Display time in ruler?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to display time in the ruler somewhere in arrangement view?

SB-SIX wrote:Is there a way to display time in the ruler somewhere in arrangement view?
I'm afraid not. However, when you click on the ruler, the 'playhead' flag should be moved to that spot and the window right to the transport buttons should give you your current location both in beats and time, I think? I'd imagine it's not a crucial feature for the devs until support for video is introduced, though - indeed - it would be useful to be able to either switch between beats / time view or at least to see the time in a little pop-up if you hover the pointer over the ruler.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Yeah I thougt i didn't use it that much in other daws, but its kinda weird not to have it now. When i listen to my own stuff elsewhere i sometimes keep notes on where changes should be, or how long certain parts are. That's a bit hard to see now. Hope its still on the list.

SB-SIX wrote:Yeah I thougt i didn't use it that much in other daws, but its kinda weird not to have it now. When i listen to my own stuff elsewhere i sometimes keep notes on where changes should be, or how long certain parts are. That's a bit hard to see now. Hope its still on the list.
Yea, there is time position, but absence of time-line, but is it needed ? I ve realized that I dont need it.

George Sigsally wrote:
SB-SIX wrote:Yea, there is time position, but absence of time-line, but is it needed ? I ve realized that I dont need it.
I would want it all the time, my preferred way of navigating. But I don't fix my BPM either which seems sadly rare nowadays...

I totally need this. Please add this Bitwig.

It really should be added. It's a basic audio feature.

+1

+1

mpgarate wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:56 pm+1
It's been added few versions back. Just right click and enable it (it's off by default):

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

wow TIL, thank you!

They really need to start adding these settings to a searchable settings list in the main menu.

So many hidden (ish) features, that so many people don't know about, I bet I only know about 5% of it all if I'm lucky...

But I like to keeping things simple and just get on with it, Leroy Jenkins style... Until it's necessary, then it's google / kvr search foo... bonzai!!!!

Wouldn't be too hard to skin this and re-shape it into something that could fit quite well into a settings main menu page on bitwigy:

Web Developer by day, DAW tinkerer by night...

MegaPixel wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:20 am They really need to start adding these settings to a searchable settings list in the main menu.

So many hidden (ish) features, that so many people don't know about, I bet I only know about 5% of it all if I'm lucky...
All you have to do is right click the ruler in the arrangement, and click the option to show time. How is that "hidden"? It's the first place I'd look for such a feature, and it's right there....

Return to “Bitwig”