Hive 2.1 beta blacklisted in Mixbus/Ardour

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For some reason the new beta of Hive 2.1 is blacklisted in Mixbus/Ardour, so it's not possible to load there. Won't show up.
I find their plugin-scanner/blacklist function to be a bit picky, it frustrates me quite a lot.
Nevertheless Mixbus 32C is my main daw, and where I do my work the best.

It's no biggy regarding the beta (at least for me, I've been testing it in Reaper and Qtractor, then downgrading to build 9775 in order to work in Mixbus 32C), but I would be sad if the final 2.1 wouldn't work there.
Also, as all other u-he plugins show up nicely, I guess it's possible to get this one working as well.
Hope so.

Thanks so much for your Linux effort! :love:

I have the same problem, Works in Carla but not Ardour. Just wanted to +1 this.

Thanks guys, for reporting this. We'll check if we can bring 'em back to live in Ardour.
Always trouble with that Ardour host. :)
That QA guy from planet u-he.

I don't know who codes Ardour these days, but I hope they are willing and/or able to work on such things themselves, or if not, make it publicly known, and be open to solutions from outside the camp. The beta appears to work fine in Reaper's latest pre-release in Ubuntu Studio 19.10 with official nVidia driver and old 9400 GT video card.
Cheers

I have reported the issue in the Ardour bug tracker to notify the developers.

This was the response from one of the main developers.

"A plugin is only blacklisted if it cannot be loaded or crashes when loaded into Ardour.
In case of u-he the most likely underlying cause that it cannot be loaded is because those plugins are not statically linked and produce symbol conflicts."

New beta version should work again in Ardour: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=560924

I confirm that form me it loads and works fine in Ardour 6.5 (mint 20.1).

Thanks tasmaniandevil

I too confirm it works well in Ardour 6.5 Ubuntu Studio

Really appreciate your help tasmaniand*l

And the release candidate for Hive 2.1 can now be found here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=561802

Return to “u-he Linux support”