Bitwig 4 - what's gonna be in it?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

offtopic but till wait for Bitwig, FL 21(20.9) just released https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 0&t=255587
if need some playground ... personally I'm still using FL as a scratchpad (hopefully PR in BWS 4 gonna get some love)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:14 am offtopic but till wait for Bitwig, FL 21(20.9) just released <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 5587</span>
if need some playground :D
Finally normal undo/redo option and multi playlist select :)

By the way I have a feeling that BWS will be native Apple M1 compatible with the next version we are waiting. That might be another reason for the gap :)

andypryce wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:28 am By the way I have a feeling that BWS will be native Apple M1 compatible with the next version we are waiting. That might be another reason for the gap :)
Bloody Apple :borg:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:35 am
andypryce wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:28 am By the way I have a feeling that BWS will be native Apple M1 compatible with the next version we are waiting. That might be another reason for the gap :)
How dare they switch to a faster and more power efficient processor /s

coroknight wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:57 pm
If new Apple processors delays Bitwig 4 on my PC then I hate them!
Not enough to stop me using my iPhone or iPad though :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:09 pm
coroknight wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:57 pm
If new Apple processors delays Bitwig 4 on my PC then I hate them!
Not enough to stop me using my iPhone or iPad though :wink:
What about Pear processors ? ...or when...
Prefer Pears anyway... :clap:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Looks like no Bitwig update this week, all bets off :(

Seeing how Apple just announced M1 iPad Pro, I actually hope Bitwig's working on native Apple Silicon port, which I guess would be easily ported to that iPad :o
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Hm, weird, never seen such an ugly iMac before. Also the same CPU... Maybe they made it ugly so then when they will announce the really new iMac in some months, even the ones who bought this will again buy the new one :party:

Actually I find this iMac quite weak and it confirms my worries: Lack of ports, over expensive, throw away device. Doesn't look to me like a good computer for audio.

Apple jumped the shark a long time ago.

antic604 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:56 pm Seeing how Apple just announced M1 iPad Pro, I actually hope Bitwig's working on native Apple Silicon port, which I guess would be easily ported to that iPad :o
As a PC user... I don't appreciate that apple keeps wasting precious developer resources..

:)

xbitz wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:14 am offtopic but till wait for Bitwig, FL 21(20.9) just released https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 0&t=255587
if need some playground ... personally I'm still using FL as a scratchpad (hopefully PR in BWS 4 gonna get some love)
Need to get around to checking that out...I still struggle with rather disjointed nature of FL (rack, pattern, mixer etc,) I always seem to be linking and naming things and I find it easy to get lost, but it does also do a lot of things very well...

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:26 pm Hm, weird, never seen such an ugly iMac before. Also the same CPU... Maybe they made it ugly so then when they will announce the really new iMac in some months, even the ones who bought this will again buy the new one :party:

Actually I find this iMac quite weak and it confirms my worries: Lack of ports, over expensive, throw away device. Doesn't look to me like a good computer for audio.
It has plenty of ports, but yeah it does nothing for me either, but at that price point they will sell a ton. The main thing it did was confirm my suspicion that chips for Apple Silicon are going to be done in batches, so right now we have the M1, the "M1x" will likely go into a 14 and 16" higher end MacBook Pro as well as 27" iMac. The Next round will likely be the Mac Pro, then the faster chips will be tweaked for the air, imac, mini, and 13"mbp out now. The supply for their chips only has them as a customer, so it's going to be tightly controlled.

antic604 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:56 pm Seeing how Apple just announced M1 iPad Pro, I actually hope Bitwig's working on native Apple Silicon port, which I guess would be easily ported to that iPad :o
I hope you're right, Apple has very arguably better touch response tech, and better chips, but no Microsoft Surface type device. It's maddening. :x

It has plenty of ports,
Not it hasn't. This is not a notebook, but a desktop device. There is no physical reason not to add the usual suspects, like USB3. And why it is so thin even this makes no sense at all? So it can fly away on a strong blast?

The iMac prices simply are a rip-off. Look exactly at the RAM and SSD sizes... If you want USB3 and 512GB SSD, you already pay a ridiculous amount of money. And then remember that you can't even swap the ssd, once it gets defective (and it will). This is not a "professional" device at all. Adapters now on a desktop device, too? This iMac also only replaces the old 21,5 inch iMac, and already is such expensive with a normal configuration. I already can imagine that the pro iMac then will cost an arm and a leg (and still will be not repairable).

Return to “Bitwig”