Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wangeroge wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:42 pm Can I combine a $25 voucher with the $29 voucher? Then I need a voucher, too. :D It won't work, right?
Do you see the post above your post? That's your answer.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Would anyone have an unnecessary APD $10 voucher lying around which will not be used?

Please PM if you'd be willing to give it away! Thank you!

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:16 am Anyone know what the lowest price has been for Tone2 Icarus2? It's on sale right now, but only for $30 off, at $169.
It was half-price around Black Friday, but you had to be subscribed to their newsletter to receive some offers.

oneshotdeal wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:02 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:09 pm Talking about Addictive Drums 2 Custom, I am looking at the following options. I already have the Vintage Dry ADpak.

ADpak 1: United Pop (confirmed)
ADpak 2: Indie or Black Oyster
ADpak 3: Fairfax Vol. 1 or Fairfax Vol. 2 or Modern Soul And R&B

For 2nd and 3rd selection, any recommendations based on the above listed ADpaks? Trying to cover as much ground as possible without going for any more ADpaks or going for Custom XL.

Also, any suggestions on what MIDIpaks to choose for the above ADpaks would be helpful. Should I just select the MIDIpaks that are made to compliment these ADpaks?
Definitely Modern Soul, it's one of the very best ADpaks. Indie would be my 2nd fav of the ones you mentioned, but if it's about covering more ground, go for Black Oyster (grittier) or Fairfax 2 (cleaner) for more heavy stuff.
+1 for Modern Soul & R&B and Indie. If it doesn't break the bank going Custom XL is highly recommended. Nothing wrong with Custom if you already know you won't be needing (read: wanting) more ADpaks (which you will, haha!).

I've understood XLN does not offer ADpak bundles or other multi-ADpak deals (which kind of sucks, but then again business strategies and cost-effectiveness), and you can't re-buy the Custom bundle once you have bought into AD2, so having the options to add ADpaks later is a great thing. I might be wrong, though, so if someone has 1st hand info, please let us know. But the thing is you don't have to decide all 3/6 at once, so having a couple of extra "slots" for later, for example for upcoming ADpaks, might be great. If you think of the price difference you get it in ADpak savings. An no, I'm not affiliated with XLN, although I do love their stuff. :D

Edit: I might actually have this wrong, and you only can't buy it two times directly from them - but - they have ADpak Bundles nowadays, yay! I'm not however sure what's the deal with ADC's bought from resellers, so could somebody in the know maybe confirm this?
Last edited by InkSFX on Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InkSFX wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:34 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:09 pm Talking about Addictive Drums 2 Custom, I am looking at the following options. I already have the Vintage Dry ADpak.

For 2nd and 3rd selection, any recommendations based on the above listed ADpaks? Trying to cover as much ground as possible without going for any more ADpaks or going for Custom XL.

Also, any suggestions on what MIDIpaks to choose for the above ADpaks would be helpful. Should I just select the MIDIpaks that are made to compliment these ADpaks?
Definitely Modern Soul, it's one of the very best ADpaks. Indie would be my 2nd fav of the ones you mentioned, but if it's about covering more ground, go for Black Oyster (grittier) or Fairfax 2 (cleaner) for more heavy stuff.
+1 for Modern Soul, R&B and Indie. If it doesn't break the bank going Custom XL is highly recommended. Nothing wrong with Custom if you already know you won't be needing (read: wanting) more ADpaks (which you will, haha!).

I've understood XLN does not offer ADpak bundles or other multi-ADpak deals (which kind of sucks, but then again business strategies and cost-effectiveness), and you can't re-buy the Custom bundle once you have bought into AD2, so having the options to add ADpaks later is a great thing. I might be wrong, though, so if someone has 1st hand info, please let us know. But the thing is you don't have to decide all 3/6 at once, so having a couple of extra "slots" for later, for example for upcoming ADpaks, might be great. If you think of the price difference you get it in ADpak savings. An no, I'm not affiliated with XLN, although I do love their stuff. :D

Edit: I might actually have this wrong, and you only can't buy it two times directly from them - but - they have ADpak Bundles nowadays, yay! I'm not however sure what's the deal with ADC's bought from resellers, so could somebody in the know maybe confirm this?
You can add custom bundles from resellers exactly the same way as you would if purchased from XLN directly.

wangeroge wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:42 pm Can I combine a $25 voucher with the $29 voucher? Then I need a voucher, too. :D It won't work, right?
Even if it was still usable, it wouldn't work because:
Minimum Order Value
Your $25 voucher will require a minimum order of $32 - this means that your net shopping cart subtotal has to be $32 or more before you can successfully apply the voucher.

e@rs wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:46 pm Even if it was still usable, it wouldn't work because:
Minimum Order Value
Your $25 voucher will require a minimum order of $32 - this means that your net shopping cart subtotal has to be $32 or more before you can successfully apply the voucher.
I wanted to buy two. Too bad.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

wangeroge wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:02 pm
e@rs wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:46 pm Even if it was still usable, it wouldn't work because:
Minimum Order Value
I wanted to buy two. Too bad.
The offer is only for one not two.

Ryan99 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:27 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:16 am Anyone know what the lowest price has been for Tone2 Icarus2? It's on sale right now, but only for $30 off, at $169.
It was half-price around Black Friday, but you had to be subscribed to their newsletter to receive some offers.
Thank you. I'll keep an eye out then--or wait till Thanksgiving.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

+1 for Modern Soul, R&B and Indie. If it doesn't break the bank going Custom XL is highly recommended. Nothing wrong with Custom if you already know you won't be needing (read: wanting) more ADpaks (which you will, haha!).

Thanks, I get your point. It is indeed an excellent deal with Custom XL and would be nice to have some extra ADpaks. But right now I can only afford the Custom bundle. I also already have one ADpak (Vintage Dry), so I will end up with 4 ADpaks after getting Custom.

By the way, do you mean we can't buy a Custom bundle twice? I was actually thinking of buying it now and get 3 ADpaks with the consideration that if at all needed, I can buy one more Custom bundle when I have the money during future sales to get 3 more ADpaks. Isn't it possible?

I wonder who buys single ADpaks or ADpak bundles if the above is possible, considering it's so much cheaper to buy AD2 Custom/XL bundles instead during sales.

@oneshotdeal: Would like to know your thought as well, as I think I might not have understood your comment above clearly.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:06 pm

Thanks, I get your point. It is indeed an excellent deal with Custom XL and would be nice to have some extra ADpaks. But right now I can only afford the Custom bundle. I also already have one ADpak (Vintage Dry), so I will end up with 4 ADpaks after getting Custom.

By the way, do you mean we can't buy a Custom bundle twice? I was actually thinking of buying it now and get 3 ADpaks with the consideration that if at all needed, I can buy one more Custom bundle when I have the money during future sales to get 3 more ADpaks. Isn't it possible?

I wonder who buys single ADpaks or ADpak bundles if the above is possible, considering it's so much cheaper to buy AD2 Custom/XL bundles instead during sales.

@oneshotdeal: Would like to know your thought as well, as I think I might not have understood your comment above clearly.
Yeah, I was in the same situation as you when I got AD2, and got the basic Custom bundle, which is nothing but awesome, too!

TBH I don't know what the current policy is since XLN has their own ADpak bundles for sale. But as @oneshotdeal wrote getting another from a reseller will work? Before they had ADpak bundles you could not not buy another AD2 Custom products from XLN directly if you had already bought and registered one. I had understood this applied also to a second one bought from a reseller. Would be nice to get a confirmation to this since tempted to get one now, too! :lol: So waiting to oneshotdeal's answer as well.

I bought 2 custom bundles on JRR during this sale and also 2 in the past. You get a serial you can add to your XLN account and it's just like buying a new custom pack, e.g. you get to select 3 of everything at any time.

I actually wrote to XLN several years ago and confirmed that yes, you can buy the Custom bundle (or any similar bundles) from third-party retailers and then register them in your XLN account even if you already own Addictive Drums, and you'll get to select all the ADpaks and such just as you'd expect. I don't have any reason to believe they've changed that since then. I don't know why they don't allow you to buy it that way directly from them as well, but they never have. Shrug.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

oneshotdeal wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:19 pm I bought 2 custom bundles on JRR during this sale and also 2 in the past. You get a serial you can add to your XLN account and it's just like buying a new custom pack, e.g. you get to select 3 of everything at any time.
Ceej wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:06 am I actually wrote to XLN several years ago and confirmed that yes, you can buy the Custom bundle (or any similar bundles) from third-party retailers and then register them in your XLN account even if you already own Addictive Drums, and you'll get to select all the ADpaks and such just as you'd expect. I don't have any reason to believe they've changed that since then. I don't know why they don't allow you to buy it that way directly from them as well, but they never have. Shrug.
Awesome! Thanks a lot for the confirmation, oneshotdeal and Ceej . I will get the normal Custom bundle for now. :phones:

I think there's no reason to buy from XLN Audio store when JRR Shop and others have a better price. :)

@InkSFX

We have got our answer. Time to open our wallet. :hihi: :tu:

Double Tap wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:55 am Plugin Alliance doing another "Any" plugin for $29.99 plus VAT sale. Code is LYS1-2999 and there will be another on Feb 28.

Obviously some plugins are excluded.
I believe this is the first time Knifonium has been included in the 29.99 sale. A little bit tempting.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”