Reverbs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unaspected wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:24 pm
Funkstar De Luxe2 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:00 pm
jens wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:46 am
Funkstar De Luxe2 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:55 pm Had a look at the 2C Audio website. It’s so full of bullshit buzzwords that I don’t even know what I’m looking at. This is exactly the sort of bullshit I want to discourage.
The 2CAudio stuff is fantastic - you completely lost me there.
Please tell me what “scientific precision” means then. Or any of the other nonsensical rubbish they have on their website. Honestly, it’s like reading some audiophile snake oil shit. Not even going to try them for fear I’ll encourage more of this garbage marketing non-speak.
Doesn't matter. Try them out and let your ears decide.

The company (2CAudio) itself is great, by the way - excellent customer service - no fuss.
Well it matters to me - my first interaction with the company and they are essentially lying to my face - it's very patronising. There's enough bullshit out there without me supporting it.

Funkstar De Luxe2 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:30 pm
Funkstar De Luxe2 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:00 pm
jens wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:46 am
Funkstar De Luxe2 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:55 pm Had a look at the 2C Audio website. It’s so full of bullshit buzzwords that I don’t even know what I’m looking at. This is exactly the sort of bullshit I want to discourage.
The 2CAudio stuff is fantastic - you completely lost me there.
Please tell me what “scientific precision” means then. Or any of the other nonsensical rubbish they have on their website. Honestly, it’s like reading some audiophile snake oil shit. Not even going to try them for fear I’ll encourage more of this garbage marketing non-speak.

The company (2CAudio) itself is great, by the way - excellent customer service - no fuss.
Well it matters to me - my first interaction with the company and they are essentially lying to my face - it's very patronising. There's enough bullshit out there without me supporting it.
True. I just filter it out (with all companies) - don't really notice it because it is indeed, nonsense. But the reverbs do sound good and that's what I'm paying for.

it took me a while to remember it, but eventually i remembered the name EAReverb by EAreckon is worth checking out.

also, lexi usually has a 50 off sale at least once a year if you decide to go that route. just fyi.

except nearly radio silence regarding M1, and the years Mojave old sorting bug still present in Aether and B2

@ OP,
I've owned and used the Lexicon PCM native reverb since 2010. It's excellent as are Liquidsonics Cinematic Rooms Pro and Reverberate 3 which I use perhaps even more frequently nowadays.
(I also use several other software, such as VNXT and Cupwise spring / plate reverbs, as well as hardware reverbs, such as a Specular Tempus pedal, an Empress zoia and a Roland RE-201 space echo for its spring reverb).

At this level, it is just a matter of what suits your tastes more, and what specific reverb duties are needed for a variety of tasks (eg sometimes you will want a lush sounding reverb but at other times a cheap, fx-style reverb will fit the element more).

You seem to like Lexicon PCM a lot (as many of us do).
After 8 pages of this thread, hopefully you've now made your mind up to buy it rather than several other excellent suggestions that simply weren't to your taste.

Lastly, you don't need to stress that you are serious about reverbs: you are currently talking to several award-winning software developers, commercial preset designers, professional engineers and session musicians in this thread alone. People who know their stuff musically.

Kinh wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:32 am
Funkstar De Luxe2 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:15 am
Kinh wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:39 am
Funkstar De Luxe2 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:32 am

I'm thinking very seriously about buying the PCM Total Bundle. This is serious money for me, but they appear to be the best.
what makes it the best?

The strategy they use to get people to buy is mark up the price, create perceived value, pay $$ for experts to endorse. Some companies can afford to to this, others cant but that dont make their product worse.

Long story short, use your stock reverb unless you need something specific like plate or diffusion that yours cant do cause quality wise, they're all similar.
Of course it’s the sound that’s makes the lexicon best. I’d not compromise for anything other than sound.

I take this very seriously, it’s not a hobby or game for me.

Honestly if you think that stock reverb plugins are good enough, I’d suggest you’re in the wrong forum. There’s a massive difference in quality and sound. Reverb is probably the most important effect to understand and use.
Dont stress, you dont have to take my advice.
You can either find out the easy or hard way, your choice. Trust me, I was like you once upon a time, spent shit loads on many reverbs only to prefer my stock Ableton to this day.
Advice: use your ears, not your instinct and you'll have more money to spend on things that matter.
let's hear it then.
put yo money where yo mush be!

Indeed 2/3 of my time I reach out to one of the Lexicon PCM products. The other times to a mix of Valhalla, ProR, 2CA or Adaptiverb.

Ploki wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:57 pm

except nearly radio silence regarding M1, and the years Mojave old sorting bug still present in Aether and B2
Did not know that - I don't use Mac OSX anymore. Though I would certainly expect support to have solved Mojave bugs by now. Silence regarding M1 wouldn't be that much of an issue unless I was investing in another Mac. So I guess it might be better avoiding 2CAudio if you're a Mac user and want to be running the latest OSX.

As for customer services: I had direct interaction with customer services over a discrepancy between language and action: The sale price was not as advertised but it was sorted out without issue. Having recently dealt with a shop that did not honour their shelf price (against Trading Standards' rules) I was pleased to see that 2CAudio's customer care did recognise the error and fixed it. Maybe the difference made their customer service stand out when their decision was simply to do the fair and right thing - as one would expect - but as I found it painless, I thought I should give them a note of approval.

Unaspected wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:44 pm
Did not know that - I don't use Mac OSX anymore. Though I would certainly expect support to have solved Mojave bugs by now. Silence regarding M1 wouldn't be that much of an issue unless I was investing in another Mac. So I guess it might be better avoiding 2CAudio if you're a Mac user and want to be running the latest OSX.

As for customer services: I had direct interaction with customer services over a discrepancy between language and action: The sale price was not as advertised but it was sorted out without issue. Having recently dealt with a shop that did not honour their shelf price (against Trading Standards' rules) I was pleased to see that 2CAudio's customer care did recognise the error and fixed it. Maybe the difference made their customer service stand out when their decision was simply to do the fair and right thing - as one would expect - but as I found it painless, I thought I should give them a note of approval.
Oh, nothing against customer care and support - every-time i dealt with them they've been super nice and even sent me a few test builds.
Just the lack of any updates is concerning.

Ploki wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:46 pm

Oh, nothing against customer care and support - every-time i dealt with them they've been super nice and even sent me a few test builds.
So not only did you purchase their product, but they're making you beta test it too? These guys are so not for me.

Funkstar De Luxe2 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:51 pm
Ploki wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:46 pm

So not only did you purchase their product, but they're making you beta test it too? These guys are so not for me.
:hihi:

When you put it like that.

Not laughing at your plight though, Ploki - Hopefully they'll fix those bugs for you soon.

vurt wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:36 pm

I'm thinking very seriously about buying the PCM Total Bundle. This is serious money for me, but they appear to be the best.
what makes it the best?

The strategy they use to get people to buy is mark up the price, create perceived value, pay $$ for experts to endorse. Some companies can afford to to this, others cant but that dont make their product worse.

Long story short, use your stock reverb unless you need something specific like plate or diffusion that yours cant do cause quality wise, they're all similar.
Of course it’s the sound that’s makes the lexicon best. I’d not compromise for anything other than sound.

Honestly if you think that stock reverb plugins are good enough, I’d suggest you’re in the wrong forum. There’s a massive difference in quality and sound. Reverb is probably the most important effect to understand and use.
You can either find out the easy or hard way, your choice. Trust me, I was like you once upon a time, spent shit loads on many reverbs only to prefer my stock Ableton to this day.
Advice: use your ears, not your instinct and you'll have more money to spend on things that matter.
let's hear it then.
I use the fruity one for a lot of things. Does the job it needs to. Other than that some nice free convolution stuff - the Samplecity M7 stuff is really good. Reverb, it's overrated. :P

donkey tugger wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:23 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:36 pm

what makes it the best?

let's hear it then.
I use the fruity one for a lot of things. Does the job it needs to. Other than that some nice free convolution stuff - the Samplecity M7 stuff is really good. Reverb, it's overrated. :P
not saying you can't get a lot done with stock or free verbs
just kinh, likes to pop in to most threads and tell everyone how they should do it! without ever having shown whether he knows his onions or he's taking arse gravy :shrug:

as for reverb being overrated :x go and play with your pink bass!

* quickly Googles "arse gravy"

regrets decision *

Basically, reverb is some kind of resonance. I'm just beginning to delve into it. Literally :hihi:

Return to “Effects”