Arturia V Collection 8 official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Analog Lab Pro Arturia Prophet VS Sound Library V Collection X

Dark Fiber wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:17 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:08 pm There is a sale on right now on individual instruments and effects. (50% off)

rsp
Analog lab V only 99,-

New users will get 2000 presets. Are those enough to justify 99,-?
I uninstalled lab V an hour after installing it. They've removed all the interesting parameters that were mapped to the controllers in the previous versions. Now all presets have the same generic parameters like a filter (brightness) and fx sends. You have very little sound shaping options now. It's basically a preset machine (which you also get less of with this version :dog: ).

m-ac wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:22 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:08 pm There is a sale on right now on individual instruments and effects. (50% off)

rsp
Analog lab V only 99,-

I uninstalled lab V an hour after installing it. They've removed all the interesting parameters that were mapped to the controllers in the previous versions. Now all presets have the same generic parameters like a filter (brightness) and fx sends. You have very little sound shaping options now. It's basically a preset machine (which you also get less of with this version :dog: ).
That sounds like a step back.
About the brightness/filter: is it a generic filter? Or the filter of the synth attached to the preset?

Dark Fiber wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:42 pm

rsp
Analog lab V only 99,-

That sounds like a step back.
About the brightness/filter: is it a generic filter? Or the filter of the synth attached to the preset?
I couldn't tell you tbh as I've uninstalled it. It certainly doesn't behave or sound the same as what would have been marked 'filter' in previous version though, at least not in most of the 100 or so presets I compared on 4 vs 5.

Edit: For the sake of fairness, it's still an awesome product. If you never edited the existing presets anyway, then yeah, you'll still be happy with it. It's ~2000 excellent sounding presets at the end of the day.

WasteLand wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:36 am
MBeeching wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:38 am
Gregwaah wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:29 pm I've just paid €29 for an upgrade to the Jup-8 v4 and I don't own the single plugin. I have V Collection 6, all fx and Pigments. Could not afford to upgrade to the latest collection and was really only excited about the new Jupiter. Very impressed with the new sound engine. A solid release.
Just noticed the Jup v4 upgrade option on my account, a couple of us had suggested making it available to VC owners so a very pleasant surprise. Much appreciated Arturia! :tu:
indeed it is a new possibility i saw, today, half price even, for jup-8 V4. for me €14. so no brainer. although vintage i still like, but o well, i still use it. started with arturia collection + korg collection + cubase.. EDIT: and thanks, i did notice it my account, and i saw it in this thread afterwards..

but strange, how are the upgrade prices calculated???

i own v collection 7, OB-Xa, and now also jup-8 V4. the intro price for upgrade to v collection 8 was €199, if you didn't own OB-Xa, €149 if you did own OB-Xa.

the price for upgrade, no sale now, €299 from v collection 7. is this still a price that include the OB-Xa? and what about the jup-8 V4? o well, 14 euro.. that's nothing.

the upgrade policy is becoming more strange. it was already strange.. or not that clear, what is tight together.

EDIT: i can upgrade from OB-Xa, JUP-8 V4, well not that strange (€499...), and i can upgrade from v collection 6... ánd 7 (from six €399! from 7 well i mentioned it already €299)

when the time comes, i will contact sale, or perhaps someone of arturia can clarify this.
i contacted at one moment arturia about my account, because i had and 9 effects and FX bundle. of course i knew they are tight together (is that the right expression'?), but afterwards, the edited my account, and now it states 9 effects can not be sold seperately, which was already the case, but not mentioned.

strange. of course, there is logic, but the native instruments is more logical than arturia...
Yeah I've picked it up during the sale. The new Jup licence appears to be standalone and my VC6-VC8 upgrade offer is unchanged at €/$349.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought that was the exact purpose of Analog Lab, a preset machine which is quick and simple to use with a common interface for 30 instruments (particularity aimed at playing live with its playlist support etc) to complement V collection which is for sound design.

tactile_coast wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:23 pm I thought that was the exact purpose of Analog Lab, a preset machine which is quick and simple to use with a common interface for 30 instruments (particularity aimed at playing live with its playlist support etc) to complement V collection which is for sound design.
Yeah, it was a preset machine which brought together all your v collection presets (if you own them), but it also used to have 8 creatively mapped macros, along with full filter and amp envelopes for every preset. A lot of the time you didn't need to open the full synth at all to get somewhere different with each sound.

As far as the live playlist concert feature or whatever it's called, it's not something I have ever or probably will ever use so I can't comment on that. It does look like that side of lab has improved with V5 though so maybe that's the direction they want to take it.

rsp
Analog lab V only 99,-

If I understood you correctly, yes, it is quite disappointing. AL4 was better in this regard. I sent a few bug reports to Arturia about AL5 parameter mapping issues, along with any KeyLab related issues, and they were able to reproduce them. I am hoping the next significant update (5.1?) would resolve them.

Does analog lab 5 Replace AL4 ?

MBeeching wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:56 pm Yeah I've picked it up during the sale. The new Jup licence appears to be standalone and my VC6-VC8 upgrade offer is unchanged at €/$349.
i made i mistake in my previous post, indeed, V6 upgrade offer is €349 (not €399).

V7 upgrade offer is €299.... while i have OB-Xa, was it one time only, is it now seperate?

i don't know if i acquire v 8, in a sale. de juno, vocoder are pretty nice.

the JUP-8 V4 upgrade, for €14, now! yes, was to tempting. and sounds pretty, or pretty, good.

(but i also love the sound of the Mini-V3.... so... i don't get sometimes, that people say it sounds thin, i don't doubt that they experience that way, my experience is different, perhaps i program it from scratch? it seems that i am not the only one that makes presets from scratch..
never needed EQ...)

but yes the upgrade to JUP-8 V4, for v collection 6/7 owners, is pretty nice, also the other one, that i don't use, does not fit my music, perhaps someday. i know how i work, i use all, but not at the same time..

WasteLand wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:02 am the JUP-8 V4 upgrade, for €14, now! yes, was to tempting. and sounds pretty, or pretty, good.
Where do you see €14? My JUP-8 V4 upgrade is still $/€29. Upgrades are not part of this offer AFAIK.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:30 am
WasteLand wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:02 am the JUP-8 V4 upgrade, for €14, now! yes, was to tempting. and sounds pretty, or pretty, good.
Where do you see €14? My JUP-8 V4 upgrade is still $/€29. Upgrades are not part of this offer AFAIK.
Same here. Stage-73 V2 upgrade also is 29.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:30 am
on checkout... €14,43... i bought it. so. order: €14.43... the upgrade via v collection 7, one instrument..

EDIT: the same for Stage-73 V2 (checked it, didn't buy it..)

:tu:

bill45 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:43 am Does analog lab 5 Replace AL4 ?
No, install alongside, thankfully.

Is an upgrade transferable btw? And is it tied to your V Collection license? Let's say I buy VC8 (full, not the upgrade from VC7) someday and I want to sell my VC7 and Stage-73 V2 upgrade. Can I sell these separately or do I have to sell them together? If possible to sell separately, I assume the Stage-73 V2 upgrade can only be sold to someone who has Stage-73 V or a VC that includes Stage-73 V.

Return to “Instruments”