Roli: Equator 2 is here !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Gamerock wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:39 am Guys, it takes fortune to download the Equator2 library, and I do have a stable network, jeez...
Downloaded 1GB, still 5 were remaining and I've accidentally clicked the cancel button. Do you know what? It can't pick up from the place it stopped the downloading. So I am starting over.

ROLI, it's a shame you don't have a good CDN... Same with Roli Connect yesterday: 220 freaking mbs were downloading over an hour.
I downloaded the update and version 1 legacy library in under 2 mins, it’s not ROLI’s problem.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:32 pm I have a question about this phoning home thing once a month. Does it prompt for your roli account sign in to check the license, or does it do it automatically?

For the record I'm not really ok with either. If I have authorized a product, I think I should have a right to use it on a machine that does is not online all the time. And if it prompts for a sign in that is even worse. Strobe does this and it is ridiculous.

Roli - You do understand that we have other VSTs and software right? Many of us have hundreds of licensed plugins. Can you imagine if every one asked us to sign into our account once a month? We'd deal with a few every single time we opened our DAW. Nobody wants to deal with that. You might get away with it because hardly anyone does this (only Roland I think), but it would never be tolerated if more companies did, not from any studio. So do the decent thing and don't do something that you know would not be acceptable if everyone did it.
Bringing this forward for Dan.

Okay, well, first off: thanks, Bones! You were exactly right. I had to into Roli Connect a *third* time to install the entire preset collection. I assumed this would install with the app; it didn't. So I went back in, and saw they were ready for download. THEN, on your suggestion, I clicked on them again and this time they installed.

I cleaned the Seaboard with a dry cloth, launched the Dashboard to ensure I was up to date and it was reading my playing correctly, and everything looked good. The crackling and popping and wavering sounds are all good, so it must have been a fine accumulation of dust causing the issues.

Now into Equator 2 for real this time, and it really is an impressive collection of wild sounds. I know there was a lot of legitimate criticism at first that Equator 1 didn't offer nearly as many emulations of real instruments, but this version seems to address that original deficiency quite well. There's so much to do here, and that's just the presets. It'll be a while before I get into any original sounds, but this is pretty far out. Himalaya (nice work on your sounds!) isn't kidding that this is a vast improvement over an already pretty good synth. This is really something.

Thanks, again, Bones, for the guidance. Everything sounds great now: all sounds are playing.

If there's a ding to be had, it's in the roll out. Roli has a superlative product here, but it seems that the bulk of complaints here are from incomplete or slight installation directions. Fortunately, that's not only correctable, but worth the hassle. Great product, Roli!
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Watchful wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:38 am there was a lot of legitimate criticism at first that Equator 1 didn't offer nearly as many emulations of real instruments, but this version seems to address that original deficiency quite well.
Is there a list of multisampled "acoustic" instruments somewhere online?

Do the multisamples include round robins (or different versions of the same note mapped to different absolute Slide positions)?

I need some help please. You can buy Equator 2 at a discounted price if you own Cypher 2, according to Roli. I own Cypher2 but have registered the serial at FXpansion. The upgrade discount for Equator is not displayed when I click on buy because my license for Cypher 2 is not in my Roli account. If I try to register the serial at Roli I always get an error the license is not valid.
I don´t know how to fix that, any help is much appreciated!

enCiphered wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:15 am I need some help please. You can buy Equator 2 at a discounted price if you own Cypher 2, according to Roli. I own Cypher2 but have registered the serial at FXpansion. The upgrade discount for Equator is not displayed when I click on buy because my license for Cypher 2 is not in my Roli account. If I try to register the serial at Roli I always get an error the license is not valid.
You need to click on buy full version and then use the discount coupon from your email (FXpansion would have sent you) to reduce it to $99. :)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:22 am
enCiphered wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:15 am I need some help please. You can buy Equator 2 at a discounted price if you own Cypher 2, according to Roli. I own Cypher2 but have registered the serial at FXpansion. The upgrade discount for Equator is not displayed when I click on buy because my license for Cypher 2 is not in my Roli account. If I try to register the serial at Roli I always get an error the license is not valid.
You need to click on buy full version and then use the discount coupon from your email (FXpansion would have sent you) to reduce it to $99. :)
Thanks for your reply!
I didn´t get any discount codes from FXpansion. Only a getting started with Cypher 2 mail, nothing else.
I bought the plugin at Audiodeluxe. Might this be the reason?

Ou_Tis wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:14 am
Watchful wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:38 am there was a lot of legitimate criticism at first that Equator 1 didn't offer nearly as many emulations of real instruments, but this version seems to address that original deficiency quite well.
Is there a list of multisampled "acoustic" instruments somewhere online?
Here it is. The new sample content

BRASS instruments:
Trombone - Attack
Trombone - Sustain
Trumpet - Bucket Mute Staccato
Trumpet - Bucket Mute Sustain
Trumpet - Harmon Mute Staccato
Trumpet - Mute Sustain
Trumpet - Staccato
Trumpet - Sustain
Tuba Staccato
Tuba - Sustain

EFFECT
Waterphone - Pluck 1 (tuned)
Waterphone - Pluck 2 (tuned)
Waterphone - Scrape texture 1
Waterphone - Scrape texture 2
Waterphone - Scrape Texture 3 (tuned)
Waterphone - Scrape texure 4 (tuned)

KEYS
Accordion - Staccato
Accordion - Sustain
Baby Grand Piano (4 versions)
Hammond Jazz - Fast Leslie
Hammond Jazz - Slow Leslie
Hammond Jazz 2 - Fast Leslie
Hammond Jazz 2 - Slow Leslie
Harmonium - bellows
Harmonium - Sustain
Rhodes
Upright Piano - Feedbacker
Upright Piano - Vintage
Wurlitzer - Classic
Wurlitzer - DI
Wurlitzer - Vintage

STRING based instruments:
Cello - Bow Taps
Cello - Piziccato
cello - Spiccato
Cello Sustain
Double Bass ( three versions)
Dulcimer - Hit
Dulcimer - Runs
Dulcimer - Scrapes
Dulcimer - Trill
Harp
Hurdy Gurdy - Keypress
Jurdy Gurdy - Sustain
Koto- Fingered
Koto Plectrum
Nylon Guitar - Harmonics
Nylon Guitar - Muted
Nylon Guitar - Pluck
Santoor
Sitar
Steel Guitar
Stringray Bass - Amped
Stingray Bass - DI
String Quartet - Pizz
String Quartet - Spiccato
String Quartet - Sustain
String Ensemble (a new hybrid, ie: layered strings ensemble)
Viloin - Pizz
Violin - Spiccato
Violin - Sustain
Yangqin - Latex Hammer
Yangqin - Latex hammer Bac
Yangqin - Trill

Woodwinds:
Basson - Staccato
Basson - Sustain
Calrinet
Concert Flute - Attack
Concert Flute - Sustain
Nadaswaram - Sustain
Oboe - Sustain

All of the above can be used/mixed/layered with Equator1 samples like some of the very lush orchestral samples.

And to complete the new content list here is a list of sampled analogue synths:

Arp Solina
Juno-6
MS20
Mini700
Boomstar5089
OBXa
Pro-One
SH-2
Super Jupiter
System-100
VP-330

Then, there is a huge selection of new samples specifically made for the granular engine. These live under the Granular folder tab, with the following themes:

Granular - Abstract
Granular - Acoustic
Granular - Cinematic
Granular - Foley
Granular - Synthetic
Granular - Textures
Granular - Vocoder

Ou_Tis wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:14 am Do the multisamples include round robins (or different versions of the same note mapped to different absolute Slide positions)?
Most of the new samples use round-robin, even the analogue ones. But the round-robin layers can not be modulated by the absolute slide position. A great idea, but not possible at the moment.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:39 am Granular - Synthetic
This Synthetic folder contains some very extreme samples. There is a whole list of analog ring-modulation samples which when treated by the granular engine provide some truly bonkers, outlandish sounds. Pure modular synth fun!

https://soundcloud.com/electric-himalay ... nulator-5d

https://soundcloud.com/electric-himalay ... lator-2-5d

enCiphered wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:29 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:22 am
Thanks for your reply!
I didn´t get any discount codes from FXpansion. Only a getting started with Cypher 2 mail, nothing else.
I bought the plugin at Audiodeluxe. Might this be the reason?
When I bought Equator 2 the discounted price was shown after I logged in at Roli. I did not use any discount coupon. On the page "Choose a version" only the upgrade version was available (the other shown as "unavailable"). My Cypher 2 is not in my Roli account.

Just joined the Equator 2 party today.
What an expressive set of patches (and this is on Standard).

Quick questions though:

1. In standalone mode it is remembering the gui size, not so on vst3.... Is this common to others currently? (cubendo mac/pc).
2. They are not Equator 1 patches correct? That is if I whom never had Equator 1, open my patch preset and filter to show me only Equator patches it finds none.... Is that normal? Yes Roli Connect says both Equator 1 and 2 content are installed.

thanks in advance.
rsp
sound sculptist

Ploki wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:56 pm jesus finally sample import. Took them long enough.

this might actually become useful for me now, but the upgrade price is YIKES.
Wonder if RISE2 is next.
Backlit LED Rise, like lightpad but a RISE.

I use RISE on stage and blocks in studio almost daily, i'm glad they're not dead, was afraid for a while they're gonna go down the drain.
I upgraded my Equator to ver 2. I use my Rise 49 and really like the great improvements.

I had been looking out for sample import option since a good while and very excited now that it has finally arrived.

After testing a few sample imports with some of my wav samples, it plays well and good. I am still not sure how I would be able use it effectively and mainly to loop my imported wav file samples. Does someone really know what's the deal?
System: Win10 Pro, Asus 2-in-1, Seaboard 49, Bitwig 3, Pro Tools, Babyface

I almost bought this but the sample import seems way to simple and I cant find any info on it

The preset change buttons on seaboard don’t work and the preset change with mouse or keyboard does sound like an audio dropout - hope thy fix it with next update.

zvenx wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:52 pm Just joined the Equator 2 party today.
What an expressive set of patches (and this is on Standard).

Quick questions though:

1. In standalone mode it is remembering the gui size, not so on vst3.... Is this common to others currently? (cubendo mac/pc).
2. They are not Equator 1 patches correct? That is if I whom never had Equator 1, open my patch preset and filter to show me only Equator patches it finds none.... Is that normal? Yes Roli Connect says both Equator 1 and 2 content are installed.

thanks in advance.
rsp
Glad to have you on board! :)

Re point 1: known issue and it will be addressed.

re Point 2: If you didn't have Equator 1 before, and you buy Equator 2 for the first time, then you get Equator2 and Equator1 samples but not the Equator1 presets. A bit confusing, but there it is. The reason you get Equator1 samples is because we use this content in the presets that come in Equator2. Equator1 had a lot of fantastic samples, which really comes in useful in the new v2 engine.

Return to “Instruments”