Hyakken is the HY dev !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Do the HY sequencers work with the new M1 Macs?

Been searching for information on this, couldn’t find any.
Yo Leroy!

BoogerSnotOrchestra wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:25 am Do the HY sequencers work with the new M1 Macs?

Doesn’t look like it... Found this useful thread:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=556728
Yo Leroy!

It is possible to test the free version on an M1 machine. I have none available, so I can't do it myself.

Haha, that is funny. Switch to Windows then. They dont force users to upgrade every effing time. Apple is cancer.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

BoogerSnotOrchestra wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:25 am Do the HY sequencers work with the new M1 Macs?

They work fine using Rosetta 2. I was using them today in Bitwig. R2 works extremely well in general.

Minor bug (with a workaround)...

Just installed the new v1.1.2 Windows 10 build of HY-RPE2 and no idea if this issue was already present, but it seems if you use the resize option in the menu that the presets text rectangle doesn't resize so you end up with something like this going to 200% resize...
hy menu example.png
...however, the preset name is fully readable if instead the user drags the window to resize, so maybe you just need to adapt your menu action to use the same code that dragging to resize uses?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I bought the whole sequencer bundle a few days ago and I am totally blown away how great they are. I just want to say thank you for such deep and versatile sequencers.
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

HY-SEQ16X3 updated to HY-SEQ32.

https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-seq16x3/

Not sure what is new, beyond the obvious 32... But I think the new stuff is: Chords and the 5 track midi recorder?

Whatever the case, looks like a big update. 8)
Yo Leroy!

It appears to be quite the upgrade actually. Something of a modular sequencing host with several different sequencer types that you can load in serial and change the order for. All the different sequencers can control different things and have different timings for great polyrhythms and endlessly changing melodies... super interesting!! You can just chain 8 sequencers each with their own modulation. I think one of the modules actually has midi cc out, too. Very intriguing. At no extra cost for me, that is totally sweet and unexpected!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJJ1qo1dGJI

Edit: Yup, works well. I can send any midi data out from the sequencer and control any value of the synth that way in combination with the general sequencing. This thing is super interesting....

Hi, I have just bought Hy-RPE2 and I'm blown away by the amount of features and flexibility the dev has managed to pack in it at no expense for user experience and usability. I'm stunned at how enjoyable it is to work with this pretty complex plugin.

While caught in this enthusiasm, I started wondering whether there is a way to switch the euclidean sequencer from the more appropriately "euclidean" mode on which it is based (focused therefore on pulses and patterns' length and aimed it seems to me at the construction of polymeters) to a mode more focused on the construction of polyrhythms, focused that is on subdivisions of a common length (i.e. the bar).
As an example: if I know set the first sequencer track to 8 steps and 8 pulses, and the second one to 7 steps and 7 pulses, and I click play, basically the two tracks are synchronous. What would happen in this alternative mode I am describing is that the first track would divide a common length in 8ths, the second in 7ths, so they wouldn't be synchronous.

As I said, I have just starting using this and I may well be missing something. Also I know Hyakken has a number of other sequencers, so if what I am looking for is available in another sequencer that would also be great to know. I would be particularly great if the sequencer capable of doing this was based on the kind of circular visualization available in Hy-RPE2.

Is it possible to transpose sequences by MIDI note in SEQ32? I know I could do that in SEQ16 but the option does not seem to be there in the new app. Same about MIDI pattern switching.

Regards,

--
Marco

RPE-2 is almost the perfect substitute for Reasons Drum Sequencer except it has less flexibility for polyrhythms. I wonder if there is a simple way they could make it so you could make each instrument not play the full 32 steps per pattern. Like if I could type in 31 into a field or knob on the hi hat channel and the hi hat would repeat one step before the other tracks.

Or just pull a tab like the reason Drum Sequencer. The tab could be on the lights that light up to show what step each track is on.

briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 am RPE-2 is almost the perfect substitute for Reasons Drum Sequencer except it has less flexibility for polyrhythms. I wonder if there is a simple way they could make it so you could make each instrument not play the full 32 steps per pattern. Like if I could type in 31 into a field or knob on the hi hat channel and the hi hat would repeat one step before the other tracks.

Or just pull a tab like the reason Drum Sequencer. The tab could be on the lights that light up to show what step each track is on.
I think this could be easily done in the Euclidian View.

If you want to do it in the Grid Sequencer I am not quite sure how to do it that easy because there are so many options altering stuff but I have attached a screenshot where you could try different settings (all yellow markers).

I am just fairly new to them so I have no indepth knowledge I can share but those would be the first things I would try.
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 am RPE-2 is almost the perfect substitute for Reasons Drum Sequencer except it has less flexibility for polyrhythms. I wonder if there is a simple way they could make it so you could make each instrument not play the full 32 steps per pattern. Like if I could type in 31 into a field or knob on the hi hat channel and the hi hat would repeat one step before the other tracks.
do you mean polyrhythm or polymeter?

gaggle of hermits wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:01 am
do you mean polyrhythm or polymeter?
Polymeter, sorry

Return to “Effects”