Sonic Academy ANA 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2

shonky wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:16 pm Started working on some patches for this today, saved the presets and when I reloaded it had reassigned half of the modulation sources to macros, totally losing the original patch.

Anyone else had this problem?

Hi! What version are you running (bottom right)

Are you able to replicate the bug or did it happen just once?

It's v2.0.94 and it's happened twice tonight. Investigated a bit further and it appears that the preset has actually saved ok, but I made a clip of a musical idea and saved it in Ableton Live (v10.1.25) using the preset and when I reloaded the clip, the parameters had changed. Managed to revert to the original preset but this is obviously going to be a bit problematic opening projects and importing clips.

For a bit more info, the patch seems to be recalled ok if saved within the Live set, just seems to be an issue with importing clips when ANA is used. I've taken some screengrabs so that you can see the issue from clip recall.

This was how the patch was initially saved:
As saved.PNG
And this is how it was recalled from the clip:
Recalled from clip.PNG
It actually looks like it's just randomised parameters on the second grab, not sure what's going on there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Awesome! Thanks for the info... we will get on this ASAP.

Thanks Phil, loving the synth hope you find the issue, let me know if you need any more help

shonky wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:20 pm Thanks Phil, loving the synth hope you find the issue, let me know if you need any more help

Cool Thanks! I’ll see if I can replicate on Monday if not I will get in touch!

Is there some trick to getting 3rd party wavetables to work correctly in ANA2? Ie, be able to morph through the waveshapes? For example I have Virus wavetables and others that work fine in Viper or Vital or other synths but when I load them in ANA2, they are static waveforms, they don't get the morph parameter.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks

Copy the wavetables to: ProgramData>Sonic Academy>ANA2>Waves>User>Main Osc>3D Wavetables should work..

AKoelewijn wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:01 pm Copy the wavetables to: ProgramData>Sonic Academy>ANA2>Waves>User>Main Osc>3D Wavetables should work..
Oh ok thanks, I'll try that. I thought we could point it to whatever path we wanted for user wavetables? Is that only trued for basic waveforms, not 3D wavetables?

I just came across ANA 2 late last year. Wow what a well thought out synth. Sounds great as well. It is perfectly suited for my particular work flow.

I do have a question. I have noticed that the square wave oscillator sounds clean at higher notes but as soon as you adjust the pulse width you can hear aliasing. I tried this on some other synths....some did some didn't.
My question....is this because ANA 2 is using wave tables to provide the changes in width?
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Just noticed a v2.0.97 update...
Release Notes:

v2.0.97

v2.0.97b
- FIXED: Preset ordering not being recalled
- FIXED: VST3 not outputting audio behaving oddly on Windows
- FIXED: Font scaling issue
- FIXED: Tooltip display bug on M1

v2.0.96b
- FIXED: AU / VST raising when MIDI Learn is assigned
- ADDED: GUI control expanded out - more assignment variables available within XML
- FIXED: GUI issue with factory skins missing on case sensitive hard drives
- ADDED: Presets can now save a specific skin for loading
- ADDED: Ability to recall preset skins
- UPDATED: JUCE Library to v6 - better support for Catalina and newer DAW releases
- ADDED: M1 Support for OSX
- ADDED: VST3 Support
- ADDED: Further GUI size options
- REMOVED: 32 Bit binary support on OSX
- ADDED: Convolution Reverb
- ADDED: Dual Stereo Delay

v2.0.94
- FIXED: Issue with Pro Tools crashing
- FIXED: Issue with MIDI learn causing a crash on GUI load

I didn't even know they made a VST3. Never saw the last update, thanks!

Referencing Anna wt

Hey ana 2 users, how is the update going? Have heard some positive things about ana but also bug reports. If I buy ana am I going to regret it because of bugs?

Moarphine wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:57 pm Hey ana 2 users, how is the update going? Have heard some positive things about ana but also bug reports. If I buy ana am I going to regret it because of bugs?
Not a buggy synth at all here on Win 7. The latest update adds some nice fx. The convolution reverb module acts as an general IR loader. I tried some speaker IRs today. Works great. So grateful for the dual delay.

The one issue I ran across today on 2.097 is that the new dual delay controls don't show up on my blue/black skin. This makes sense to me. They were not there when it was skinned. The stock black works fine.

I found the new kick waveforms very interesting.

You will not regret buying this. It is a real joy to use. Like TAL U no Lx on steroids.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Return to “Instruments”