Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRAF
4913 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:29 am

dpereira44 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:04 am
Any good soul willing to spare a 25$ voucher? PM-me :)
February voucher are no longer valid and March voucher will come, well, in March.
Last edited by martinjuenke on Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KVRist
137 posts since 19 Aug, 2020

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:42 am

Can I combine a $25 voucher with the $29 voucher? Then I need a voucher, too. :D It won't work, right?

User avatar
KVRian
1344 posts since 14 Apr, 2016 from Germany

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:01 am

wangeroge wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:42 am
Can I combine a $25 voucher with the $29 voucher? Then I need a voucher, too. :D It won't work, right?
Do you see the post above your post? That's your answer.
Image
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

User avatar
KVRist
56 posts since 16 Feb, 2013

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:20 am

Would anyone have an unnecessary APD $10 voucher lying around which will not be used?

Please PM if you'd be willing to give it away! Thank you!

KVRian
792 posts since 30 Nov, 2011

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:27 am

Dirtgrain wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:16 pm
Anyone know what the lowest price has been for Tone2 Icarus2? It's on sale right now, but only for $30 off, at $169.
It was half-price around Black Friday, but you had to be subscribed to their newsletter to receive some offers.

User avatar
KVRist
56 posts since 16 Feb, 2013

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:34 am

oneshotdeal wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:02 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:09 am
Talking about Addictive Drums 2 Custom, I am looking at the following options. I already have the Vintage Dry ADpak.

ADpak 1: United Pop (confirmed)
ADpak 2: Indie or Black Oyster
ADpak 3: Fairfax Vol. 1 or Fairfax Vol. 2 or Modern Soul And R&B

For 2nd and 3rd selection, any recommendations based on the above listed ADpaks? Trying to cover as much ground as possible without going for any more ADpaks or going for Custom XL.

Also, any suggestions on what MIDIpaks to choose for the above ADpaks would be helpful. Should I just select the MIDIpaks that are made to compliment these ADpaks?
Definitely Modern Soul, it's one of the very best ADpaks. Indie would be my 2nd fav of the ones you mentioned, but if it's about covering more ground, go for Black Oyster (grittier) or Fairfax 2 (cleaner) for more heavy stuff.
+1 for Modern Soul & R&B and Indie. If it doesn't break the bank going Custom XL is highly recommended. Nothing wrong with Custom if you already know you won't be needing (read: wanting) more ADpaks (which you will, haha!).

I've understood XLN does not offer ADpak bundles or other multi-ADpak deals (which kind of sucks, but then again business strategies and cost-effectiveness), and you can't re-buy the Custom bundle once you have bought into AD2, so having the options to add ADpaks later is a great thing. I might be wrong, though, so if someone has 1st hand info, please let us know. But the thing is you don't have to decide all 3/6 at once, so having a couple of extra "slots" for later, for example for upcoming ADpaks, might be great. If you think of the price difference you get it in ADpak savings. An no, I'm not affiliated with XLN, although I do love their stuff. :D

Edit: I might actually have this wrong, and you only can't buy it two times directly from them - but - they have ADpak Bundles nowadays, yay! I'm not however sure what's the deal with ADC's bought from resellers, so could somebody in the know maybe confirm this?
Last edited by InkSFX on Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRist
413 posts since 18 Apr, 2010

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:24 am

InkSFX wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:34 am
oneshotdeal wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:02 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:09 am
Talking about Addictive Drums 2 Custom, I am looking at the following options. I already have the Vintage Dry ADpak.

ADpak 1: United Pop (confirmed)
ADpak 2: Indie or Black Oyster
ADpak 3: Fairfax Vol. 1 or Fairfax Vol. 2 or Modern Soul And R&B

For 2nd and 3rd selection, any recommendations based on the above listed ADpaks? Trying to cover as much ground as possible without going for any more ADpaks or going for Custom XL.

Also, any suggestions on what MIDIpaks to choose for the above ADpaks would be helpful. Should I just select the MIDIpaks that are made to compliment these ADpaks?
Definitely Modern Soul, it's one of the very best ADpaks. Indie would be my 2nd fav of the ones you mentioned, but if it's about covering more ground, go for Black Oyster (grittier) or Fairfax 2 (cleaner) for more heavy stuff.
+1 for Modern Soul, R&B and Indie. If it doesn't break the bank going Custom XL is highly recommended. Nothing wrong with Custom if you already know you won't be needing (read: wanting) more ADpaks (which you will, haha!).

I've understood XLN does not offer ADpak bundles or other multi-ADpak deals (which kind of sucks, but then again business strategies and cost-effectiveness), and you can't re-buy the Custom bundle once you have bought into AD2, so having the options to add ADpaks later is a great thing. I might be wrong, though, so if someone has 1st hand info, please let us know. But the thing is you don't have to decide all 3/6 at once, so having a couple of extra "slots" for later, for example for upcoming ADpaks, might be great. If you think of the price difference you get it in ADpak savings. An no, I'm not affiliated with XLN, although I do love their stuff. :D

Edit: I might actually have this wrong, and you only can't buy it two times directly from them - but - they have ADpak Bundles nowadays, yay! I'm not however sure what's the deal with ADC's bought from resellers, so could somebody in the know maybe confirm this?
You can add custom bundles from resellers exactly the same way as you would if purchased from XLN directly.

User avatar
KVRAF
5016 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:46 am

wangeroge wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:42 am
Can I combine a $25 voucher with the $29 voucher? Then I need a voucher, too. :D It won't work, right?
Even if it was still usable, it wouldn't work because:
Minimum Order Value
Your $25 voucher will require a minimum order of $32 - this means that your net shopping cart subtotal has to be $32 or more before you can successfully apply the voucher.

User avatar
KVRist
137 posts since 19 Aug, 2020

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:02 am

e@rs wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:46 am
Even if it was still usable, it wouldn't work because:
Minimum Order Value
Your $25 voucher will require a minimum order of $32 - this means that your net shopping cart subtotal has to be $32 or more before you can successfully apply the voucher.
I wanted to buy two. Too bad.

User avatar
KVRAF
2289 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:27 am

wangeroge wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:02 am
e@rs wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:46 am
Even if it was still usable, it wouldn't work because:
Minimum Order Value
Your $25 voucher will require a minimum order of $32 - this means that your net shopping cart subtotal has to be $32 or more before you can successfully apply the voucher.
I wanted to buy two. Too bad.
The offer is only for one not two.

User avatar
KVRAF
1937 posts since 12 Jan, 2019

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:31 am

Ryan99 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:27 am
Dirtgrain wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:16 pm
Anyone know what the lowest price has been for Tone2 Icarus2? It's on sale right now, but only for $30 off, at $169.
It was half-price around Black Friday, but you had to be subscribed to their newsletter to receive some offers.
Thank you. I'll keep an eye out then--or wait till Thanksgiving.
"Have you ever noticed how anyone driving faster than you is a [jerk] and anyone driving slower than you is a moron?" - George Carlin

User avatar
KVRAF
3517 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:06 am

InkSFX wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:34 am
oneshotdeal wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:02 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:09 am
Talking about Addictive Drums 2 Custom, I am looking at the following options. I already have the Vintage Dry ADpak.

ADpak 1: United Pop (confirmed)
ADpak 2: Indie or Black Oyster
ADpak 3: Fairfax Vol. 1 or Fairfax Vol. 2 or Modern Soul And R&B

For 2nd and 3rd selection, any recommendations based on the above listed ADpaks? Trying to cover as much ground as possible without going for any more ADpaks or going for Custom XL.

Also, any suggestions on what MIDIpaks to choose for the above ADpaks would be helpful. Should I just select the MIDIpaks that are made to compliment these ADpaks?
Definitely Modern Soul, it's one of the very best ADpaks. Indie would be my 2nd fav of the ones you mentioned, but if it's about covering more ground, go for Black Oyster (grittier) or Fairfax 2 (cleaner) for more heavy stuff.
+1 for Modern Soul, R&B and Indie. If it doesn't break the bank going Custom XL is highly recommended. Nothing wrong with Custom if you already know you won't be needing (read: wanting) more ADpaks (which you will, haha!).

I've understood XLN does not offer ADpak bundles or other multi-ADpak deals (which kind of sucks, but then again business strategies and cost-effectiveness), and you can't re-buy the Custom bundle once you have bought into AD2, so having the options to add ADpaks later is a great thing. I might be wrong, though, so if someone has 1st hand info, please let us know. But the thing is you don't have to decide all 3/6 at once, so having a couple of extra "slots" for later, for example for upcoming ADpaks, might be great. If you think of the price difference you get it in ADpak savings. An no, I'm not affiliated with XLN, although I do love their stuff. :D

Edit: I might actually have this wrong, and you only can't buy it two times directly from them - but - they have ADpak Bundles nowadays, yay! I'm not however sure what's the deal with ADC's bought from resellers, so could somebody in the know maybe confirm this?
Thanks, I get your point. It is indeed an excellent deal with Custom XL and would be nice to have some extra ADpaks. But right now I can only afford the Custom bundle. I also already have one ADpak (Vintage Dry), so I will end up with 4 ADpaks after getting Custom.

By the way, do you mean we can't buy a Custom bundle twice? I was actually thinking of buying it now and get 3 ADpaks with the consideration that if at all needed, I can buy one more Custom bundle when I have the money during future sales to get 3 more ADpaks. Isn't it possible?

I wonder who buys single ADpaks or ADpak bundles if the above is possible, considering it's so much cheaper to buy AD2 Custom/XL bundles instead during sales.

@oneshotdeal: Would like to know your thought as well, as I think I might not have understood your comment above clearly.

User avatar
KVRist
56 posts since 16 Feb, 2013

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:30 am

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:06 am
InkSFX wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:34 am

+1 for Modern Soul, R&B and Indie. If it doesn't break the bank going Custom XL is highly recommended. Nothing wrong with Custom if you already know you won't be needing (read: wanting) more ADpaks (which you will, haha!).

I've understood XLN does not offer ADpak bundles or other multi-ADpak deals (which kind of sucks, but then again business strategies and cost-effectiveness), and you can't re-buy the Custom bundle once you have bought into AD2, so having the options to add ADpaks later is a great thing. I might be wrong, though, so if someone has 1st hand info, please let us know. But the thing is you don't have to decide all 3/6 at once, so having a couple of extra "slots" for later, for example for upcoming ADpaks, might be great. If you think of the price difference you get it in ADpak savings. An no, I'm not affiliated with XLN, although I do love their stuff. :D

Edit: I might actually have this wrong, and you only can't buy it two times directly from them - but - they have ADpak Bundles nowadays, yay! I'm not however sure what's the deal with ADC's bought from resellers, so could somebody in the know maybe confirm this?
Thanks, I get your point. It is indeed an excellent deal with Custom XL and would be nice to have some extra ADpaks. But right now I can only afford the Custom bundle. I also already have one ADpak (Vintage Dry), so I will end up with 4 ADpaks after getting Custom.

By the way, do you mean we can't buy a Custom bundle twice? I was actually thinking of buying it now and get 3 ADpaks with the consideration that if at all needed, I can buy one more Custom bundle when I have the money during future sales to get 3 more ADpaks. Isn't it possible?

I wonder who buys single ADpaks or ADpak bundles if the above is possible, considering it's so much cheaper to buy AD2 Custom/XL bundles instead during sales.

@oneshotdeal: Would like to know your thought as well, as I think I might not have understood your comment above clearly.
Yeah, I was in the same situation as you when I got AD2, and got the basic Custom bundle, which is nothing but awesome, too!

TBH I don't know what the current policy is since XLN has their own ADpak bundles for sale. But as @oneshotdeal wrote getting another from a reseller will work? Before they had ADpak bundles you could not not buy another AD2 Custom products from XLN directly if you had already bought and registered one. I had understood this applied also to a second one bought from a reseller. Would be nice to get a confirmation to this since tempted to get one now, too! :lol: So waiting to oneshotdeal's answer as well.

KVRist
413 posts since 18 Apr, 2010

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:19 pm

I bought 2 custom bundles on JRR during this sale and also 2 in the past. You get a serial you can add to your XLN account and it's just like buying a new custom pack, e.g. you get to select 3 of everything at any time.

KVRist
366 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Sacramento, CA

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:06 pm

I actually wrote to XLN several years ago and confirmed that yes, you can buy the Custom bundle (or any similar bundles) from third-party retailers and then register them in your XLN account even if you already own Addictive Drums, and you'll get to select all the ADpaks and such just as you'd expect. I don't have any reason to believe they've changed that since then. I don't know why they don't allow you to buy it that way directly from them as well, but they never have. Shrug.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”