Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

adamtrance wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:09 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:03 pm Thanks Adam. I don't remember what it was. LOL
"XMAS2020" :wink:
I'm downloading the demo just to make sure it works on my sometimes cranky machine.

Purchased. Looking forward to using this. Here's to a great 2021 for you Adam.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:00 pm Purchased. Looking forward to using this. Here's to a great 2021 for you Adam.
Thank you, I hope you will enjoy using it!
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

adamtrance wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:43 pm
Yim wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:06 pm If only I could get the Vengeance Incubation soundsets to work with Viper...
Those would most likely work since they were made with the Virus C as far as I know
I enjoyed using those when I had a virus.

I think if not loading them surely someone who has both a VC and Viper could re create those sounds. If I still had a virus I would have done this ages ago

discogsaddict wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:53 am
adamtrance wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:43 pm
Yim wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:06 pm If only I could get the Vengeance Incubation soundsets to work with Viper...
Those would most likely work since they were made with the Virus C as far as I know
I enjoyed using those when I had a virus.

I think if not loading them surely someone who has both a VC and Viper could re create those sounds. If I still had a virus I would have done this ages ago
The free soundbank for Viper by Daniel Craighead does just that:

https://www.adamszabo.com/soundbanks/da ... ad-trance/

lol, i thought, the sale would go till 6.1.21... my fault :)

The Signal System Soundbank By H.O For The Adam Szabo Viper Virtual Performance Synth

Many thanks to the Adam Szabo Viper team for this Virtual Performance Musical instrument.
The Adam Szabo Viper Musical Instrument is a new shining star in the synthesizer sky!

It is an intelligent machine made with the latest computer technology with human
mind and knowledge. With a lot of patience and hard work and love for music!
It's really fun to work with the Viper, absolutely user-friendly / clear graphical
User Interface / easy workflow / resizeable / great Modulation concept /
very good Sound Quality / Preset Browser System and much more.

Science Fiction - Soundbank Details

• Inside the Download: 1 Soundbank ' Signal System ' with 100 Presets
• Styles: Arpeggios - Basses - FX - Leads - Pads - Plucks - Sequences
• Genre - Ambient - Dance - Electro - EDM - Modern Synth Music
• Format: 1 Soundbank [*.FXB] & 12664 Wavetables [*.WAV]
• Sound Design by: H.O (from Sonic Sirius)
• Info: Read Me & Install PDF
• Release Date: January 2021
• File Size: 858 MB
• Price: Free - Gift

41 AR = Arpeggios / 02 BS = Basses / 10 FX = Effects / 09 KY = Keys /
08 LD = Leads / 06 PD = Pads / 01 PL = Plucks / 23 SQ = Sequences

Download - Link (858 MB / RAR 485 MB)

The Signal System Soundset By H.O For The Adam Szabo - Viper Virtual Performance Synth
http://ohlenbostelhelge.magix.net/public/misc.htm

KVR
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/the-si ... nic-sirius

I wish you all a merry and happy new year with nice music.
Last edited by Future1313 on Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plrdmus wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:33 am
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:05 pm
plrdmus wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:22 am
Amram wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:40 pm discoDsp Discovery Po can load nord lead 2x patches.
Discovery filter is very inaccurate though. I bet Viper filters sound way much better when compared.
They started out pretty inaccurate (but still good) and at some point he did an upgrade where they got much better. I compared it to my 2x and they were identical, except the aliasing on the hardware was noticeable. When I turned off the oversampling they were indistinguishable for the most part and the 2x went up for sale.
Well, this is what happened with Discovery. Not sure if they've made any significant changes since this was uploaded, but sounds really off
https://soundcloud.com/aaronmarshall/no ... -disco-dsp

But I'd bet that Viper will sound way much better compared to its counterpart.
Anyways, I'd still love to see a "legacy mode" that matches the filter even closer, even if it takes extra cpu. Just in case.
It doesn't sound accurate at all, even today. I've previously owned an NL2 and it actually sounded much more analog than I expected, but with a digital bite. The only plugin I could think of that sounded like it was u-he Diva, except if it was more aggressive and with a more digital sheen. Whenever I hear Synth1 or DiscoDSP, I immediately think of a cheap synth plugin. Demos online don't really do justice as to how full and analog-sounding the NL2 really is in person.

Hopefully other developers will follow Adam's example and release their own takes on these early 2k virtual analogs because, as far as the Nords go and many others, there's nothing close that sounds like them.

Shiek927 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:57 am
It doesn't sound accurate at all, even today. I've previously owned an NL2 and it actually sounded much more analog than I expected, but with a digital bite. The only plugin I could think of that sounded like it was u-he Diva, except if it was more aggressive and with a more digital sheen. Whenever I hear Synth1 or DiscoDSP, I immediately think of a cheap synth plugin. Demos online don't really do justice as to how full and analog-sounding the NL2 really is in person.

Hopefully other developers will follow Adam's example and release their own takes on these early 2k virtual analogs because, as far as the Nords go and many others, there's nothing close that sounds like them.
Exactly.

Discovery barely sounds like NL2. Sounds way more harsh. Way more off. Even if it can read the parameters from the NL2... it has lots of differences.

But Viper does actually sound like VTI. Or... better.

plrdmus wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:19 am
Shiek927 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:57 am

Exactly.

Discovery barely sounds like NL2. Sounds way more harsh. Way more off. Even if it can read the parameters from the NL2... it has lots of differences.

But Viper does actually sound like VTI. Or... better.
I gotta admit, I'd never think I'd see the day I'd be making Virus-styled sounds with custom wavetables. That alone makes Viper a must-have for Virus owners imho

I missed sale. I want another license. What was the price after code was applied? Code does not work anymore ( This discount is expired. ).

The sale was 25% off so it was around 66€

Its worth the full price anyway. Most of the other synths i would consider rivals are much more expensive.

One request i have now.. I just picked up a Komplete Kontrol S Series keyboard and would love to see Viper get NKS support in the future :)

+1 for NKS with Maschine and Komplete Kontrol, I can see this bringing in more potential customers to Viper as well.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I'm impressed with that sound demo video, to say the least!! :love:

Return to “Instruments”