Hive 2.1: new sonic territory

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MitchK1989 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:29 am
Urs wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:15 pm Hehehe, check this out, too:

https://oddsound.com

Now that it's official, Hive 2.1 is also our first product to support it. All other plug-ins following shortly.
Hi Urs, is there a way to turn this feature off if I don't want hive to pull tuning data from the oddsound master plugin but I am using the oddsound stuff elsewhere?
To be honest, this is so new we didn't even think of that. We're discussing a way to do this in future versions.

But yes, it's possible - by turning our internal microtuning on. So if you have .tun file for 12 tone equal temperament, that'll do. If not, you can use our Tuning Table Generator to make one (all notes at default tuning):

https://u-he.com/tools/microtuning/

I'll certainly dive in once Bazille is compatible too, Baz and Hive 2 are my 2 most used synths.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Urs wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:32 amBut yes, it's possible
Actually I think it might be enough to enable the internal microtuning without a .tun file loaded.

(Edit: Affirmative!)

Awesome, that's perfect (and should work just fine in any circumstance I can think of without adding a new button somewhere)

MitchK1989 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:30 pm Awesome, that's perfect (and should work just fine in any circumstance I can think of without adding a new button somewhere)
:tu:

Urs wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:32 amSo if you have .tun file for 12 tone equal temperament, that'll do.
It's in there: "Default Scale.tun"

Installation Error during update Hive 2.0 to 2.1
Couldn´t find something about it with google.
Error.JPG
Installation Hive 2.1 only VST3, Presets in same folder as Hive 2.0

Same in the past with DIVA and other U-He Plugins
After deleting the old Diva.data file installation worked again.
But then favorites were overwritten.

Have a copy from Hive 2.0 Presetdatabase but is there no way to avoid this error during installation?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ok. It is nothing special with the Hive update.

Tested it with Zebra and there is the same error.
Anyone here who had the same installation problem?
There is no DAW open but the error message means there is another process using the file.

Sorry for my bad English.

restart the computer?

Yes. Restarted to be sure nothing have access to the file.
But the same error occurred.

I’m sure our support team can help you swiftly. There’s an Easter holiday here, but there is still a chance people check the tickets tonight.

Thank you. Easter holiday was the reason i posted it here.
Thought any user could help me.

TangramX wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:53 pm Yes. Restarted to be sure nothing have access to the file.
But the same error occurred.
From the error text, sounds like a possible permissions problem

Started the installation again with Administrator rights. But the same error.
Seems only removing the old .data file made the installation possible.
Have contacted the U-he support.

Thank you.

Maybe your anti-virus had a lock on the file. This kind of errors happen when the file is already in use.

Return to “u-he”