Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:05 pm It's hard to find instances when Bones agrees with something :P
ain't that the truth. :clap:

ScrLk wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:58 pm 1.4 is still going to release much earlier than Zebra 3!
Yeah, but Zebra 3 will for sure have support for PolyAT and MPE and Breath Controller and Expression Pedal, a great Browser, MSEG's (per voice), support for mouse wheel and arrow keys, LFO Phase, direct automation of parameters, midi learn, user import of wavetables and user drawn waveforms.

MX currently has none of that and 1.4 will be lucky to add 1-2 of those things.

Jim Rosebrook wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:23 pm Massive X update will need to address the use of AVX for M1 compatibility....
One of the things I do like about Massive X is the CPU use is quite good on my computer. They did a good job with the AVX

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:59 pm
rezoneight wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:54 pmYou can do any wavetable sound with 2 basic oscillators and cross-mod....
I'd beg to differ. :)
I still can't understand why Massive X lost an oscillator and a filter from the original version. Such a shame!

Honestly what bugs me most about the design of both Massive and Massive X is the lack of deeper Panning control. On both, you can only pan the whole Amplifier, which means all Oscs together.

So many other synths (read: Serum, and more...) are designed such that it's dead-simple to Pan Osc A to the left, Osc B to the right... or any other spacing you'd desire. Massive and MX ? Not possible! I find that really, really obnoxious.

They definitely got their hands full bringing the Komplete suite to Apple Silicon. They're also converting their Reaktor based synths (Monark, TRk-01 etc etc) to VST3. That is also going to take time. I can see MX being on the back-burner for a while.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

mholloway wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:31 am Honestly what bugs me most about the design of both Massive and Massive X is the lack of deeper Panning control. On both, you can only pan the whole Amplifier, which means all Oscs together.

So many other synths (read: Serum, and more...) are designed such that it's dead-simple to Pan Osc A to the left, Osc B to the right... or any other spacing you'd desire. Massive and MX ? Not possible! I find that really, really obnoxious.
I'm not on my PC. But have you tried routing the Osc A and Osc B to different effects? Then modulating the pans on the effects.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

mholloway wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:31 am Honestly what bugs me most about the design of both Massive and Massive X is the lack of deeper Panning control. On both, you can only pan the whole Amplifier, which means all Oscs together.

Yep. It's incredibly useful and ultra-simple-to-implement feature that is not only useful for big lead/pad sounds but very very useful for non-music sound design.
I need it more than any other feature.

_leras wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:11 amI still can't understand why Massive X lost an oscillator and a filter from the original version. Such a shame!
Different goals in product design phase.
v1o wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:29 amThey're also converting their Reaktor based synths (Monark, TRk-01 etc etc) to VST3.
Only Super 8 got converted, this is not a guarantee that all the others will get the same treatment. Maybe, maybe not, it's anyone's guess.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:40 am
v1o wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:29 amThey're also converting their Reaktor based synths (Monark, TRk-01 etc etc) to VST3.
Only Super 8 got converted, this is not a guarantee that all the others will get the same treatment. Maybe, maybe not, it's anyone's guess.
I'd like Prism as a VST... Form too...

Hey, me too. :D And Razor and Monark...

I would like all Reaktor effects in AU/VST/AAX.

Pls gimme spacemaster 2 and all the old goodies + the new Reaktor blocks all of em thanks!! Once at it convert all the Guitar Rig elements too separately all the effects and modulators

That's a bit unrealistic :)

NI seems a bit backed up, wishful thinking their plugins will separate from Reaktor

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:30 pm That's a bit unrealistic :)
Yeah.. I know that very well haha. Still.. one can only dream.

Return to “Instruments”