Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dermage wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:45 pm
Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:03 pm
dermage wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:54 am Last year on black friday there was talk about the "Control Room" group on Facebook where you cloud get discount codes for Acustica etc.

I'd like to now (before joining) if there is a current code in the group which discounts the new Acustica Sienna? Eg. if it makes sense to join now.

Thanks!
I got the Slate VSX 4 weeks ago. I now think any money spent on other headphone mixing environments is a waste. I have Realphones Waves NX and Waves Abbey Roads
That's not what I asked for, but thanks for your opinion :roll:

I've got VSX, Realphones,
Sonarworks and still see Sienna as worthful addition to my mix checking arsenal. It's different enough and has its advantages to all mentioned.
I mainly use VSX for producing, Realphones for listening in Windows and Sienna for checking in the last weeks. Sonarworks only for speaker correction.
Apart from your personal discount codes that Acustica sends depending on your spending tier, there used to be an affiliate program where certain vendors and companies could offer you a discount code of around 15-30%. Sadly from a quick google search it seems they closed that affiliate program a few years ago.

But Im sure there are some groups like that control room one on Facebook, have you tried joining them?

Uncle E wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:57 pm
dermage wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:45 pm I've got VSX, Realphones,
Sonarworks and still see Sienna as worthful addition to my mix checking arsenal. It's different enough and has its advantages to all mentioned.
I mainly use VSX for producing, Realphones for listening in Windows and Sienna for checking in the last weeks. Sonarworks only for speaker correction.
What are the advantages of Sienna over VSX? If you get it or demo it, please post a comparison between it and VSX.
My post from GS:

Short report about VSX vs SIENNA.
Different products, really!

VSX has completely different rooms and the concept is only about 30% the same as SIENNA. (The one thing both are, is a binaural simulator)

I will mention the differences in my order of importance
VSX has a Club room and other specialties like BoomBox and Car (which are really great to test in), Headphone re-emulation (eg. Pods, evergreens etc.) and the software is exactly build for the headphone (which means it's extensively tested for exact this configuration).
Alone these points are very important for me an make a big difference.

SIENNA on the other side wants to concentrate on the Mix/Master rooms. Hear it with "their" perspective. Offer the product to as many people as possible through headphone profiles. Go more into detail and be more analytical (it has a lot more controls as VSX).

I have to say I'm also satisfied with VSX's no big tweaking strategy, but SIENNA is deeper in this regard (that's why I ask for the Magic Q, because if you offer tweaking, everything should be there).

What I have learned now. It's always good to have more rooms, and it's also incredibly fun to go into different "worlds" or "perspectives" with the same mix.
That 160€ now is well spent IMO.

Edit: that was one week ago. Now they released about 30 new speakers and still I think it's worth it for professionals. For hobby mixing either VSX, Sienna or Realphones is enough. But in my job as producer, mixer it's very valuable to have more perspectives.
Last edited by dermage on Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Insanelysane wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:38 pm

Apart from your personal discount codes that Acustica sends depending on your spending tier, there used to be an affiliate program where certain vendors and companies could offer you a discount code of around 15-30%. Sadly from a quick google search it seems they closed that affiliate program a few years ago.

But Im sure there are some groups like that control room one on Facebook, have you tried joining them?
I was a member in December-January, but it costs £5.50, that's why I ask if someone is in there and can check if the discount applies. On their home page it says up to 50%,but may be on intro discounts they don't apply.

ChamomileShark wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:22 am Did anyone get an alert about the almost over sale on Fuse Audio Labs? I just happened upon it and I'm signed up for the newsletter. Maybe my ISP is blocking it?

(I've put up the sale on the no chat thread but it's here https://fuseaudiolabs.de/#/pages/plugins )
Hi, just to confirm that I’m also on their mail list and didn’t receive any notification of this sale either.

dermage wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:50 pm My post from GS:

Short report about VSX vs SIENNA.
Different products, really!

VSX has completely different rooms and the concept is only about 30% the same as SIENNA. (The one thing both are, is a binaural simulator)

I will mention the differences in my order of importance
VSX has a Club room and other specialties like BoomBox and Car (which are really great to test in), Headphone re-emulation (eg. Pods, evergreens etc.) and the software is exactly build for the headphone (which means it's extensively tested for exact this configuration).
Alone these points are very important for me an make a big difference.

SIENNA on the other side wants to concentrate on the Mix/Master rooms. Hear it with "their" perspective. Offer the product to as many people as possible through headphone profiles. Go more into detail and be more analytical (it has a lot more controls as VSX).

I have to say I'm also satisfied with VSX's no big tweaking strategy, but SIENNA is deeper in this regard (that's why I ask for the Magic Q, because if you offer tweaking, everything should be there).

What I have learned now. It's always good to have more rooms, and it's also incredibly fun to go into different "worlds" or "perspectives" with the same mix.
That 160€ now is well spent IMO.

Edit: that was one week ago. Now they released about 30 new speakers and still I think it's worth it for professionals. For hobby mixing either VSX, Sienna or Realphones is enough. But in my job as producer, mixer it's very valuable to have more perspectives.
Thank you very much! Which headphones are you using with Sienna? Would you say the end results with each are similar in quality?

Uncle E wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:19 am
Thank you very much! Which headphones are you using with Sienna? Would you say the end results with each are similar in quality?
I'm using Sienna with my Beyerdynamic Dt 1990, which are brighter than the VSX ones.
What do you mean by end result. I have not mixed a track entirely on one system alone. I'm beginning in the studio and cycle through the systems at home. as said Sienna results in brighter image, which needs to be checked against reference tracks of course (using metric ab).
The controls in Guru are very interesting and I still need to learn them more. There are some people on GS arguing about Sienna being not so detailed or too good sounding, but I guess they haven't explored the perfection and depth controls fully. How would they, it's released since 2 weeks and includes a lot of rooms and different presets. I'd say about 3x the content of VSX for about the same price if you subtract the headphones from Slates package. (I'd say they're $250 from build quality and comfort against the Beyerdynamic)
Also keep in mind that Sienna may be perceived differently, since not everyone tests on the same headphones.
acustica already said they're listening and will improve the interface in the coming time. Eg the magic q is currently missing from the guru mode, which flattens the headphone curve even more.
Last edited by dermage on Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:53 pm
Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:03 pm I got the Slate VSX 4 weeks ago. I now think any money spent on other headphone mixing environments is a waste. I have Realphones Waves NX and Waves Abbey Roads
What makes it better? Which headphones were you using with the other software?

Also, what's the difference between VSX 1.0 and 2.0? Which version did you get?
what makes it better is the marriage of hardware (headphones) and software. The headphones are made specifically for this product and the combination with the emulations produce a deep bass thats unreal. This is what makes the rooms great for differing listening environments. I can hear details that I've not been able to get previously without loud in room monitoring and my rooms in the last few years have been crappy. As far as VSX iterations all headphones sold to date are version 1 and new headphones wont change apart from specific head band parts willl be differently sourced as some broke on people.VSX 1.0 software is what is out now and a new update with more rooms will be coming out very soon according to Steven Slate. Headphones are sold out so a second run is coming. Since they will accept return from dissatisfied customers I'd recommend VSX over anything I've heard of to try out. This is a game changer. With the other software I was using AKG 240's

On the ask.audio flash sale :
yehboy1 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:41 pm
ralfrobert wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:39 pm It seems that the sub is 1 dollar per month until cancellation.
Wrong.
I just saw the next payment in May will be 1 USD in May. Paypal tells me so. I will just ask support. Thanks for the warning.

On the ask.audio flash sale :
ralfrobert wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:39 pm It seems that the sub is 1 dollar per month until cancellation.
Wrong.
I just saw the next payment in May will be 1 USD. Paypal tells me so. I will just ask support. Thanks for the warning.

ralfrobert wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:50 pm On the ask.audio flash sale :
Wrong.
I just saw the next payment in May will be 1 USD in May. Paypal tells me so. I will just ask support. Thanks for the warning.
"For the first month you'll have full access to our library for only $1 ... From month two onwards you'll pay just $9 a month (normally $15) ... you can cancel your subscription at any time."

Thanks, I should have read all of it. As I have Groove3 and am only interested in the Bitwig stuff, I guess I will cancel within the 1 buck month.

dermage wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:00 am I'm using Sienna with my Beyerdynamic Dt 1990, which are brighter than the VSX ones.
What do you mean by end result. I have not mixed a track entirely on one system alone. I'm beginning in the studio and cycle through the systems at home. as said Sienna results in brighter image, which needs to be checked against reference tracks of course (using metric ab).
The controls in Guru are very interesting and I still need to learn them more. There are some people on GS arguing about Sienna being not so detailed or too good sounding, but I guess they haven't explored the perfection and depth controls fully. How would they, it's released since 2 weeks and includes a lot of rooms and different presets. I'd say about 3x the content of VSX for about the same price if you subtract the headphones from Slates package. (I'd say they're $250 from build quality and comfort against the Beyerdynamic)
Also keep in mind that Sienna may be perceived differently, since not everyone tests on the same headphones.
acustica already said they're listening and will improve the interface in the coming time. Eg the magic q is currently missing from the guru mode, which flattens the headphone curve even more.
Thanks again! If Sienna requires so much extra tweaking to work well, I will listen to your original advice about VSX being enough for most people and go with that.

AcrossTheSky wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:25 pm On the sliding banner @
https://audioplugin.deals/shop/

the PPG Wave 3.V by Waldorf can be seen at 29.99$ - but when opening the page :
https://audioplugin.deals/ppg-wave-3-v-by-waldorf/

it is listed at 156$ - Is this offer coming soon ?? any idea :ud:
You need to use rewards credit from previous purchases to get that price.

chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:38 pm It's not listed under "Deals" (yet).

And Largo for $29 when you put in the cart as well... really wished I wouldn't own all those plugins already. :hihi:
I added Largo to the cart but the price is still $174 😟
Been wanting this synth for a while but cannot afford its high price.

ferez21 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:16 pm I added Largo to the cart but the price is still $174 😟
Been wanting this synth for a while but cannot afford its high price.
They offer you Largo for $29 when you add PPG Wave 3.V to the cart. You have to buy both to get that price.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”