GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Granulizer 2

Great plugin - great developer!

collider wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:19 pm Great plugin - great developer!
:D :D :D :party:

It's a wrap for the Black Friday sale! Thank you all SO MUCH for you love and support! :love:

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:28 am
zeph wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:18 am
InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:14 pm
zeph wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:36 am
bobsled wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:53 am Has anyone else had problems getting the Friction package to install? It downloads fine here just like all the other packages but hangs at the last bit.
I am getting the exact same problem!!!!!!

Please can Inertia Sound Systems fix and advise!!!!
bobsled contacted us on support, so what we suggested is this:

Friction is the biggest one of them all (335MB~), so make sure you have enough space to download and uncompress it. I tested it over here and it downloads/installs properly.

Please try having clean space available and try shutting the DAW down and re-downloading it.

We're trying to make sure that it’s not an issue on the software.
Tried again, and same issue: Takes a very long time to download and then right at end just hangs/does nothing!!!!!
zeph I've pmed you the details, let me know if you need anything else!
I'm getting the same issue here too, tried three times (with shutting down the DAW in between): Downloads fine (albeit slowly) but hangs right at the very end with my fan going rather crazy as if throttling the CPU (on the third occasion I played an hour or so of Doom whilst it was at that stage, returned back to Reaper and it was still doing nothing). Have 1.1Tb free so definitely enough space !

Could you PM me details too (or make them public for other folks to be able to fix as well?)

mcbpete wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:05 pm
InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:28 am
zeph wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:18 am
bobsled wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:53 am Has anyone else had problems getting the Friction package to install? It downloads fine here just like all the other packages but hangs at the last bit.

Friction is the biggest one of them all (335MB~), so make sure you have enough space to download and uncompress it. I tested it over here and it downloads/installs properly.

Please try having clean space available and try shutting the DAW down and re-downloading it.

Tried again, and same issue: Takes a very long time to download and then right at end just hangs/does nothing!!!!!
zeph I've pmed you the details, let me know if you need anything else!
I'm getting the same issue here too, tried three times (with shutting down the DAW in between): Downloads fine (albeit slowly) but hangs right at the very end with my fan going rather crazy as if throttling the CPU (on the third occasion I played an hour or so of Doom whilst it was at that stage, returned back to Reaper and it was still doing nothing). Have 1.1Tb free so definitely enough space !

Could you PM me details too (or make them public for other folks to be able to fix as well?)
I've PMed you the details!

It's a niche issue, so we're trying to address it properly at the software level, and not stress the current system, that's the only reason we're serving the links privately :)

Thank you, much appreciated (though not sure where that PM went, don't have anything in my inbox :D )

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:05 pm
I've PMed you the details!

It's a niche issue, so we're trying to address it properly at the software level, and not stress the current system, that's the only reason we're serving the links privately :)
Would you please PM the details to me also (re: Friction) Thank you. Great app. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

You should both have it now, for some reason it stayed in the Outbox! Sorry about that.

I've also tried downloading the Friction pack, to no avail. Hangs every time. Please PM details on how to get it.

Oh, and I'm really enjoying Granulizer 2 :)

Cheers,
Chris

syncline wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:39 pm I've also tried downloading the Friction pack, to no avail. Hangs every time. Please PM details on how to get it.

Oh, and I'm really enjoying Granulizer 2 :)

Cheers,
Chris
Sent! Glad you like it :D

I'm having the same problem downloading the Friction pack. Could I also have the instructions on how to download this please?

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:07 pm You should both have it now, for some reason it stayed in the Outbox! Sorry about that.
Got it, thank you. Worked great. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Hi there, can I make an user request?
I'd like to be able to choose the number of voices (polyphony). That's a way to limit the CPU usage... I do this with Iris 2 (a true CPU hog), I limit its polyphony to 6 voices, and that worked great for me (it became playable on my computer, wasn't before that).
Thank you, I really enjoy Granulizer 2!

Sinisterbr wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:57 pm Hi there, can I make an user request?
I'd like to be able to choose the number of voices (polyphony). That's a way to limit the CPU usage... I do this with Iris 2 (a true CPU hog), I limit its polyphony to 6 voices, and that worked great for me (it became playable on my computer, wasn't before that).
Thank you, I really enjoy Granulizer 2!
Glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for the input, we're keeping note of everything you guys send us, so we can cater to what our community needs, along with our designs and ideas.

GRANULIZER 2, is pretty open in how "far" it can go, sort of like an processor that allows overclocking. We only put subtle warnings on what settings stress the CPU (you can see the SIZE and DENSITY knobs of the ENGINE change coloring when you move them to upper values).

But yes, we might need to put hard stops in the settings for such cases, as the one you mentioned. Plus we're always looking for new ways to optimize our engine, so each release will continue getting leaner on resources.

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:50 pm
WasteLand wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:38 pm

the download went very slow, and ended with "inst", so not installed, enough space (72gb), i shall try it again. but not today.. other things..

mainly i made my own presets.. if you load a sample via the icon, not drag & drop, didn't do drag & drop, my own sample, on a different harddrive.
i was surprised my presets weren't saved. i copied the sample to the data directory in the user folder (i guess you can make also your own folders, to structure it..), then it could be saved.

i lost 2 presets that way (i could have transferred the wav file while still in the DAW, user error, but still)... but i guess i managed to revive them, made more presets...

must map it, didn't notice until now, no modulation.. so automap, or nektar panaroma p1 or MCU (or and/and/and). so i can automate. no prob i like automation.

every plugin, has their own way of working with presets, in the end i can work with all.. why mention it? perhaps it can help..
We might need to reach out to you about this, thanks for bringing it up!
still problems with loading samples into Granulizer 2, they won't save, i must manually copy & paste the sample in the sample folder for users.

a bit of a workflow killer.

also, i prefer; user defined location for presets. i don't mind, that the preset folder also contains the samples. i organize them quite well, but still... to consolidate them, is in my view a good thing.

but 'consolidating' does not work... without that workaround..

Return to “Instruments”