Gforce Software, something new is on its way...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oberheim OB-E

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:29 pm
JoeCat wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:23 pm Still seems the majority of us are not upset that it is a Mac only release...
Define "us." Us as in Mac users? Yeah, probably not. "Us" as in KVR members? Uh, no...seems like the majority of KVR users in this thread are quite peeved. "Us" as in potential customers? I'd venture to guess PC users still make up the majority. Or "us" as in people who saw the price and said, "nah...not even gonna bother regardless of the platform?" :lol:
“Us” as in KVR - and yeah, quite peeved; but IMHO mostly cause of the hype : transparency ratio.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:12 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:10 pm So the company just kinda manages software developers? Seems weird. Does all of their software synths have a different sound and functionality due to being developed by different people? Seems like most plugin companies have a sort of signature sound from being developed by the same person/people.
It's not about people/developers at all, it's about the algorithms. :)
Yes but different people/developers create different algorithms that sound different. I don't think I'm understanding your point.

Raddler1 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:44 pm
Raddler1 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:38 pm
Raddler1 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:27 pm WOW! This thing sounds incredible! Very impressed. It's price reflects it's quality.
Has it an onboard delay?

They can still turn this screw up into a positive. They just added about 20 videos to their youtube channel, they should add one more called "We f**ked up", apologize to Widows users (I'm saying this as a very happy Mac user), and provide periodic updates on the progress of the Windows version. Boom, Windows peeps re-engaged, butts unhurt, future income coming in.

yes, onboard delay
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

I’m not mad that it’s Mac only, I’m mad that it’s Mac only and they kept that a secret until release day because they clearly just wanted more buzz and excitement and didn’t mind disappointing 60+% of their potential market. The truth is, I have bx_oberhausen, Obsession, OB-Xa V and OP-X Pro II, Syntronik SAM and OXa, not to mention a SEM clone filter in my ATC-X. I’ve got more than enough access to that sound, but I like variety and I like(d) GForce as a company. The decision to ignore more than have the market... it’s just plain bizarro. The decision to ignore more than half the market and hide that until release day... that’s just sh!tty.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

trackbout wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:19 pm They can still turn this screw up into a positive.
“Windows users will be delighted to learn they can save £125”

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

trackbout wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:19 pm They can still turn this screw up into a positive. They just added about 20 videos to their youtube channel, they should add one more called "We f**ked up", apologize to Widows users (I'm saying this as a very happy Mac user), and provide periodic updates on the progress of the Windows version. Boom, Windows peeps re-engaged, butts unhurt, future income coming in.
An apology would be the last thing I'd ask for. A commitment to future Windows development would be much better.

What I rather shake my head about is how you can make such business decisions though.
Last edited by chk071 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

briefcasemanx wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:13 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:12 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:10 pm So the company just kinda manages software developers? Seems weird. Does all of their software synths have a different sound and functionality due to being developed by different people? Seems like most plugin companies have a sort of signature sound from being developed by the same person/people.
It's not about people/developers at all, it's about the algorithms. :)
Yes but different people/developers create different algorithms that sound different. I don't think I'm understanding your point.
are you sure you'd want a signature sound across emulations of different companies synths?

different with companies like uhe or ni,where the overall range isn't emulations.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:26 pm
trackbout wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:19 pm They can still turn this screw up into a positive.
“Windows users will be delighted to learn they can save £125”
Haha 👏🏼
chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:27 pm
trackbout wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:19 pm They can still turn this screw up into a positive. They just added about 20 videos to their youtube channel, they should add one more called "We f**ked up", apologize to Widows users (I'm saying this as a very happy Mac user), and provide periodic updates on the progress of the Windows version. Boom, Windows peeps re-engaged, butts unhurt, future income coming in.
An apology would be the last thing I'd ask for. A commitment to future Windows development would be much better.
You'd be surprised how much PR good an apology can do, even if not everyone feels they need one, I think some people feel they do from the wind up.

I only can speak for myself, but, there's absolutely zero reason for me to apologize for a business decision. On the other hand, an odd business decision won't save you from discussions about it. :P

Really, there has been nothing taken from people who didn't spend any money. On the other hand, it's just not understandable how you can exclude such a large portion of the market.

If anything, they hurt themselves. Makes me wonder if this is really their day job, or if they already swim in money, and this is merely a hobby, or pastime for them.

trackbout wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:30 pm You'd be surprised how much PR good an apology can do, even if not everyone feels they need one, I think some people feel they do from the wind up.
Yep, one of the most important lessons I ever learned (starting as a pizza delivery guy in university) - it's surprisingly easy to turn a negative into actually a pretty big positive with some honesty, apology, and maybe a little bonus for waiting... I'm not super at people skills, but even I have had a lot of success in life & career with this approach...

an apology implies you are wrong....

just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it's wrong

maybe start a petition?

JoeCat wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:11 pm
JoeCat wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:23 pm Still seems the majority of us are not upset that it is a Mac only release...
Define "us." Us as in Mac users? Yeah, probably not. "Us" as in KVR members? Uh, no...seems like the majority of KVR users in this thread are quite peeved. "Us" as in potential customers? I'd venture to guess PC users still make up the majority. Or "us" as in people who saw the price and said, "nah...not even gonna bother regardless of the platform?" :lol:
“Us” as in KVR - and yeah, quite peeved; but IMHO mostly cause of the hype : transparency ratio.
Right. I’d love to buy the Pulsar Modular 900 series plugin, but it’s AU only. I’m not mad at them for it, because they’re up front about that and always have been. GForce has always developed for Windows, so to take this turn was obviously going to be unexpected, so to not mention it, (“Mac users are going to have a surprise soon!”) is poor form. I don’t think later developing a PC version is going to repair all the ill will they’ve accumulated on this one.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:40 pm
JoeCat wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:11 pm
Right. I’d love to buy the Pulsar Modular 900 series plugin, but it’s AU only. I’m not mad at them for it, because they’re up front about that and always have been. GForce has always developed for Windows, so to take this turn was obviously going to be unexpected, so to not mention it, (“Mac users are going to have a surprise soon!”) is poor form. I don’t think later developing a PC version is going to repair all the ill will they’ve accumulated on this one.
And the price of that 900 series plugin is $400 now too...

Edit: $499 :dog:

Return to “Instruments”