THREE features you'd pay upgrade price for?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic

Select THREE features you'd pay upgrade price for!

On-line collaboration
1%
Step recording
4%
Mixed track heights
2%
Resizeable mixer faders
2%
Proper feedback routing (tracks, sends, Grid)
2%
Alias / Linked Clips
3%
Automation clips
6%
Scene follow-actions
1%
Audio & MIDI Comping
10%
Retrospective recording
7%
Native pitch correction (ala Melodyne)
2%
Video track / playback
3%
Grid containers
5%
MIDI Grid
12%
UI builder (knobs, faders, buttons, X/Y as remote pages)
4%
FL-like piano-roll features
13%
Scoring / notation support
1%
Data zoom / logarythmic waveform view
1%
Apple Silicon native support
3%
Audio to MIDI
3%
ARA support
6%
MSEG
9%

Total votes: 578

RELATED
PRODUCTS

antic604 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:00 am
Hez wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:15 amI love the mechanics of bouncing (vs. freezing), but it's just a bit undercooked at the moment. IMO we need more options and more control, particularly for mass operations like rendering stems. Some ideas include...
:tu:

+ I'd really love ACTUAL hybrid clips, that can contain both MIDI and audio at the same time and if you'd bounce-in-place then the MIDI would simply get muted. The "nested" MIDI could also follow all the operations on bounced audio - splitting, stretching, reversing (although this would do nothing), re-pitching, etc.
That is EXACTLY how that should be done, so you can have a non destructive way to get back to what you had initially.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:10 am Another to add for next year is a Bitwig Step/Pattern Sequencer
Yes - definitely this as well.

antic604 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:00 am
Hez wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:15 amI love the mechanics of bouncing (vs. freezing), but it's just a bit undercooked at the moment. IMO we need more options and more control, particularly for mass operations like rendering stems. Some ideas include...
:tu:

+ I'd really love ACTUAL hybrid clips, that can contain both MIDI and audio at the same time and if you'd bounce-in-place then the MIDI would simply get muted. The "nested" MIDI could also follow all the operations on bounced audio - splitting, stretching, reversing (although this would do nothing), re-pitching, etc.
That might be more complicated than helpful.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:59 pmThat might be more complicated than helpful.
Only compared to the alternative that would be "hybrid track comping", when bounce-in-place would produce inactive comp lane that'd contain bounced MIDI :)

Otherwise it's both helpful and easy to understand:

Last edited by antic604 on Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Looks like "collab bro" is DOA.

On-line collab is a waste of dev's time imo.

stamp wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:42 pm On-line collab is a waste of dev's time imo.
That is my opinion as well...

pdxindy wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:19 pm
stamp wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:42 pm On-line collab is a waste of dev's time imo.
But as we know- its already built in and is probably what the devs have been using for development, so the real question is why it hasn't it already been launched!

When will the collaboration features become available?

Collaboration features are planned for future versions of Bitwig Studio. Network support is already built into the core of the software and the Bitwig Studio project file format is designed bearing collaboration features in mind. So collaboration is part of the DNA of Bitwig Studio. We are dedicated to further develop our own collaboration technology.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

it was the opinion on the FL forum too "Why did you assume us basement dwelling neckbeards have any friends?" :D
https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... b#p1578185
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:37 pm it was the opinion on the FL forum too "Why did you assume us basement dwelling neckbeards have any friends?" :D
https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... b#p1578185
Yeah, the FL guys... :P
But I as a Bitwig user want online collaboration! Bought v1 to support this goal. I assume that once a decent online integration is there not many want to miss it. (Assuming of couse that an online collaboration solution by Bitwig is well-designed as the rest of their stuff.)

Yeah, seamless collaboration is one of those features that no one may be asking for, but that could prove incredibly valuable once it's there even for people who didn't think they'd use it.

Personally I voted for linked clips, retrospective recording, and FL-like note editor features, however I chose that last one as more of a stand-in for better note, chord, and scale tools in general (FL isn't great in that area either). A step sequencer or at least a better (bigger) drum editor view would be more than welcome, too.

If I could pick one more vague thing that's not on the list, it'd be general "UI feel tweaks". Stuff like more consistent auto scrolling when navigating editors, remembering zoom levels and snap settings, tweaked hit zones for items, nicer feel when moving items (the fact that the original item stays in place until you release the mouse button makes it feel disconnected from the action), stuff like that, that makes using the app more fun, less fiddly, and simply "feel better". It may sound sort of subjective, but I don't think it really is, video games have turned this stuff into a science and there's no reason why productivity software shouldn't be similarly satisfying to use, especially creative software. 😅
Last edited by Dionysos on Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dionysos wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:41 pm "UI feel tweaks". Stuff like more consistent auto scrolling when navigating editors, remembering zoom levels and snap settings, tweaked hit zones for items, nicer feel when moving items (the fact that the original item stays in place until you release the mouse button makes it feel disconnected from the action), stuff like that, that makes using the app more fun, less fiddly, and simply "feel better". It may sound sort of subjective, but I don't think it really is, video games have turned this stuff into a science and there's no need why productivity software shouldn't be similarly satisfying to use, especially creative software. 😅
This

stamp wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:12 pm
antic604 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:10 pm I hope I've not missed anything really obvious & big, otherwise adding another option would reset the poll :(
Groove pool?
The stuff in the list is cool but if the next update contained nothing but well-implemented audio and midi groove extraction/requantization I'd be willing to pay for it.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

SLiC wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:33 pm
pdxindy wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:19 pm
But as we know- its already built in and is probably what the devs have been using for development, so the real question is why it hasn't it already been launched!

When will the collaboration features become available?

Collaboration features are planned for future versions of Bitwig Studio. Network support is already built into the core of the software and the Bitwig Studio project file format is designed bearing collaboration features in mind. So collaboration is part of the DNA of Bitwig Studio. We are dedicated to further develop our own collaboration technology.
Lol, that's just marketing talk from 2012 or 2013 afaik. That said, I could not care less about OC.

These are my favorites by priorities:

1- FL Studio like piano-roll features.
2- Audio & Midi Comping.
3- MSEG. 
4- Automation Clips.
5- Audio to Midi.
6- Step Recording.
7- ARA Support.

Hope the first 3 or 4 comes true for the near future.

Last edited by horizon7 on Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bitwig”