when people might have last purchased a v9 plugin (which would be sometime in 2017). Those won't be supported alongside v12 according to Waves faq. So it may be misleading to claim 8/10 years of compability free running in this context.
Just checked my account and my oldest Waves plugin is One Knob Louder registered 12/4/ 2013. It runs today and I've NEVER purchased a WUP. Also my current studio PC was custom made mid 2013 and I'm assuming I ported over Waves plugins I had prior to that. Again no WUP.

I know this must deeply hurt some but I'm guessing there are tens of thousands of us Waves users who just want reasonably priced plugins that work and in the case of KVR are sick and tired of the same whining over the same issue; a phantom WUP that some how holds somebody back. Good pricing on the tools for making music should be what this forum is about. The few who seem to ride a merry go round of snideness should get a Waves Whining group to vent their delusions.

Ceej wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:54 am
Officially the DCO-106's MSRP is $40; the current $25 price is an introductory discount. I'm not sure if there's a date the price will go up, and Cherry seems to have some sale or other running almost all the time, though.
Actually, even though it says "$39" retail thats not the case, coming from Gearslutz thread from Cherry Audio themselves "@ Raddler : $25 is the the permanent price. But you should really buy it right now :P"

Then someone asked the dev: "On the main site it says $39, with a line through it, suggesting that is the normal price and $25 is a temporary price."

And the Cherry Audio guy reply: "I'm not the marketing guy. It's permanently $25."

Sounds illegal - https://ecfr.federalregister.gov/curren ... tion-233.3
§233.3 Advertising retail prices which have been established or suggested by manufacturers (or other nonretail distributors).

(a) Many members of the purchasing public believe that a manufacturer's list price, or suggested retail price, is the price at which an article is generally sold. Therefore, if a reduction from this price is advertised, many people will believe that they are being offered a genuine bargain. To the extent that list or suggested retail prices do not in fact correspond to prices at which a substantial number of sales of the article in question are made, the advertisement of a reduction may mislead the consumer.

tbh a huge number of plugin manufacturers break all kinds of rules about how sales should be advertised all the damn time. I believe the UK (EU?) rules are harder than the US on this e.g. on how you advertise the RRP and how long sales should last.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

quincy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:12 pm 50% off Algonaut Atlas, now $49 - https://www.algonaut.tech/shop/atlas/
damn, it only lasted a couple of days?? (it's 99 right now.... :dog: )

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”