11.5 is up

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:23 pm
pogile wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:12 pm You just want to argue with other people's opinions.
That's disingenuous bollocks and you know it. From the start, I was arguing with you pretending that what was merely your opinion was somehow insight into a whole swathe of other people's needs.

As for your 'opinion' itself, it was ignorant of multiple facts, including you suggesting something was a free plugin, when in fact it which needs a £200 plugin to be useable, to the reality of 'free' distribution, to ignoring the inclusion of a 500Mb piano library and more than 100Mb of mixed drum and percussion libraries with Collective, which comes with any of the paid versions of Waveform. But you have at it with gusto, anyway, champ.
I'm developer since 1991. And i like when users tell me what they want from my software. But any idea can be killed by such reasoning as yours.

pogile wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:51 pm I'm developer since 1991. And i like when users tell me what they want from my software. But any idea can be killed by such reasoning as yours.
Its not about ideas, its about you repeatedly bullshitting that your individual opinion was somehow reflective of anyone other than you.

Interesting that you keep ignoring the fact that Collective already delivers what you were asking for, though. Does your inability to reason that what you asked for is already redundant kill your 'idea' too?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:29 pm
pogile wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:51 pm I'm developer since 1991. And i like when users tell me what they want from my software. But any idea can be killed by such reasoning as yours.
Its not about ideas, its about you repeatedly bullshitting that your individual opinion was somehow reflective of anyone other than you.
First. I'm trying to stay polite.
Second. I never said that I was speaking on behalf of other users.
pogile wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:46 pm ... but if we're all will keep silence - who will tell developers what users want? I'm just one of those users.
I repeat - I just one of those users.
Two users (me and spoontechnique) told, that this will be not bad idea...
whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:29 pm Interesting that you keep ignoring the fact that Collective already delivers what you were asking for, though. Does your inability to reason that what you asked for is already redundant kill your 'idea' too?
I was talking about a free starter kit for songwriters. And I just don't understand why you are so against it?
Yes, they may need to invest money to make this addition, but I don't think it will be that expensive. And this may increase their user base, which can potentially buy the paid version and products.
Let's stop this dispute here. I said my opinion, you said yours. I think this is starting to annoy others.

It was long enough ago I started (with T3), but I think it used to come with a few basics to get you going - MDA Piano, a really simplistic synth or two. Don't remember if there was a "basic" 808 or other drumkit.

Unfortunately 4OSC, while a capable synth, doesn't have a great many "beginner/simplistic" patches to get you going, and there really isn't a usable piano patch in the default set. Organ, synth brass, strings, and flute are about it.

Either a few basic instruments, or pointers on finding/installing Keyzone and MT PowerDrumkit would make it easier for those just starting out.

Once you upgrade to the paid version, yes then you have Collective to give you a pretty wide pallette to work with.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Finally installed on my MacBook 10.11.6 (I know, I know). Working good, but the cursor is broke, it defaults as the range cursor and doesn't drag when you press CTRL to get the normal cursor, even when set correctly in the settings.

Kang wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:41 am Finally installed on my MacBook 10.11.6 (I know, I know). Working good, but the cursor is broke, it defaults as the range cursor and doesn't drag when you press CTRL to get the normal cursor, even when set correctly in the settings.
It’s Option to get the arrow cursor when in the I-beam cursor mode.

gigazaga wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:39 pm
Kang wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:41 am Finally installed on my MacBook 10.11.6 (I know, I know). Working good, but the cursor is broke, it defaults as the range cursor and doesn't drag when you press CTRL to get the normal cursor, even when set correctly in the settings.
It’s Option to get the arrow cursor when in the I-beam cursor mode.
My bad, that's right. But how do I get out of I-beam cursor mode?

So I found the 'toggle drag to draw marked region', which does what I need, but I had to set it as my own key-command to run it. It's still weird to me that it would install this way, but maybe it's on my end.

Kang wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:28 pm So I found the 'toggle drag to draw marked region', which does what I need, but I had to set it as my own key-command to run it. It's still weird to me that it would install this way, but maybe it's on my end.
In Settings>General>Mouse there are three options to choose between drag to draw marked region, drag to select, or the traditional mode of dragging the cursor. You can set the start up default there. I’m not sure which is the installation default. I use that “toggle drag to draw marked region” shortcut to switch modes depending on what I am working on.

I know about the stuff in the settings, the problem was that the 'toggle to draw marked region' was already toggled on, and there's no setting for that. I don't use the range tool yet so I had no idea that feature (the toggle part) existed. It wasn't until I scoured the key-commands that I figured it out and un-stuck myself from I-beam mode. It might be on my end, but it was a brand new first time install and the key-command wasn't set to anything yet, so I don't think I could have accidently pushed it. I could definitely see it confusing others.

Just upgraded from 11.1 (I think; version from last year anyway) to 11.5. Seems to be the same (except from a welcome screen and a significantly longer startup time). One mayor issue though: a bunch of plugins show up with "plugin not found". If I right-click and go through my plugins I can find the actual plugin where it always was, and replace it successfully. The downside is obvious that now this plugin is reverted to it's default settings.
Am I the only one with this issue? Is there a way to replace a non-found plugin for it's identical found version while maintaining it's settings?

stuffkikker wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:02 pm Just upgraded from 11.1 (I think; version from last year anyway) to 11.5. Seems to be the same (except from a welcome screen and a significantly longer startup time). One mayor issue though: a bunch of plugins show up with "plugin not found". If I right-click and go through my plugins I can find the actual plugin where it always was, and replace it successfully. The downside is obvious that now this plugin is reverted to it's default settings.
Am I the only one with this issue? Is there a way to replace a non-found plugin for it's identical found version while maintaining it's settings?
Are you on an M1 mac? Since Waveform is now M1 native it will no longer see your VST plugins that are Intel only. Get Info on the Waveform icon, enable Rosetta mode and then you'll be able to see your Intel VST plugins again.

Here's a weird one. Maybe someone can confirm this, or explain it to me.

This seems to be in regards to automation only (that I can tell so far). If you set the I/O markers with the "set loop to range" command. It will not "copy marked region to clipboard" (in the automation properties or CTRL+C) correctly . It actually copies what the I/O markers were set to previously. If you set the I/O markers manually it works normally. You don't seem to be able to copy automation with the range selection (highlighted or otherwise).

The other thing is if you select two automation curves on different tracks and then copy them, it copies/pastes both the tracks, but it pastes the same automation curve to both tracks.

In testing I found that actions like "delete marked section of selected clip" actually work normally, but with both the range selection AND the I/O markers, giving priority to the range selection. Perhaps automation should be like this, also factoring highlighted parts of the range selection (like copying clips) so that you could selectively copy automation curves from multiple tracks at once.

I'm using version 11.5.2 on Windows 10 and notice that Waveform is not bringing dialogs to the top anymore. If I have a plug-in window open and exit Waveform, the "Save or Discard changes" dialog is hidden beneath the plug-in window. This looks like the program is hung until you realize that it is waiting for input.

Also, if I switch to a different Window from Waveform (say my internet browser), the open plug-in is still shown on the new Window.

I think the actual problem is that open plug-ins are always drawn on top of everything else and do not respect child window attributes.

Anyone else seeing this?

edit: a separate problem with Reason Rack Plugin seems to have resolved itself.

JamminFool wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:41 am I'm using version 11.5.2 on Windows 10 and notice that Waveform is not bringing dialogs to the top anymore. If I have a plug-in window open and exit Waveform, the "Save or Discard changes" dialog is hidden beneath the plug-in window. This looks like the program is hung until you realize that it is waiting for input.
Sandboxed plugins are in a separate process and are pretty much not a child of Waveform so they don't obey the rules you're expecting.

My recommendation for sandboxing:
Leave sandboxing on. Turn off sandboxing for all individual plugins except in cases where you know there is a problem.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Return to “Tracktion”