GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
216 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Post Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:30 am

WasteLand wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:37 am
InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:26 am
chrisstiles wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:17 am
They've announced their upcoming BF sale which includes a 80% discount on Granulizer 2. Is this typical? Or an indication that Granulizer 3 is on the way and they are getting some last orders out of 2?
We did the reverse last year, 80% for INSTINCT and 60% for GRANULIZER 2.

We thought since we're living in weird times to give the opportunity to experience GRANULIZER 2 as well, since at least here in Europe we're all stuck home.

GRANULIZER 3 is still a long way off. But as all our GRANULIZER 1 users can attest that we didn't leave anyone behind. We had a 99% conversion.

Even when GRANULIZER 3 comes out, we will put a nice upgrade discount as we did for 1 -> 2. And continue to support GRANULIZER 2 for quite some time.

I like how you're thinking though :hihi:

So everyone who hasn't jumped on the Inertia bandwagon, make sure you do, we're only running the offer for a couple of days.
great deal, will certainly buy it, didn't expect to buy something at BF (except melda). but this is great (into granular, via the nice work of rolf kasten).

is it normal by the way, that a confirmation e-mail takes sometime? for registering (looked at spam of course).

nice! granulizer2 is already a great granular beast (and i have more, very different), granulizer 3 will crush (....)...
hotmail and gmx.de addresses seem to be having an issue with our mail sender (SendGrid). If it's taking too long, please email us directly admin@inertiasoundsystems.com and we'll enable it manually (you'll be able to use the website normally after that).

chrisstiles
KVRist
177 posts since 12 Mar, 2005

Post Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:31 am

InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:26 am
Even when GRANULIZER 3 comes out, we will put a nice upgrade discount as we did for 1 -> 2. And continue to support GRANULIZER 2 for quite some time.

I like how you're thinking though :hihi:

So everyone who hasn't jumped on the Inertia bandwagon, make sure you do, we're only running the offer for a couple of days.
Well, after purchasing Padshop and Pigments this year, looks like I'm going to buy another granular synth after all. :hihi:

WasteLand
KVRian
1365 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:58 am

InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:30 am

hotmail and gmx.de addresses seem to be having an issue with our mail sender (SendGrid). If it's taking too long, please email us directly admin@inertiasoundsystems.com and we'll enable it manually (you'll be able to use the website normally after that).
yes i used hotmail... if it isn't there this weekend, i will e-mail intertia directly, many thanks!
chrisstiles wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:31 am
Well, after purchasing Padshop and Pigments this year, looks like I'm going to buy another granular synth after all. :hihi:
padshop and pigments are quite different in their behavior, i like that, i also have all glitchmachines, all unfiltered audio (the granular effects, or granular based stuff are also interesting..), biotek2 has a also a great granular oscillator. all three MPE, by the way... i have more granular based, or granular instruments.. because of my interest in many different synthesis, granular was always there, and i learn it in depth, as i mentioned already, via the grain-guy (not only) rolf kasten.

but granulizer 2, is quite an addition, deeper control, and the BF sale is extremely well extreme..

looking forward to work with it!
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

chrisstiles
KVRist
177 posts since 12 Mar, 2005

Post Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:11 am

WasteLand wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:58 am
padshop and pigments are quite different in their behavior, i like that, i also have all glitchmachines, all unfiltered audio (the granular effects, or granular based stuff are also interesting..), biotek2 has a also a great granular oscillator. all three MPE, by the way... i have more granular based, or granular instruments.. because of my interest in many different synthesis, granular was always there, and i learn it in depth, as i mentioned already, via the grain-guy (not only) rolf kasten.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it also. Also got Polygon in the recent sale (avoided palindrome as it's not quite the clouds of grain thing I like -- and Polygon I can also use as a basic sampler).

WasteLand
KVRian
1365 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:24 am

chrisstiles wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:11 am
WasteLand wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:58 am
padshop and pigments are quite different in their behavior, i like that, i also have all glitchmachines, all unfiltered audio (the granular effects, or granular based stuff are also interesting..), biotek2 has a also a great granular oscillator. all three MPE, by the way... i have more granular based, or granular instruments.. because of my interest in many different synthesis, granular was always there, and i learn it in depth, as i mentioned already, via the grain-guy (not only) rolf kasten.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it also. Also got Polygon in the recent sale (avoided palindrome as it's not quite the clouds of grain thing I like -- and Polygon I can also use as a basic sampler).
yes polygon, i had v1, upgraded it a half year, ago, now it is cheaper, that is in the game, no regrets, great (granular) sampler. polygon 2 is much better than v1, while already great.

i really ike palindrome, it is not a cloud grain thing, indeed, but palindrome, o well.. personal, as always. it can do a lot, but it has indeed a different use.

(i wanted to put a link to a great tutorial, vst in depth about palindrome, but this isn't the right place. the general granular thread is better.)

so many different approaches, i like that, i don't have to have an all-in-one solution...

yes, granulizer 2, which of course i already knew, i prefer it to quanta (with biotek2, i can already do more, than with quanta, still, quanta has it's own merits. i never say that one is better than another, only when it comes to versions, like polygon 2.. it is what works for me, my music, which gives me real inspiration; i.e. making tracks/songs with it).
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

Dombaeb
KVRist
410 posts since 7 Dec, 2018 from Saint-Petersburg

Post Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:06 am

I never heard about this tool before the sale was announced, but I just tried it and it's a very well designed instrument. Much better than any granular in my plugin folder. I'll take it for sure.

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
3127 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:11 pm

Looks really interesting. Need to demo first though. Is currency fixed by country automatically? I am not in Europe and wish I could use USD.

Granular and wavetable stuff taking my money these days with no end in sight.
Never imagined we would get to play with toys in adulthood. :)

GusGranite
KVRist
168 posts since 18 Feb, 2019

Post Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:23 pm

Dombaeb wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:06 am
I never heard about this tool before the sale was announced, but I just tried it and it's a very well designed instrument. Much better than any granular in my plugin folder. I'll take it for sure.
You’ve got me interested. What else is in your granular folder if you don’t mind me asking?

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
28811 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:50 pm

Is the sale over? I'm seeing $89 for Granulizer 2.

WasteLand
KVRian
1365 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:58 pm

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:50 pm
Is the sale over? I'm seeing $89 for Granulizer 2.
the sale starts at nov 26...

EDIT: see the frontpage, 80% discount... and granulizer 3 coming, will take some as mentioned by intertia sound themselves, but a pretty great upgrade, and certainly for this price the granulizer 2 is already a great granular synth. (i am also "collecting" a lot of granular synths, or that have granular oscillators, that are quite good, it seems... as wavetable synths, that i had never expected, to have more than 10... but all of their merits...)
Last edited by WasteLand on Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
28811 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:01 pm

WasteLand wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:58 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:50 pm
Is the sale over? I'm seeing $89 for Granulizer 2.
the sale starts at nov 26...
Thanks

Mumdad
KVRist
50 posts since 11 Oct, 2020

Post Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:06 am

Installed this to try with the sale on the horizon but something is up with it on my system. It crashes Live pretty much instantly, installed Reaper and the Bitwig demo to see if the Live beta was the issue but it's a mess in those too with heavy crackling and the GUI not updating properly. All the programs report normal looking CPU usage but checking the Windows task manager it's spiking the CPU to 100%.

User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
216 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Post Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:17 am

Mumdad wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:06 am
Installed this to try with the sale on the horizon but something is up with it on my system. It crashes Live pretty much instantly, installed Reaper and the Bitwig demo to see if the Live beta was the issue but it's a mess in those too with heavy crackling and the GUI not updating properly. All the programs report normal looking CPU usage but checking the Windows task manager it's spiking the CPU to 100%.
Feel free to save a project in either of your DAWs and send it to us, along with hardware/OS information, and we'll take a look!

WasteLand
KVRian
1365 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:59 am

InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:17 am
Mumdad wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:06 am
Installed this to try with the sale on the horizon but something is up with it on my system. It crashes Live pretty much instantly, installed Reaper and the Bitwig demo to see if the Live beta was the issue but it's a mess in those too with heavy crackling and the GUI not updating properly. All the programs report normal looking CPU usage but checking the Windows task manager it's spiking the CPU to 100%.
Feel free to save a project in either of your DAWs and send it to us, along with hardware/OS information, and we'll take a look!
i just downloaded the demo, to see if i had problems. works in reaper 6.15, bitwig studio 3.2.8, puts a lot of strain on the buffer, but lot of processing it seems.
in live 10 suite, yes it crackles, mainly, i am using my laptop know, and no keyboard is attached at this moment, when i draw some notes in a clip and play it... a lot of crackles, so live 10 suite can't handle it, most of the times live 10 suite is on par with reaper and bitwig (yes unless unarm the track in reaper, then reaper outperforms everything, pre-processing..).

no crashes in live 10 suite, reaper and bitwig do seem to handle it. but in live 10 suite no visual feedback of the playhead... you see when i play, intermittent peaks. very regurlarly..

i shall also try it on my desktop, a i7-6700K, but it handles, of course, it is desktop, most of times audio much better.

i will attach a screenshot of bitwig.

windows 10 (20H2) home, i7-9750H (high performance mode of course, laptop tweaked, but not in depth, it can handle a lot, wifi off, etc.), 16 gb, gtx 1050 4gb. o yes, UMC204HD soundinterface, yes a behringer, but don't underestimate it... also in "performance". asio of course. 256 sample buffer.

EDIT: the first preset i tried, halycon 2, and the 2 next.. since 20H2, i didn't look at latency mon, but my laptop has no problems, before it. i shall check to if needed.

EDIT 2: in all 3 DAW's i used the VST3 version, by the way..

EDIT 3: a lot of edits: latest version of live 10 suite, of course. latest version of all DAW's, didn't check bitwig studio 3.3 beta 5.

hopes this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

WasteLand
KVRian
1365 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:44 am

InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:30 am

So everyone who hasn't jumped on the Inertia bandwagon, make sure you do, we're only running the offer for a couple of days.
don't see it yet......
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

Return to “Instruments”