Hive 2.1 public beta 01 revision 10837

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would it be possible to add a filter bypass option for the filter routing?

Thanks

[nx] wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:15 pm Would it be possible to add a filter bypass option for the filter routing?

Thanks
Filters can be bypassed already. An additional option would be redundant...

How

Using the bypass filter option...

(Where you also find the different filter modes)

but that isnt really the same as a direct out where an osc doesnt have to route through either of the filters.

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:53 am
Urs wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:10 am
In my opinion, a small but well picked collection gets people a lot further than huge collections
Completely agree. Quality, interesting wavetables is the key. :tu:
Which ones would you recommend?

Urs wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:25 pm (Where you also find the different filter modes)
Urs which is the best free txt editor for Uhm files and what is the most suitable wavetables for disco 80s analogish and synthwave type sounds

surreal wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:02 pm
In my opinion, a small but well picked collection gets people a lot further than huge collections
The ones with Hive :D Also Phaseplant and Pigments have nice wavetables too.

surreal wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:05 pm
Urs wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:25 pm (Where you also find the different filter modes)
Urs which is the best free txt editor for Uhm files and what is the most suitable wavetables for disco 80s analogish and synthwave type sounds
I don't think u-he has ever released a .uhm oriented IDE; so pretty much any text editor could do the job.

If you are a Windows user, notepad++ may be the most straightforward option.

Otherwise, sublime text and visual studio handle .uhm syntax highlighting.

Sublime text:
https://github.com/drzhnn/uhm-syntax-highlight

VSCode:
viewtopic.php?t=550177

If you are already used to consoles, you may also have a look at vim or join the church of emacs and make your own .uhm syntax highlighting extension in lisp 8).

Urs wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:10 am In the long run a dedicated browser would be favourable.

As Hive 2.1 will be a two-stage release (it will initially lack AAX support for Pro Tools on Mac due to Avid being behind in development, my hunch is iLok), there'll be a 2.1.1 update in a few months. I could try to indent folders and I could try to add, say, a normal file browser. A more comprehensive solution will take a lot of time to develop, and these resources won't be available until much later in our schedule.
Thanks, Urs. Indentation as suggested by PieBerger would be enough for me personally until a dedicated browser whenever. It would indicate relation to parent which is totally lost when flattened.

M1 :ud:

I'm using the factory tables from both Serum and Ableton's Wavetable, some freebies I got from Cymatics and Plugmon's Eclipse and Anthem tables the most, alongside Hive's excellent own offerings. I recently picked up some tables form Databroth too, which are really nice and I also have the Galbanum library, in wavetable format which works really nice with Hive's 2D scanning, much better than any other synth because they are quite busy and it's hard to hone it on sweet spots with only a single scanning direction.
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:25 pm
I'm using the factory tables from both Serum and Ableton's Wavetable, some freebies I got from Cymatics and Plugmon's Eclipse and Anthem tables the most, alongside Hive's excellent own offerings. I recently picked up some tables form Databroth too, which are really nice and I also have the Galbanum library, in wavetable format which works really nice with Hive's 2D scanning, much better than any other synth because they are quite busy and it's hard to hone it on sweet spots with only a single scanning direction.
Thank you for the recommendation PieBerger!

You can create Wavetables in Vital and DUNE 3 for use in Hive 2. The Vital text to speech wavetables work very well in Hive. :tu:

(looks like the auto link function has been removed at least on this sub-forum and at the time of this post).
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “u-he”