Audio effect for blending in background noises/loops?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm looking for plugin that would allow me to blend in background noises/loops similarly to Audiothing Speakers "background noise" section Image and Speakerphone "samplebay" Image

My preference is more to
1. allow the user to add his own samples
2. blend in multiple samples with different settings, ideally option to blend with envelope follower (like in audiothing speakers)
3. play regardless the transport is stopped or not

I know that something like this could be hacked with sampler. Essentially this is something like sampler/looper crossover but more tailored towards audio effect that blends in multiple layers of noise/room tone and whatnot to existing track.

There are other plugins like Thenatan Vybz and Denise Noize 2 that allow you to use your own samples, but it's the multiple aspect that will make it difficult to find that one plugin that does it all.

It sounds like Texture might be close to what you're looking for:

https://deviousmachines.com/texture/

or this if you have Kontakt, (caveat - I was the developer):

https://www.lootaudio.com/category/kont ... -generator
VST/AU Developer for Hire

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Lind0n wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:36 am or this if you have Kontakt, (caveat - I was the developer):

https://www.lootaudio.com/category/kont ... -generator (https://www.lootaudio.com/category/kontakt-instruments/audio-reward/roomscape-kontakt-atmosphere-generator)
Impressive work!

consmash wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:48 pm
Lind0n wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:36 am or this if you have Kontakt, (caveat - I was the developer):

https://www.lootaudio.com/category/kont ... -generator
Impressive work!
Thanks, if you look down the bottom of the page you will see a video explaining how to load your own sounds - its convoluted - but thats Kontakt for you...

Wouldn’t any standard DAW allow this with adding tracks with ambient noises/loops?
I don’t see any necessity to use a plugin that just mixes what my DAW can mix easier... (except 3, but I could run a loop at least in Bitwig within the Grid without the transport...)

I'm wondering the same thing. Am i missing something about this plug in?
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Yeah, I would (and do) just use volume automation. Nothing else gives you that level of control.

Volbot is excellent for blending multiple tracks

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:19 pm Wouldn’t any standard DAW allow this with adding tracks with ambient noises/loops?
I don’t see any necessity to use a plugin that just mixes what my DAW can mix easier... (except 3, but I could run a loop at least in Bitwig within the Grid without the transport...)
It literally sounds like they’re asking for the functions of a DAW.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:19 pm Wouldn’t any standard DAW allow this with adding tracks with ambient noises/loops?
Bitwig or Live will do this trivially. There are god knows how many Reaktor bits that do similar things. Other DAWs, maybe, but not as convenient. The advantage of an instrument dedicated is the built in LFOs that are already routed to filters as well as the container aspect of presets. The advantage of Kontakt over Reaktor is I think mostly only about polish and the polish of the effects. You'd have to go find the right Reaktor bit and it probably won't have the same general quality of effects. Not that Reaktor isn't capable of that, it's just that they are not intrinsic to every instrument like they are in Kontakt.

some appropriate demos of volbot in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pROwX0Lylmc

Yes of course you could use your own loop and paste it across your project in your DAW, but I think what these suggestions (and certainly the one I built) offer is something else: I can only speak for Roomscape but the engine works like this ( I will use seconds as a reference but Roomscape actually uses a percentage of the audio clip - but same principle..):

- Lets say you have a 30 second piece of ambient sound you want to use: Roomscape ignores the first 2 seconds, and the last 2 seconds (now we have 26 seconds of usable sound)
- Roomscape divides this usable audio into ten different "fragments" and randomly selects one to play
- at successive points in the endless playback Roomscape cross-fades the current fragment with the next fragment and queues up a new randomly selected fragment...
- It does this for 4 different audio "loops" at the same time and offers a range of mixing and modulation options for each of them...

What you effectively get (even using just one "track" of audio) is endlessly playing non-repeating audio....

Roomscape was the version of this engine that uses ambient real-world content, Chordscape (it's sister) uses designed synth sounds...

Can you do this in a DAW without any of this code? Yes of course (except the truly random bit), but its time consuming and messy..

Lind0n wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:00 pm
Yes of course you could use your own loop and paste it across your project in your DAW, but I think what these suggestions (and certainly the one I built) offer is something else: I can only speak for Roomscape but the engine works like this ( I will use seconds as a reference but Roomscape actually uses a percentage of the audio clip - but same principle..):

- Lets say you have a 30 second piece of ambient sound you want to use: Roomscape ignores the first 2 seconds, and the last 2 seconds (now we have 26 seconds of usable sound)
- Roomscape divides this usable audio into ten different "fragments" and randomly selects one to play
- at successive points in the endless playback Roomscape cross-fades the current fragment with the next fragment and queues up a new randomly selected fragment...
- It does this for 4 different audio "loops" at the same time and offers a range of mixing and modulation options for each of them...

What you effectively get (even using just one "track" of audio) is endlessly playing non-repeating audio....

Roomscape was the version of this engine that uses ambient real-world content, Chordscape (it's sister) uses designed synth sounds...

Can you do this in a DAW without any of this code? Yes of course (except the truly random bit), but its time consuming and messy..
volbot achieves a similar outcome as the video I linked shows - of course the workflow is completely different and both products have value but, like your products, volbot allows for infinite non repeating audio from finite resources.

Return to “Effects”