Released: Free Synthesizer Odin 2 [Win / Mac / Linux]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

Andywanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:46 pm When the "Mod Amount" is positive, decay times are increased for all the keys/notes, irrespective of pitch, and vice-versa, negative mod amounts decrease decay times.

Any ideas how to set this up?
You are on the right track. The effect is just very subtle, as MIDI-Keys are scaled for all possible values 128 (probably needs a rework at some point). Anyway, put the decay on maximum positin and configure matrix as follows:
Screenshot from 2020-10-24 15-11-47.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks, that works, but I would never have figured it out by myself.

TheWaveWarden wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:07 am
KeyOSC wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:53 pm Dang, my life-changing preset didn’t make the cut. :lol:
Sorry bro.
anttimaatteri wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:15 am
Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:51 pm Just installed in Windows. Very first thing I noticed was that it needs a size in between 100% and 150%, because on my 1080p 24" screen the small version is too small and the large version goes off the screen. Maybe a 125% would be great.

Now to see how it sounds...
the first thing i noticed is kaspersky completely shutting down the install process. it didnt like the download too i nthe first palce.

its really pesky
Aaaah, Kaspersky really doesn't like Odin. I just registered for their whitelist program to finally put an end to this
i guess so ;D. its too f**king annoying

Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:53 pm I don't use any scaling. This is how it looks in FL Studio (it's not possible for plugins to cover the top taskbar in FL, although it can be hidden but that is not ideal):
Atually you can set the plugins to cover the toolbar easily, on the top left arrow of the plugin wrapper set it to "Detached" and it will be possible for that plugin to be on top of everything else inside FL Studio.
Hope this helps!

Congrats on the full release! This has become quite the impressive synth...

This is an amazing release. I've been following it for a while, and I'm amazed that this thing is being released for free. It's an incredibly fun and versatile synth.

The only rough spot I have found is the Retrigger implementation and how it interacts with envelopes. It's nearly impossible to avoid clicks with its current implementation.

There also seems to be an issue with the default User Presets bank. It will not allow me to create categories and thus I cannot import patches into it. However, I created a new bank, and had no issues.

I'm on macOS, 10.15.7, running Bitwig 3.3 beta 2 and the latest Logic.

cant be bothered with more scrolling. so quick question: how does one turn off keytrackin? -100 note value modulation for each osc?
find free samples and presets at
:troll: https://fatpassfilter.com

YoddYarmonics wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:10 am cant be bothered with more scrolling. so quick question: how does one turn off keytrackin? -100 note value modulation for each osc?
There's built in way to do it. What you proposed will probably work with some value. Its probably not 100, you'll have to figure it out. Also use Osc Pitch Exponential, not Linear as the destination!

teilo wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:28 pm There also seems to be an issue with the default User Presets bank. It will not allow me to create categories and thus I cannot import patches into it. However, I created a new bank, and had no issues.

I'm on macOS, 10.15.7, running Bitwig 3.3 beta 2 and the latest Logic.
Can you run the following command in a terminal and send me the output please:

Code: Select all

ls -l /Library/Audio/Presets/odin2/Soundbanks

deleted
Last edited by teilo on Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I see the issue. Easy fix.

Code: Select all

drwxr-xr-x  16 root          wheel  512 Sep 27 09:26 Factory Presets
drwxr-xr-x   3 xxxxx.xxxxx   wheel   96 Oct 26 10:36 User
drwxr-xr-x   2 root          wheel   64 Oct 22 10:33 User Patches
Changing ownership of that directory fixes it.
Last edited by teilo on Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User presets really shouldn't be stored here. They should be stored in the user's Library folder, or in a folder in Shared users. The main Library folder is supposed to be only for root-owned resources.

teilo wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:16 pm User presets really shouldn't be stored here. They should be stored in the user's Library folder, or in a folder in Shared users. The main Library folder is supposed to be only for root-owned resources.
Go up a few pages to find people complaining it should be in this location :) This made me change the location in the first place. I had to write a migration script for the installer, which was a major PITA and what probably caused your problems with permissions.

Also the installation tool I use on mac (Packages) weirdly can install either to the user dir or root but not both. On the github page of the synth is a lively discussion where patches should be located on the linux version. I'm gonna sit this one out until people have made up their minds before I change it again. :D

Congratulations on making the final version ready!
It's really a great synth - thank you
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Return to “Instruments”