What about BFD?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have completed the authorization process but I can't use the program.

During the start of the program it asks me to enter my login keychain password, to access the program.

Why?

I have never been asked to do anything like this before for any software.

Please, tell me a way to activate the software via License Manager, not from my keychain.

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:25 pm
jancivil wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:41 pm not going to try knowing what I know now, that I can't use it because it wants some key I do not have.
uninstalled, I've had too much of my life wasted with this. I wish I'd never heard of this update.
The dude just offered to do a remote session to try to help get you setup and you still don't want help? Are you just here to scream in frustration and nothing else? How often do you see companies offer to do remote sessions to figure out what's going on? Get over yourself. Sh*t happens.
Sure, just have at a person without even seeing what they're saying. There is a keychain issue, for a keychain item that doesn't exist as far as I can tell. I have confirmation others have this issue, incl right here.

You can kiss my entire ass talking to me like that.

"How often do you see companies offer to do remote sessions to figure out what's going on?"
A number of times in my experience, asshole.
Steinberg, VSL, NI...
However I have never seen a keychain ask for a non-existent keychain item. I'm pretty sure I understand the installation, and that there is no Program Files on Mac OS. And that a folder in Applications is not meaningful. So on top of this being broken, I'm seeing advice that makes_no_sense.

Are you just here to scream in frustration and nothing else?
Well, it's evident I have done a lot more... but no, no need to get any sense of any of that, just be a shit to a person. :tu:
love how you prop up a story about me in order to off-topic get personal.

Any solution to the problem?

com.inmusicbrands.softwareunlock is a folder we create on your machine to store your authorizations. We require you to allow access via your keychain in order to authorize using the OAuth system we have implemented.

This isn't optional. We require keychain access to retrieve user license information. Pressing Always Allow twice will make the popup not appear again. A bit annoyingly it has to be done both for standalone and plugin. But after that it should be fine.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Here, there was apparently some conflict created by the back and forth. Clearing everything known out makes the click-through possible. It takes the computer password now. It would not yesterday.

I can not understand why the licenses are not recognized directly from license manager and required grand access in our keychain. I really wonder, how safe is this process?

ROLI's Equator 1 does the same thing, but it is dismissable with 'Deny'. Evidently they fixed it for Equator 2, so it's hard for me to buy its absolute necessity (also being that out of everything I use exactly two plugins do this).

I have seen three distinct behaviors of 3.4.
1) the keychain dialog was dismissable with Deny; 2) it wasn't dismissable, and would not accept my password locally, and it apparently doesn't use the inMusic login; 3) after deleting everything, first by the included uninstaller and then manually some things that doesn't touch, entering the local PW 4x in the standalone and subsequently 2x loading in VE Pro as well as w. Cubase scanning it, clicks through it. After established there's but the one enter local pw.

If your content resides under a folder that isn't "BFD Drums" now, it will look like you have it but it doesn't function.
Here having two sets of things, eg., in Application Support seems problematic. Interestingly, migrating automatically makes a copy of the user folder (presets, maps etc) in BFD Drums/BFD3.
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

blackesteyes wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:49 pm I can not understand why the licenses are not recognized directly from license manager and required grand access in our keychain. I really wonder, how safe is this process?
This is the only software i own that does this stupid thing all the time.

Every bloody time i try and use bfd3 it demands access to my keychain and every time i give it access but it just asks again each time.

This is just f**king stupid and it also does it TWICE each time, NOTHING else i use asks even once.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

blackesteyes wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:35 am Please, tell me a way to activate the software via License Manager, not from my keychain.
Amberience has stated unequivocally that the keychain is not optional. So the activation in LM isn't respected by the application. Finally it did take my local password, but when it didn't I was frankly livid.
And no, I'm certain I entered my password when it was refused during that trip, it's too simple.

I stupidly updated the OS to 15.7 a few months ago. Immediately BFD3 was botched (apparently there was a difference with no update addressing it), throwing a weird error "API for Web Demo not found", with no support channel... so I had to wipe my drive and restore everything. Probably safe to draw the inference from the correlation, it worked normally under 15.6 again, no coincidence. From a mechanical drive, it took over a day. So with that trauma I guess I'm damaged, I'm in no mood.
And FU funkywinkerbean or whatever your handle is.

Oh, here's another bit that isn't just me screaming in frustration, but more reporting of things which normally one hopes are fixed:
VE Pro with BFD3.4 saved in it here hangs during a quit operation, has to be force-quit. Very probably no concidence, has been 100% true so far where before this was no issue.

I'm really disappointed after the last update. Suddenly my computer started behaving strangely. The complete formatting of the disk is unfortunately inevitable. It's not funny. I no longer feel any confidence.

You may want to restrict yourself to just clearing out all traces of the BFD3 installation.
I was about to give up absolutely, but then I see that the fxpansion version is going to be kaput eventually, might as well plow thru.

Which version are you using now?

I wonder - why the companies, so often, screw up the customer care during and after the acquisition processes?

The most valuable asset, in most of the cases, for the company is the clientele. One could imagine, that the last thing the new owner wants to do, is to abandon their most valuable asset. If the new owner doesn´t take seriously these kind of migration processes, communication, customer service etc., the existing clientele easly feels abandonet.

Why use a lot of money and time, negotiate the acquisition of the new business, and then do the customer care in the left hand?

I can´t get it.

In this case: Is there any information given, how long the present (old) BFD account is supported? I.e. how long can we go on "business as usual", without the migration?

I own, in addition of BFD3, about 20 expansions, plus other Fxpansion stuff, and after reading all these comments in this thread and other Forumes, my judgement is, that the risk of loosing with the migration is bigger and the change of gaining (especially, when the BFD ver. 3.4 doesn´t seem to offer that much).

One free expansion pack against loosing the whole BFD3 you have spent perhaps a grand or so, messing the computer, using hours of your time, all the frustration...

Doesn´t feel a very tempting deal.

Return to “Instruments”