Roli: Equator 2 is here !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Can you slice samples or is just a player?

MikeCallon wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:35 pm
Ou_Tis wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:28 pm
Gamma-UT wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:59 pm
n9research wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:26 pm £80 upgrade? And that's a special deal?

<moves swiftly on>
From what I can tell, the upgrade is the same whether you own the Full Monty, the player version or one of the other Roli/FXPansion synths. In other words: if you've bought Equator or have one of the bigger keyboards that comes with it, you've got the same price. Errrm, OK.
The email states that the upgrade from Equator Player is $99. No mention of the upgrade price for people who have already upgraded from Equator Player to Equator full. When I log into my Roli account I don't see any additional discount for already owning Equator full.

If that's the actual policy, it's ridiculous and blunts my enthusiasm for upgrading anytime soon.
That seems to be the case.
To upgrade you must be a ROLI creator with either Equator1, Strobe2, Cypher2 or ROLI Studio (free with all ROLI hardware) and be logged into your account.

I own all of the above, but only one upgrade price? No thanks Roli ... come on, you can do better than that!
God, it's even worse than I thought!

As a Seaboard Block owner I upgraded from Studio to the full Equator and Cypher 4 months ago. And Roli are telling me that this substantial outlay gives me no benefit for the new release?

They even gave away Studio to Novation owners a little while back..

This has got to be some kind of mistake. I hope it is, or - and it pains me to say this about a UK outfit - this is absolute chiselling of the worst kind - punishing your own paying customers.

This same rhetoric seems to be on many threads at the movement- Amplitude 5 has about 13 pages of it, Live 11 has a Facebook rebellion...

In the end vote with your wallet
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Considering I’ve had Equator 1 for over four years now and originally got it free with my Seaboard Rise 49, I have no problem with paying for an upgrade now.

However... where is it? I paid for the upgrade, received a confirmation email, but it doesn’t list it on the My Products and Licenses page.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:25 pm This same rhetoric seems to be on many threads at the movement- Amplitude 5 has about 13 pages of it, Live 11 has a Facebook rebellion...

In the end vote with your wallet
Well, sometimes complaints reach companies, and they reconsider, so the public outcry isn't always futile. Also, it's not just rhetoric, but there are reasons for the complaints. You might turn it around and say "the same odd behavior to punish loyal customers seems to be a thing at the moment". Just a question of perspective...

But yes, personally, I will vote with my wallet here, even as an owner of half a dozen Seaboard blocks, and wait for a sale sometime in the future. Enough toys to play with. :-)

jesus finally sample import. Took them long enough.

this might actually become useful for me now, but the upgrade price is YIKES.
Wonder if RISE2 is next.
Backlit LED Rise, like lightpad but a RISE.

I use RISE on stage and blocks in studio almost daily, i'm glad they're not dead, was afraid for a while they're gonna go down the drain.

Ploki wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:56 pm jesus finally sample import. Took them long enough.

this might actually become useful for me now, but the upgrade price is YIKES.
Wonder if RISE2 is next.
Backlit LED Rise, like lightpad but a RISE.

I use RISE on stage and blocks in studio almost daily, i'm glad they're not dead, was afraid for a while they're gonna go down the drain.
I suspect there won't be a Rise 2. I get the feeling that the company is moving to cheaper, higher volume products. The Grand was expensive and I think is now discontinued.

I wonder what the market would be for a Rise 2. Some pros might go for it but people like me can't afford to simply throw away an investment of nearly £1,000 and buy the new version.

and amen to straightforward sample import, other than the SFZ thing.

And the upgrade price is already discounted, it goes up in December.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

n9research wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:26 pm £80 upgrade? And that's a special deal?

<moves swiftly on>
Yeah it should be considerably less for those of us who paid for Equator, it seems we get just the same upgrade 'deal' as people who just have the free studio.

Not thrilled with the upgrade price as an owner of Equator 1, but does look nice. I wonder if they've made improvements to the filters. The old ones went to crap at high resonance.

Hopefully they haven't brought over the cypher bug where modulation ranges can be changed or eliminated if you adjust the target control.

Apparently you can't specify the location for this large library of new samples. I guess this can be gotten around using symbolic links, but it seems like a substantial hassle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ROLI/comments/ ... &context=3

deastman wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:36 pm Considering I’ve had Equator 1 for over four years now and originally got it free with my Seaboard Rise 49, I have no problem with paying for an upgrade now.

However... where is it? I paid for the upgrade, received a confirmation email, but it doesn’t list it on the My Products and Licenses page.
Ya same thing over here, just bought the upgrade and it doesn't show up on the website under my products. However, it does show up in the ROLI Connect app so I had no problem downloading and running it. I assume they will fix the website synching up at some point. Anyway, sounds effing amazing. Def a bit of steep upgrade price, but I have zero regrets 🤘🏼

Sinisterbr wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:18 pm Is Equator 2 also made by the FXspansion guys?
Pretty shocking really, Cypher2 and Strobe2 still not fixed since they launched, now you know where your money has gone.

One of the videos had the fxpansion guy talking about it, and it does say it got some tech from Strobe/cypher so yeah this is clearly what the team has been working on. Maybe now that it's released they will finally fix that cypher bug.

Do the Equator 2 VSTs still get installed in weird places?

you know i'm not sure i'm going to be buying that at 99€ for the upgrade.

I got the original Equator for free with my Seaboard 49. In that sense, I can't really complain about the price. It is one of my 3 favorite synths that I own. That being said, after buying the Seaboard, Strobe 2 and Cypher 2, essentially being $1k into this company, it would have been nice to have been tossed a larger discount as a sign of appreciation.

That being said, this one will be hard to resist. If the price goes up in December, I'm doubting they will be dropping it this Christmas/New Year since the product is so new.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

Return to “Instruments”