/* whitenoise */

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Anthology XI Endless Series H9 Series: Blackhole Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscopes

resistent wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:06 pm Did anyone tried "FilterShape core 2"? Is it on par with u-he or Cytomic filters? Never heard much about FilterShape

Filters are okay. Best thing about them are their multiband qualities and easy modulation. The best modules in Shaperbox IMO are Time and Volumeshaper. I was considering buying them but I think I'm going for MRhythmizer or MRhythmizeMB by Melda instead. It doesn't do stereo, width and distortion shaping but it lets you modulate points and curves which is ridiculously powerful. UI is way worse than Shaperbox though, you're probably going to have to read the manual to unlock its full potential.

SneakyBeats wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:57 am Easy decision.. I either buy christmas presents for kids or buy some useless software that I already have too much.

Unless I find something mind blowing for 10€ :lol:
Then the decision is clear:
The kids will not be thankful. Go and buy some useless SW you already have to much... :D :party:

Or something mindblowing for the kids for 10 Euro.

gunark wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:25 pm Surreal Machines Dub Machines for €20 - Diffuse and Modnetic. The Magnetic maxforlive version of Modnetic is great and is also a nice dubby spring reverb.

https://www.surrealmachines.com/product ... nes-vstau/
Oh WTF - had a look on Surreal Machines some days ago and saw Modnetic and Diffuse still for 80€ which was too much for me and thought, when they would have a discount, I would think about to get it. Now it's 20€ - ridiculous - got it! And bought in the same flush Impact, which ia now on 37,50€ to support them :D

NI Raum for 23,88 € is a great steal as well...

Does U-he do the BF sales? Maybe Hive 2? :P

keel wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:48 pm Does U-he do the BF sales? Maybe Hive 2? :P
afaik no

I don't have a lot of paid effect plugins, Just Valhalla Vintage Verb, All TDR and the Acon Acustica editor (which comes with a nice bundle).

I was lacking exactly what I bought now so far:

-An advanced convolution reverb: SIR3 + clipper. 38€
-A characterful compressor: Molot GE (as an existing user). 20€
-Good delays: Surreal machines dub machines. 20€

I have to thank you on this thread for discovering me the Surreal Machines. These two are outstanding. If Echoboy is better than those two it must be really excellent. Modnetic can even be used as a standalone flanger, phaser and chorus.

My objective on effects is to have a select few that are loaded disabled as a template on each new track, so I guess I'm already there.

So far:

Output Thermal €96
Pulsar Audio Mu $49

Might grab the INA-GRM Tools Creative Bundle for $29.

Wanted to buy Eventide Ultratab - not interested in the bundle. It even was on sale back in March - back than I didn't know I needed it :lol: Would trade Sugar Bytes WOW2 for Ultratab :wink:

sl1200mk2 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:56 pm Voxengo Premium Membership @ 25% off. Came for TEOTE, left with the bundle -- too many great plugins to ignore. Will be my only holiday season purchase plugin wise.

https://www.voxengo.com/orders/

Best thing I ever did buying premium. Saved me a fortune. Even though I already had quite a few Voxengo plugins, that added to my discount, so with the extra discount on top I just had to dive in.

It didn't end up costing as much as the few new plugins I was planning to buy anyway. So I got all those cheaper, plus free plugins for life on top!

Aleksey knows what he's doing. He has the metrics. Most people aren't going to use all those plugins he provides, so it's not like he's getting cheated. But it's a really good deal for people that plan to use a half dozen or so of his plugs - then it starts to make real economical sense.

When I heard the line "Yeah and we give you free updates for NEW plugins", I was like "Yeah, right, I bet you do". No offense to Aleksey, but you know...

But sure enough, he's provided some real gems so far and hasn't made a single one yet that I've had to pay extra for (having the premium). I'm sure that day will come, but he's more than made good on his promise already.

Just remember you can't sell the plugins you previously bought before Premium (that also counted towards the extra discount remember). That makes sense. Customer support is also excellent.

If I was to recommend the most professional and bang for buck toolbox for FX you could get anywhere, I'd say get the Voxengo Premium membership, and get it in a sale. Every plugin you bought previously adds up to more money off. It's a system that works for both dev and user.

As for rest of Black Friday deals, meh...

I may consider downloading some of the stuff I bought last year in BF sales. I may even consider installing some of it. I doubt I'll probably end up using any of it. If I'm going to really knock myself out, I'll try to remember what I bought in the BF deals the year before that!

Things got silly for me a couple of years back with the amount of software I've hoarded. I do plan on still using it all, and that is why I very very rarely sell software. Some things I try to sell because I know they will go to a better home and that I will never use them. But if there's a chance I might fire it up in a few years, I just keep it.

Having said that, VirtualCZ looks like a bargain. I may buy that. And never download it. And probably never install it if I do. And if I do, hardly ever use it. And even if I don't use it, never sell it, because one day I might (use it)...

Cycle of life for a VST addict. :help:

:hyper:

effects, idk about
Last edited by jancivil on Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:51 pm As for rest of Black Friday deals, meh...
The 2 paragraphs after ^this are just too funny. Thanks for the laugh! :lol:
codec_spurt wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:51 pm Having said that, VirtualCZ looks like a bargain. I may buy that. And never download it. And probably never install it if I do. And if I do, hardly ever use it. And even if I don't use it, never sell it, because one day I might (use it)...

Cycle of life for a VST addict. :help:

:hyper:
This is an effects thread, but what the hey. I picked up VirtualCZ with the Drumazon freebie and I've already gotten more than my money's worth by just playing around and getting familiar with both of them. Entertainment ain't cheap!

Bought NeuralDSP NTS Suite.

Demoing Soothe 2, but leaning towards no.

Oxford Inflator is a "maybe but probably not".

I had budgeted for a Melodyne 5 Studio upgrade from 4, but since there's no sale on that I'll redirect it towards something else.

bought GRM Evolution bundle - which completes GRM for me and pretty much finishes software purchases until something new and major like Zynaptiq's long awaited vocoder appears, ( or Inoui's Clarinet Multiphonics as far as sound sources go.) But for standard fx and libraries I am well and truly done - and have stacks I would love to sell if the licenses allowed

codec_spurt wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:51 pm I may consider downloading some of the stuff I bought last year in BF sales. I may even consider installing some of it. I doubt I'll probably end up using any of it. If I'm going to really knock myself out, I'll try to remember what I bought in the BF deals the year before that!

that is exactly why i don't plan on buying anything, haha. honestly, if i can't make all the music i want with what i currently have, then buying one more thing won't suddenly make me into a musician.

Return to “Effects”