ARM updates galore beta round 01 revision 11152

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere) Bazille Colour Copy Diva Presswerk Repro Satin

Tronam wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:22 pmThese types of bugs surrounding color space, screen brightness, etc... are strange.
Yes. A lot of the struggles we had with UI performance are related to color space management. Since Mojave, developers are kind of urged to manage color space in their apps themselves in order to get smooth UI performance. Hence, if the system does unexpected things to color profiles, such as rapidly swapping them on changes of ambient light, developers are caught off guard and might need to prepare for unforeseen side effects.

How does the computer physically detect ambient lighting changes?
Or does it use profiles based on time zones, geolocation, weather reports etc

Or ? :scared:

(It's an honest question, however dumb it seems. I do wear that T-shirt
a few times each week... :( )

glokraw wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:45 pm How does the computer physically detect ambient lighting changes?
Or does it use profiles based on time zones, geolocation, weather reports etc
mac books have an ambient light sensor that detects lumens and surrounding light temperature, and adjusts white-point accordingly.
it's kinda like https://justgetflux.com but not only for night time.
it's pretty seamless and actually isn't bad. if you have yellow room lights, the screen is more yellow, if you have neons, it's more white it makes working on the screen easier on the eyes

Thankfully True Tone (dynamic white balance), Night Shift and auto brightness are separately adjustable features because I'm a huge fan of TT and NS, but prefer maintaining a static screen brightness level.

M1 macbook pro - 8GB ram here. I've been testing Diva and Repro in both Ableton 11 standard and Logic X 10.6.1 (rosetta on and off.)

The results are great - It feels like I'm running in cheat mode because I can run all these instances without crackles. I hate bouncing/freezing stuff and it seems like those days are behind us now with the M1 and these synths going native. Nice job, U-HE team.

I'm not a U-HE user, however I'm interested in purchasing the Diva and/or the Repro if they support well Apple Silicon. Can I test the beta versions or I need to have an active registration?

CyberGene wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:02 pm I'm not a U-HE user, however I'm interested in purchasing the Diva and/or the Repro if they support well Apple Silicon. Can I test the beta versions or I need to have an active registration?
You can just test these beta versions. They'll run in demo mode but are fully functional.

^ Thanks, just installed them and had a quick run through the presets. Diva sounds so wonderful! Looks like I may sell my hardware synths (a Hydrasynth and a Novation Peak that I use only for analog types of sounds) and switch fully to Diva 🤣 The performance on my Air M1 seems great even in divine mode. And it is divine! ❤️

Using Hydrasynth and Peak only for analog types of sounds is kinda like taking a Ferrari to pick up kinds from school... Fundamentally not appropriate! :D

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:35 pm Using Hydrasynth and Peak only for analog types of sounds is kinda like taking a Ferrari to pick up kinds from school... Fundamentally not appropriate! :D
I have been using Diva and Repro since release and am still trying to decide between buying a Hydra or Peak.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:35 pm Using Hydrasynth and Peak only for analog types of sounds is kinda like taking a Ferrari to pick up kinds from school... Fundamentally not appropriate! :D
Absolutely agree. When I purchased them, I wanted to make Industrial and all kinds of modern noise. I quickly lost interest and I realized I'm old-fashioned and my territory is only funk, fusion, etc. with vintage analog sound :D I only scratch the surface of Hydra and Peak. On the positive side, the Hydra is so intuitive, it taught me about synthesis, I knew nothing before that and I feel pretty confident now with analog synths and how to reproduce a vintage sound I heard on a record.

That's great! Also speaks volumes about the thought that went into Hydra's UX. I'd love one, some day. But kinda want to wait for a 5 octave, 16 voice, bitimbral version if ASM is up for it... :D

OK, I'm sold on Diva! ❤️ I know this will be insolent but... are U-he known to offer Easter discounts? 🤣

u-he rarely does sales.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:49 am
Ploki wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:42 pm is this even possible
Makes my psyched at the prospects of the 16" M1X MBP's that should arrive in a few months.
You're psyched at the prospects of the M1X that's coming out sometime in the future?
Really? A 700% improvement in an iterative release isn't enough for you? Has Intel ever delivered a 700% improvement between releases? Has anyone? I guess 31 tracks of Diva at 32 buffer isn't quite going to cut it.

Return to “u-he”