DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Hi, Moss

Launchpad Mk2,
In Drum64 mode, the light of in the lower right 16 pads is reflected in the upper left 16 pads.
Thanks for your great work, I use all the time.

Cheers, Matttt

Ezzzer wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:43 am
moss wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:23 am I do not understand what you mean by "unmapped buttons".
I meant Pads, sorry for calling them buttons :-). when we press the shift there are some pads that are not mapped to any command and can be used for small hand users that can't reach the record pad while pressing the Shift pad.
Ah, I see you were talking about Shift mode. Hmm, yes, if I would start from scratch again that would be something to consider. The design idea was to have the 2 columns identical with the physical buttons of the Pro models. Furthermore, I want to keep at least a bit of space between the pads with functions otherwise it would get too confusing.

Ezzzer wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:49 am Launchpad-X :
Bug - when in arrangement mode the movement pads are still acting like in mix mode.
instead of moving right/left the tracks are selected up/down.
Had that argument before. It was like this once in the past and many people complained to change it. :)

actionless wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:20 am i think it can be solved by sending turn off signal for according midi note from inside switchToView() func but i 1)not sure that's the correct approach 2)only started moving from bitwig 1.x based setup, so idk yet how to build new type of extensions from macos in order to try that theory out
Thanks for reporting! Will be fixed in the next update. I also noticed that the selection state is not always correct and that play/stop is broken. Yikes.

Matttt wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:27 am Hi, Moss

Launchpad Mk2,
In Drum64 mode, the light of in the lower right 16 pads is reflected in the upper left 16 pads.
Thanks for your great work, I use all the time.

Cheers, Matttt
Thanks, good catch! Will be fixed in the next update.

moss wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:49 pm
moss wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:23 am I do not understand what you mean by "unmapped buttons".
I meant Pads, sorry for calling them buttons :-). when we press the shift there are some pads that are not mapped to any command and can be used for small hand users that can't reach the record pad while pressing the Shift pad.
Ah, I see you were talking about Shift mode. Hmm, yes, if I would start from scratch again that would be something to consider. The design idea was to have the 2 columns identical with the physical buttons of the Pro models. Furthermore, I want to keep at least a bit of space between the pads with functions otherwise it would get too confusing.
I took the code from Github and did it myself, only 3 buttons - record/play/dup, it is just not usable for me with two hands, I will update if it really does improve the live performance.
I also disabled the arr/mix switching and I use only the arrangement view.
Thanks for the great job you have done, amazing.

Ezzzer wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:33 pm
moss wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:49 pm
I took the code from Github and did it myself, only 3 buttons - record/play/dup, it is just not usable for me with two hands, I will update if it really does improve the live performance.
I also disabled the arr/mix switching and I use only the arrangement view.
Thanks for the great job you have done, amazing.
Congrats :tu: Have fun!

Hi,
I have been building a techno live act with bitwig and and APC40MKII, Drivenbymoss drivers installed.
The session view has more than 50 rows.
Is there a way for the session view to scroll down when I click on the bank select down arrow button and the 5 rows session blocks be in sync with the APC 40 ??
I would prefer not to use the mouse to scroll down the session view during the live act.

yeah, btw the same question regarding APCmini -- i've noticed i can scroll Launcher left/right, but not up/down

Hi all.
Ive got a strange "problem" with push-1 and BWS 3.3.1 with script: 11.6 and 8.98. and curious if im the only one.
So,... When ive got a bunch of tracks and groups, i can switch freely in and out of groups, switch tracks and devices, on my push and on my monitor screen. (push follows nicely)
But when i select the master channel, Push just freezes. it reacts to note inputs of tracks when you switch with mice on monitor and you,ll hear those tracks also, but the push-1 screen doesnt switch back from the master channel. (well after 15 seconds or so and sometimes after a minute that is)
So i rolled back to version 7.6 and everything works nicely again.
Not that of biggy for me, but curious if its my system or something )

Again Moss thank you so much for your continues support. After all these years i build a nice fast workflow with it!
Cant live without it anymore...

dupont wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:03 am Hi,
I have been building a techno live act with bitwig and and APC40MKII, Drivenbymoss drivers installed.
The session view has more than 50 rows.
Is there a way for the session view to scroll down when I click on the bank select down arrow button and the 5 rows session blocks be in sync with the APC 40 ??
I would prefer not to use the mouse to scroll down the session view during the live act.
It might not be obvious but you can use the cursor keys in combination with Shift.
I will also allow to activate the birds-eye mode in the next update where one pad represents 8x5 clips.

actionless wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:18 pm yeah, btw the same question regarding APCmini -- i've noticed i can scroll Launcher left/right, but not up/down
On the APCmini use Shift plus the cursor buttons scroll in steps of 8, so you need at least 9 tracks / scenes to see an effect.

codec17 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:01 pm Ive got a strange "problem" with push-1 and BWS 3.3.1 with script: 11.6 and 8.98. and curious if im the only one.
So,... When ive got a bunch of tracks and groups, i can switch freely in and out of groups, switch tracks and devices, on my push and on my monitor screen. (push follows nicely)
But when i select the master channel, Push just freezes. it reacts to note inputs of tracks when you switch with mice on monitor and you,ll hear those tracks also, but the push-1 screen doesnt switch back from the master channel. (well after 15 seconds or so and sometimes after a minute that is)
So i rolled back to version 7.6 and everything works nicely again.
Can't see an issue here. Does it happen all the time when you select Master? Is there an exception in the JavaScript console?

Hey moss, thanks for working on this so hard. I was looking for a 4x4 pad controller and recently I bought Maschine Mikro. And the only reason I got Maschine Mikro MK3 is your script. Thank you so much.

Hi there.....great extension.

I;m thinking of switching from Studio One and Ableton to Bitwig Studio and have a question about your Launchpad x script please

Have I lost access to the 4 Custom Modes? I hope not....If not, how do I call them up??. I;m thankful to have found your script because it doesnt seem like Bitwig formally supports Launchpad x.

I looked thru your documentation and it seems like the Custom Mode button does everything but call up Custom Mode. I;d like to midi assign some things. Thanks for any help.

Return to “Controller Scripting”